00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vinilad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thoughts on the Switch?

1,775 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-08-28 22:29:36

The Switch has been out for a while now... thoughts on it, so far?

In my opinion, I love it. (Got it Day One.)

Hello

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-08-29 00:00:16

It currently lacks many of the major franchise games.

Sure, there's Mario Kart 8 and Zelda, but I already have those for Wii U.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-08-29 06:39:09

i don't have it, but i want one!
They have great games
The only one that's missing is Mother 4 (i hope it will come out)

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-08-29 18:53:12 (edited 2017-08-29 18:54:19)

Even though I don't see it as a feasible purchase at the moment ,It's got just enough games currently to make it's worth.

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-08-29 19:40:11

Now that cartridges are back, are any of you wondering how they're going to hold up to the most demanding of new, 3rd party games?

I bet the loading times would be a hell of a lot faster.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-08-30 20:07:17

I'm not too keen on it. I don't like the Joycon's excuse for a D-Pad and I hate the asymmetrical analog sticks.
Mario Odyssey is the only game I care about at the moment and that's certainly not worth buying a Switch. Everything else I like is on the WiiU or other consoles.

To be completely honest I just want a portable Gamecube emulator. If GC VC never comes out then I don't see myself getting a Switch ever.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-08-31 07:11:43

Let's hope Switch can breath some new life for Nintendo in the long term. Also, still no Miiverse in sight it seems despite it closing for Wii U and the 3DS systems this November...

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-01 17:39:55

At 8/31/17 07:11 AM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: Let's hope Switch can breath some new life for Nintendo in the long term. Also, still no Miiverse in sight it seems despite it closing for Wii U and the 3DS systems this November...

I'm thinking they might introduce some sort of improved social feature once the online service goes paid. Hopefully we'll get a bit more than Splatoon 2's almost-Miiverse.

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-01 22:47:50

It's good. I have one, just want more games. Really hoping for an animal crossing game in the near future..

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-01 22:56:05

At 9/1/17 10:47 PM, Sequenced wrote: It's good. I have one, just want more games. Really hoping for an animal crossing game in the near future..

WE NEED ANIMAL CROSSING!!

Hello

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-01 22:57:23

At 9/1/17 05:39 PM, MisterCheesio wrote:
At 8/31/17 07:11 AM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: Let's hope Switch can breath some new life for Nintendo in the long term. Also, still no Miiverse in sight it seems despite it closing for Wii U and the 3DS systems this November...

I never really liked Miiverse, actually. It was filled with 7 year olds looking for boyfriends and girlfriends.

Hello

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-01 23:32:22

Haven't got one yet, but I would really like to go on a train or airplane
and spend time properly. Time that I could spend waiting in agony
or being uncomfortable while travelling great distances.

With the Switch I can do that and play video games for like 3 hours
before the battery dies.

Fuck me, right?

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-02 03:22:25

The console itself is great. I never thought I'd use it as a handheld, but I think I've probably spent more time using it in that configuration than I've spent with it hooked up to the TV, which really surprised me. As a handhelf, it feels really nice and the display is a million times better than any previous handheld I've used, although admittedly I'm comparing it with the PSP and 3DS.

I decided to try playing it before buying the pro controller (originally planned to buy it with the console) and now that I've tried the "controller" that it comes with, I'm probably not going to bother with the pro. It does feel more compact than I'm used to so it was a little strange at first but I soon got used to it.

As for the games, I still only have Zelda, but it's fantastic. I don't play games anywhere near as frequently as I used to, so it will last me until some of the other games I'm waiting for are released. Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2 are a couple of already released titles that I'd probably have bought if I was playing more often.

So yeah, I had my doubts but took a gamble and got a Switch. I think it's a pretty neat system.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-02 13:06:18

At 9/2/17 10:03 AM, DarkRoxy wrote: I have Wii U so I don't need it

You will eventually need it if you want to play the latest games.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-02 16:19:02

At 9/2/17 01:07 PM, DarkRoxy wrote: the only game they have is Zelda and that works for U so I'm good

Obviously I mean upcoming games like Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 9.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-02 16:24:36

At 9/2/17 04:19 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/2/17 01:07 PM, DarkRoxy wrote: the only game they have is Zelda and that works for U so I'm good
Obviously I mean upcoming games like Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 9.

Don't forget Metroid Prime 4 and the Pokemon game. Doubt either of them will disappoint.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-15 22:05:05

People who follow the Switch may already know that Skyrim is already coming for the System so that's one thing for those who would want to play such.

Then Doom 2016 (aka Doom reboot/Doom 4) and Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus are also confirmed to be coming for the switch. Switch owners can now have the joys of ripping and tearing demons, and slaughtering Nazis in their respective system.

Sources:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/13/doom-2016-nintendo-switch/
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/bethesda-doom-on-the-switch-graphics-not-one-to-one-custom-built-for-comparable-experience
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/13/16305002/bethesda-doom-wolfenstein-2-nintendo-switch
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-heads-to-nintendo-s/1100-6453320/

I would personally buy a Switch to see how these versions hold up to their respective PC, XB1, and PS4 versions.

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-16 11:21:55

I'm still waiting for a pink Switch before I buy one, I do want one and I like the look of a few games, the colour just isn't right for me yet.

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-16 13:39:23

At 9/16/17 11:21 AM, TehBerg wrote: I'm still waiting for a pink Switch before I buy one, I do want one and I like the look of a few games, the colour just isn't right for me yet.

What about pink and green?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-16 13:42:38

At 9/16/17 01:39 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/16/17 11:21 AM, TehBerg wrote: I'm still waiting for a pink Switch before I buy one, I do want one and I like the look of a few games, the colour just isn't right for me yet.
What about pink and green?

Yeah, I've seen that one, but I don't like green and I don't think green goes well with pink. Blue and pink can work, depending on the shade of blue.

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-16 13:56:32

At 9/16/17 01:42 PM, TehBerg wrote: Yeah, I've seen that one, but I don't like green and I don't think green goes well with pink. Blue and pink can work, depending on the shade of blue.

Buy a red/blue and pink/green Switch and swap the joycons.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-16 14:01:32

At 9/16/17 01:56 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/16/17 01:42 PM, TehBerg wrote: Yeah, I've seen that one, but I don't like green and I don't think green goes well with pink. Blue and pink can work, depending on the shade of blue.
Buy a red/blue and pink/green Switch and swap the joycons.

That sounds like throwing money away!

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-16 14:18:39

At 9/16/17 02:01 PM, TehBerg wrote: That sounds like throwing money away!

Not if you sell it as a red/green Mario and Luigi Limited Edition!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-17 10:30:46

The switch to what?

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-17 21:26:47

At 9/17/17 09:20 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: I think I've decided that if I can find a sweet Black Friday deal on a Mario Odyssey bundle I'll pick one up.

Oh look, the user of the day made a post! Hi!

What's the date for Black Friday? I don't live in the US, so it's not something I can easily keep track of.

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-17 23:43:39

My sister has one. It's a good little system. My two biggest complaints are the weird placements of the joystick on the right and the weak battery life when you're using the handheld mode.

Though the life of the controller is stupidly long.

I like it. My girlfriend wants to get one. Breath of the Wild is good. I want to play Mario Odyssey.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-19 13:05:38

The poor battery life in handheld mode is possibly because it's got a lot to do in that mode. If they reduced the quality, the battery might last longer, can you not attach a battery pack to it in handheld mode? That would be a decent solution to that problem!

Response to Thoughts on the Switch? 2017-09-19 13:08:11

At 9/19/17 01:05 PM, TehBerg wrote: The poor battery life in handheld mode is possibly because it's got a lot to do in that mode. If they reduced the quality, the battery might last longer, can you not attach a battery pack to it in handheld mode? That would be a decent solution to that problem!

Tbh, battery isn't much of a problem

Hello

BBS Signature