00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joker1222344 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rick&Morty

1,436 Views | 18 Replies

Whats so fucking great about this show. I enjoyed the first season for a bit and after that to me its no better than an episode of Family Guy. Not to mention everyone always tells me with a smug tone "A lot of the jokes will go over your heads if youre not smart enough" or some crap

I swear the shit they put on Adult Swim these days....

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-05 18:03:57 (edited 2017-09-05 18:04:18)

At 9/5/17 05:17 PM, Wegra wrote: bs

yeawellfckyoowegra

At 9/5/17 05:23 PM, Sekhem wrote: pickle rick!!!!!!!

And fuck the condescending prick in that picture. "I don't wanna escape from my problems, I wanna tackle them head on." Lol this guy obviously isn't that smart to begin with. Especially seeing as how he says all that after admitting to attempting suicide.
(not that I'm equaling suicide with cowardice)

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-05 18:21:04

At 9/5/17 05:54 PM, Kalverin wrote: what did you expect from adult swim

Something worthwhile and entertaining?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-05 18:40:34

it's a great show try smoking a blunt to it ad drinking some wine..... its not like other animes.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 02:36:34

At 9/5/17 05:17 PM, Wegra wrote: Whats so fucking great about this show.

It's ongoing.

I enjoyed the first season for a bit and after that to me its no better than an episode of Family Guy.

A lot of people still like Family Guy.

Not to mention everyone always tells me with a smug tone "A lot of the jokes will go over your heads if youre not smart enough" or some crap

Ask for an example. Validate this statement.

I swear the shit they put on Adult Swim these days....

Is not different than what they used to put.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 07:10:56 (edited 2017-09-06 07:11:36)

I think this explains it from the jaded perspective.

Rick&Morty

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 07:13:48

At 9/5/17 05:23 PM, Sekhem wrote: pickle rick!!!!!!!

The guy in that picture is an idiot if he thinks he can get away from his problems with death, Death is almost never the answer you CAN find a way out of the situation.

You just have to try instead of letting go.

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 07:24:28

its just big bang theory for people who think they are too smart for big bang theory, with the same surface level "nerd culture" references and wacky random catchphrases.

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 12:33:41

At 9/5/17 05:17 PM, Wegra wrote: Whats so fucking great about this show. I enjoyed the first season for a bit and after that to me its no better than an episode of Family Guy. Not to mention everyone always tells me with a smug tone "A lot of the jokes will go over your heads if youre not smart enough" or some crap

Then again, that's your opinion. I've enjoyed watching this, but this ain't no Batman or Avatar (both the Nick & Peter Jackson versions). It's one of adult swim's best, tbh.

Rick&Morty

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 16:38:18

At 9/6/17 01:17 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 9/5/17 06:03 PM, CiviLies wrote: And fuck the condescending prick in that picture.
P I C K L E

R I C K

Wow. Just...wow.
I think I'm ready for the New World Order to begin.
Cull 2/3 of the world's population. It really is time.

Oh, aaaaAAAAaaaand that's the way the news goes!

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 21:10:55

It's fucking hysterical. However if you think you need to be intelligent to get it then you are deluding yourself.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-06 22:38:07

At 9/6/17 01:22 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 9/6/17 01:07 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: great show. some of the episodes are trash (mr. meeseeks was garbo) and some of the episodes feel like they're purely made to create memes (pickle rick for example like sekhem keeps spamming)

even at its worst it's still the best "adult" cartoon on TV right now.
P I C K L E R I C K

Haha, I'm gonna have to agree with the classification of those shows. There's nothing cringey or wrong about that diagram.

Rick and morty is a great show (not even being sarcastic), my IQ is so high I'm not even influenced by bandwagons for or against it, I just plain like it. Please don't reply unless you can demonstrate your IQ is within +-5 points of mine.

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-07 11:16:05 (edited 2017-09-07 11:19:58)

I love the show, but sadly w it became way too popular for its own good and, as stated in this thread, both the fanbase and the "anti-fanbase" (people who care way too much about a show they supposedly hate) are pure cancer.

Btw, I don't think Rick and Morty is a "super smart and deep show" or anything, it's just a fun, self aware cartoon that jokes with its continuity.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-07 13:50:51

At 9/7/17 11:27 AM, Sekhem wrote:
p i c k l e

r i c k

that's right, i'm back, baby

r/rickandmorty has to be the worst subreddit after r/atheism and r/thedonald

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-07 14:01:16

At 9/5/17 05:17 PM, Wegra wrote: I swear the shit they put on Adult Swim these days....

Like any comedy, either you like it or you don't. If you have to question why something is funny, best just to ignore it and move on.

However, if it helps. Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIG3HDaV0hE

There are jokes they outright do, and jokes you have to have noticed or pointed out. Also, they do a good job on connecting the episodes and jokes together to make one elaborate running gag.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-07 15:42:07

May I take a moment to point out that graaaAAAAaaaass tastes bad.

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-08 13:10:53

Good show. Good writing. But really, like a lot of things, fanbases can kill it. Usually, in most cases, I tend to turn, but RM is one of the few things that I contnue to support, despite fandoms.

Those simpletons who want to spout off some false supremacy for liking a show are extremely misguided. Just because RIck's smart doesn't make you smart. The show presents good writing and well timed jokes -- anybody can enjoy that. No one's superior because they enjoy a media.

It's extremely misguided identity issues that every group suffers from. Unfortuently, Rick and Morty's fanbase suffers from self-importance.

Fuck 'em.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-08 13:21:07

At 9/7/17 05:15 PM, Sekhem wrote: pickle

rick

Thank you for showing me that real cringe still exists with all of these beautiful images

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Rick&Morty 2017-09-08 18:15:56

At 9/8/17 02:31 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 9/8/17 01:10 PM, Dosensuppen wrote: Good show. Good writing.
pickle r i c k

"You can almost hear Freud rolling over in his grave to say 'I told you so'."

Just fucking yuuuucccck.

Rick&Morty