00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your idea for a mech game?

936 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your idea for a mech game? 2017-09-23 18:12:29

Here is my idea. The game would be set in the near future in the 2060s and involve the United States becoming divided into North and South again. The U.S.'s second civil war breaks out. But instead of fighting on foot, the soldiers fight with mechs, just like the ones you see in Armored Core or Gundam. The player will use a mech as well. But, the player will get to choose which side he/she will be on and it will affect the game's ending. The game will be an open world action game. What is your idea?

"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne -The Shawshank Redemption

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-09-24 09:48:09

At 9/23/17 06:12 PM, sirleibl wrote: Here is my idea. The game would be set in the near future in the 2060s and involve the United States becoming divided into North and South again. The U.S.'s second civil war breaks out. But instead of fighting on foot, the soldiers fight with mechs, just like the ones you see in Armored Core or Gundam. The player will use a mech as well. But, the player will get to choose which side he/she will be on and it will affect the game's ending. The game will be an open world action game. What is your idea?

Interesting premise. Would would cause the split like that in your lore of the US? Are the mechs going to be more of the grounded type units with limited mobility (8th MS team showcased this well). What sort of technology will be making an appearance? Do you have an example of a similar game that would be related to this game? What will the player be able to do in this open world? I think the idea may have merit but I'd like to learn more.

I'd love to get a modernized version of mech warrior 4 mercenaries. The Battletech lore is fantastic and I think would benefit from a new game giving it a breath of fresh air.

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-09-25 13:34:03

An HD remake of Mechwarrior 2 would be nice.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-09-25 21:09:37

At 9/25/17 01:34 PM, Painbringer wrote: An HD remake of Mechwarrior 2 would be nice.

i second this. also sequels to MechWarrior 4 cause goddamn i love that game and it's sad to see the series die out.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

I never played the Mechwarrior series but I will check it out one day. I however would like to see a sequel to Zone of the Enders 2. ZOE 1 and 2 were great games(there's also a GBA spinoff game I never played) and it's a shame Kojima did not make another one.

Also, FromSoftware needs to bring Metal Wolf Chaos and Another Century's Episode to America. I would love to play those games.

"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne -The Shawshank Redemption

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-09-26 02:37:37

At 9/25/17 10:23 PM, sirleibl wrote: I never played the Mechwarrior series but I will check it out one day.

the MechWarrior and Mech Commander series' are the quintessential OG mech games. if mech games are your thing, they are a must play.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

At 9/25/17 01:34 PM, Painbringer wrote: An HD remake of Mechwarrior 2 would be nice.

^ Pretty much this!

Maybe I'll make a mech game after I'm done with flying snake.

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-09-26 15:30:08

Man, what a tough question... I guess it would be SO cool if you get the chance to explore exotic locations with your mech and battle giant, dangerous creatures.

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-09-26 17:04:50

At 9/26/17 03:30 PM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: Man, what a tough question... I guess it would be SO cool if you get the chance to explore exotic locations with your mech and battle giant, dangerous creatures.

Minecraft + Mechs!

-Effortlessly walk over blocks.
-Rocket jump to the highest cliffs.
-Fire TNT rockets at your enemies.
-Liquefy solid rock with your layz0rs!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-10-31 02:58:13

After my current project I'll be starting work on a mech game.

It'll be a 3D rouge-like with nearly completely destroyable environments. Graphically it'll probably be flat-shaded like the original Star Fox but it'll make up for that with with deep mechanics, physics, tons of customisation and bullet hell levels of chaos at times.

It's going to take place on planet with a newly discovered resource dubbed complex matter which gives specially designed mechs magic-like abilities and needless to say there will be multiple factions fighting for control of it. There's a lot of other stuff in my head regarding the project but this is the core of the concept and the rest is likely to change.

Response to Your idea for a mech game? 2017-11-03 22:51:26

MGS but its only mechs

hi how are ya