00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks?

3,526 Views | 80 Replies

Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 12:53:45

Anyone else on the Gulf coast? I'm in Louisiana. Supposed to be hardcore flooding. Already stocked up on supplies. I say as faithful newgrounds users, @tomfulp should let us LA/TX folks come stay with him. We can help with housework and the kids!

I had to stay in a shelter after Rita. Hurricanes make me anxious.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Maybe if we build a massive wall along the gulf we can keep the hurricanes from entering the country, though I'm sure some are good people.

Seriously though, good luck to those in the path; hopefully it won't be too crazy.

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 13:41:34

At 8/24/17 01:01 PM, Hacklyn wrote: Did you get any local warnings? Now might be a good time for a vacation in some other area of the country, after you've prepared everything.

I expect our watches and warnings to be issued this weekend.
I'm actually planning a vacation to Florida on Labor Day weekend. We'll see what happens!

At 8/24/17 01:12 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: No. I live in Michigan.

Hurricanes aren't much of an issue here.

We prefer to kill ourselves with opioids rather than wait for the vengeful hand of nature to do it.

I guess you have blizzards. If you need somewhere to go come January, holla.

At 8/24/17 01:21 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Maybe if we build a massive wall along the gulf we can keep the hurricanes from entering the country, though I'm sure some are good people.

Seriously though, good luck to those in the path; hopefully it won't be too crazy.

And the Gulf of Mexico can pay for the wall!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 14:49:59

The only thing I have to worry about on the west coast are earthquakes. Most of them are small tremors you don't really notice, but there a few that can definitely be felt.

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 15:09:30

We prefer to kill ourselves with opioids rather than wait for the vengeful hand of nature to do it.

Just admit you're from Detroit.

It's okay.

I'm from Memphis. We sent most of you.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 16:31:32

At 8/24/17 02:13 PM, Hacklyn wrote:
Just make sure you'll have money for possible repairs and to disaster proof your house before you go so you won't need to.

It'll be good for you though. You can chill Que Sera, Sera style, which is a great way to deal with a hurricane.

I have good insurance, but I don't want to leave my house during a hurricane, because my cats.

I love my cats.

At 8/24/17 02:49 PM, EdyKel wrote: The only thing I have to worry about on the west coast are earthquakes. Most of them are small tremors you don't really notice, but there a few that can definitely be felt.

I lived out west in the 80s. I was very young, but I remember that real bad one. All the overpasses collapsed.

At 8/24/17 03:50 PM, Sekhem wrote: so glad i'm not living down there anymore (used to live in a small town called el campo, right in the path of that)

i mean, we get typhoons here in taiwan, but the mountains around hsinchu break up all of them before they can hit us here on the west coast

I didn't know you were in Taiwan, neat! Where are you originally from?

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 17:35:51

At 8/24/17 03:09 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

Please explain this. I'm bumfuzzled.

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 17:54:09

At 8/24/17 05:44 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 8/24/17 05:35 PM, thenoodge wrote:

i think he's referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)

Ahhh, I see. One more thing they must have "missed" in history class.

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 19:12:11

At 8/24/17 05:44 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 8/24/17 05:35 PM, thenoodge wrote:

i think he's referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)

Well played Sek. This is indeed exactly what I was talking about.

There are also many people who "aren't from Memphis" who nevertheless manage to spend all their time here.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 21:20:51

At 8/24/17 09:17 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote:
At 8/24/17 01:41 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

I guess you have blizzards. If you need somewhere to go come January, holla.
But I like blizzards. They suck to drive in, but they're nice to look at.

I'm a sucker for snow. I know you guys hate shoveling it, but I never get to see it and I love it.

I might come up there, for a blizzard

Anyway, our governor has declared a state of emergency and apparently Texas doesn't do contraflow on the interstate , because my friends trying to evacuate are stuck in gridlock.

And Funk thinks hurricanes are racist or something, you guys lost me there.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 21:44:04

At 8/24/17 09:37 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: Another good thing about living up here is that it's not on fire during the summer, like so many other places are.

There's usually only a handful of summer days here that break the 90 degree barrier.

I read about places having 110+ degree days and I wonder how people can stand it.

Yeah it was upper 90s when I left work every day this week. Combined with the insane humidity, it was awful.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-24 22:32:57

At 8/24/17 09:20 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

You never see hurricanes in Canada or Europe, that's all I'm saying.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 01:08:27

i'm in san antonio, i'm ready to get FLOODED

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 01:45:41

I'm in Austin.

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 08:31:55

At 8/24/17 10:32 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
You never see hurricanes in Canada or Europe, that's all I'm saying.

According to Facebook, Canada helps control the weather with that HAARP machine.

At 8/25/17 01:08 AM, SteelChair wrote: i'm in san antonio, i'm ready to get FLOODED

Stay safe, keep us updated

At 8/25/17 01:45 AM, WaffleCrisp wrote: I'm in Austin.

Are you under any watches or warnings yet?

We are already having storms.

At 8/25/17 07:13 AM, RightTime wrote: This is going to be bad. Harvey should be a category 3 by the time it makes landfall.

People are kinda getting hung up on that, and they need to watch out.

Wind isn't going to be the problem, it's going to be flooding.

This is going to be historic flooding.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 10:29:52

At 8/25/17 10:11 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Houston here. The rain just started a few mins ago. Looking forward to the storm washing away all the homeless ppl.

As a Louisiana resident, allow me to break it to you, that Katrina did nothing of the sort.

At 8/25/17 10:17 AM, Jurornumber3 wrote: Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

You my favorite.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 12:26:18

At 8/25/17 12:01 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
At 8/25/17 10:29 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 8/25/17 10:11 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Houston here. The rain just started a few mins ago. Looking forward to the storm washing away all the homeless ppl.
As a Louisiana resident, allow me to break it to you, that Katrina did nothing of the sort.
Cuz they all fled to Houston

Maybe they'll go back to nawleans where they belong and Houston won't be a trashy city anymore

Oh no
New Orleans is still full of them.
And my city, a lot came here too.

But we could have an entire separate thread about Katrina/New Orleans/how all that pisses me off.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 14:08:06

At 8/25/17 08:31 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 8/24/17 10:32 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 8/25/17 01:45 AM, WaffleCrisp wrote: I'm in Austin.

Nothing yet.

At 8/25/17 08:31 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Stay safe, keep us updated

all i know is the bexar county is under a disaster declaration and that sam's club waived it's membership garbage for this week in order to get supplies for the flood, will try to shit out more info if the power doesn't go out

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 14:47:18

just gonna get a lot of rain and wind where i live shouldn't be too bad but you never know.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 16:58:17

At 8/25/17 02:08 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:

Nothing yet.

Stay safe yo

At 8/25/17 02:41 PM, SteelChair wrote:
At 8/25/17 08:31 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Stay safe, keep us updated
all i know is the bexar county is under a disaster declaration and that sam's club waived it's membership garbage for this week in order to get supplies for the flood, will try to shit out more info if the power doesn't go out

That's good Sams decided to not be douchenozzles, and yes please update us! I love your sig btw.

At 8/25/17 02:47 PM, kazumazkan wrote: just gonna get a lot of rain and wind where i live shouldn't be too bad but you never know.

Stay safe too

At 8/25/17 04:33 PM, SirWaffleThe3rd wrote: I'm in Louisiana as well, and I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Have you always been here? Rita was awful. I had no power for like 9 days. No water. No food.

I lived though. Can't complain.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 17:15:09

At 8/25/17 05:12 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: when is the storm going to get real? i've got blue balls here.

should hit tonight

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 18:25:45

At 8/25/17 05:03 PM, SirWaffleThe3rd wrote:
At 8/25/17 04:58 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Have you always been here? Rita was awful. I had no power for like 9 days. No water. No food.

I lived though. Can't complain.
I've been here since I was born. Thankfully, Rita and Katrina were manageable for my family.

Hope this one is managable for ya as well.

At 8/25/17 05:12 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: when is the storm going to get real? i've got blue balls here.

It appears it's going to stall, and rain on you forever, and flooding is the big deal.
How has it been where you live during other hurricanes?

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 19:16:56

Category 4 now

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 19:32:04

At 8/25/17 07:24 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: Really sucks about the impending doom for you guys.

I'll be up here relaxing in peaceful serenity extra hard for you.

It's pretty nice here atm. I'm gonna eat a sandwich.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-25 21:57:31

At 8/25/17 07:48 PM, RightTime wrote: Mayor tells those not evacuating for hurricane to put Social Security numbers on arms - the Mayor of Rockport, TX has advised residents who plan on staying through the storm to write their name and social security number on their arm so that they can be identified more easily by rescue workers in case of their deaths. Damn that's cold. Then again, if you refuse to leave after multiple warnings you are putting your life in jeopardy.

I actually just shared this on my FB.
I have a lot of friends in that area who are not taking it seriously at all.
We have the science and technology available to warn you that you can expect 20-30 inches of rain, and you won't leave???

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-26 00:33:53

well it made land as a cat 4 oh man

god help us

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-26 00:37:02

Still nothing in Austin.

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-26 07:59:39

Looking better for Louisiana in terms of not much wind headed this way, but still flooding and tornado risk.

Looking worse for Texas, in terms of days of heavy rain.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane/Gulf Coast folks? 2017-08-26 14:20:33

fuk

BBS Signature