00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Willyp213 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collections

5,039 Views | 106 Replies

Collections 2017-08-05 14:46:11

What do you guys collect?

I collect keys, Fallout/other video game stuff, and broken promises and crushed dreams.

I also have a ton of books, including comics, but I feel that's less of a collection and more of a hobby.

Collections

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 15:37:53

At 8/5/17 02:46 PM, SevenSeize wrote: What do you guys collect?

Energy can tabs. Pic related was older, but it has a helluva lot more tabs, now. I'll stop when the tabs reached the end of the chain.

Collections

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 15:41:29

At 8/5/17 03:37 PM, Mace121 wrote:
Energy can tabs. Pic related was older, but it has a helluva lot more tabs, now. I'll stop when the tabs reached the end of the chain.

I used to do the same with tabs from soda. Had them on a chain just like that. No idea what happened to them.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 16:52:33

At 8/5/17 03:41 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I used to do the same with tabs from soda. Had them on a chain just like that. No idea what happened to them.

Heh. My friend used to do that, too.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 17:04:51

At 8/5/17 03:47 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: rn i don't collect anything
but i have tonnes of stuff that i have collected over the years
i have about 400 DVDs
100+ CDs
Boxes and boxes of retro video games across about 12 systems
all this stuff is currently in cardboard boxes in my coat hanging area

My little sister has a huge collection of VHS tapes.
I got rid of most of my DVDs. I have maybe 50 or so.

At 8/5/17 04:52 PM, Mace121 wrote:
At 8/5/17 03:41 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
Heh. My friend used to do that, too.

Clearly this is some sort of conspiracy.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 18:07:15

Movies. I had around 200 but I needed money, so I sold most of them.

Collections

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 18:16:11

At 8/5/17 06:07 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Movies. I had around 200 but I needed money, so I sold most of them.

I see you have all 4 Scary Movies.

I confess to owning those as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 18:22:45

At 8/5/17 06:16 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 8/5/17 06:07 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Movies. I had around 200 but I needed money, so I sold most of them.
I see you have all 4 Scary Movies.

I confess to owning those as well.

Nothing like movie reference jokes from a decade and more a go.

Platoon was most impacting. I first saw it when I was ten. Oliver Stone was in Vietnam. He admits to drama, but it's just a movie and movies can never be realistic. Maybe if bullets came out the screen...

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 18:31:28

At 8/5/17 06:22 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
At 8/5/17 06:16 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 8/5/17 06:07 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
Platoon was most impacting. I first saw it when I was ten. Oliver Stone was in Vietnam. He admits to drama, but it's just a movie and movies can never be realistic. Maybe if bullets came out the screen...

I forgot all about Platoon. I think I have that around here somewhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 19:44:31

I collect bottle caps. Well I'm not really collecting them.

I'm really just trying to have an unhealthy amount to show how little of a life I have.

Response to Collections 2017-08-05 22:25:47

At 8/5/17 07:16 PM, MistyWaterflower wrote: enjoy

Your collection is well protected, unlike mine

At 8/5/17 07:44 PM, Collio wrote:
I collect bottle caps. Well I'm not really collecting them.

I'm really just trying to have an unhealthy amount to show how little of a life I have.

As long as the caps come off good beer

At 8/5/17 09:14 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
That PROVES I'm da ALPHA, Ultim8 Pimplord OG.

I can get that put on a t shirt for you, just in case someone tries to steal the Ultim8 Pimplord title from you.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-06 09:33:19

At 8/5/17 10:55 PM, MistyWaterflower wrote:
one time i was fcking my ex gf and the rubber broke and i got scared

But you made it. *salutes*

At 8/6/17 12:16 AM, JosephStarr wrote: Bullet shells. (and bullets in general really)

You can find some weird shells at the shooting range.

edit: Thinking I might make chess pieces or something out of them someday.

I look for older bullet shells/casings etc
I have an uncle who has been lucky to find several from the civil war era.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-06 16:15:59

Telephone insulators, MLP toys, car, truck, and aircraft models, old bottles, railroad items (namely signals), road signs, model trains, Zoids models, cassettes, 80's toys, and a few other things.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-06 17:07:12

At 8/6/17 10:35 AM, BoxerBraydog wrote:
I have a truckload of vintage MAD magazines sitting in my closet(About 12 issues!). They all keep getting torn though, so they're not worth as much as you think.

We had several old MAD mags as well, but we had a fire and lost them.

At 8/6/17 04:15 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: Telephone insulators, MLP toys, car, truck, and aircraft models, old bottles, railroad items (namely signals), road signs, model trains, Zoids models, cassettes, 80's toys, and a few other things.

I lost my 80s toys in the same fire mentioned above. What kinda toys have you got?

At 8/6/17 04:56 PM, StatKing wrote: Debt

Unfortunately, I collect that as well

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-06 17:43:18

At 8/6/17 05:33 PM, StatKing wrote:
At 8/6/17 04:56 PM, StatKing wrote: Debt
Unfortunately, I collect that as well
You mean you rack up debt

or you actually collecting?

If so what portfolio do you work?

Lol, no. I mean I have debt, as in student loans etc.

But you don't have to call me, I always pay up. Never been turned in.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-06 17:45:23

Vinyl records. I haven't counted in a long time but I know that I have over 200.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-06 18:47:33

At 8/6/17 05:45 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Vinyl records. I haven't counted in a long time but I know that I have over 200.

I admire a good vinyl record collection. My cousin has several hundred as well. I'm very jealous.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-06 22:44:22

My tears.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-07 09:59:45 (edited 2017-08-07 10:02:31)

At 8/6/17 05:07 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I lost my 80s toys in the same fire mentioned above. What kinda toys have you got?

Besides G1 MLP's, I have some Stomper trucks and cars, Record Breakers cars, slot cars, Hot Wheels (several manufacturers) and a few playsets, Ertl tractors (I had a bunch as a kid, and now I cringe because those same ones go for big bucks at auctions), Wheeled Warriors (also had several as a kid. Only have 2 currently) and some odds and ends. Would like to get More Stompers, but they go for insane prices nowadays (one semi I had as a kid, that I still have the incomplete shell to sells for around $500 now :( ).

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-07 11:53:21

At 8/6/17 10:44 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: My tears.

How much would you sell them for?

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-07 13:31:43

At 8/6/17 10:44 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: My tears.

Don't cry, have pie.

At 8/7/17 09:59 AM, wildfire4461 wrote:
At 8/6/17 05:07 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
Besides G1 MLP's, I have some Stomper trucks and cars, Record Breakers cars, slot cars, Hot Wheels (several manufacturers) and a few playsets, Ertl tractors (I had a bunch as a kid, and now I cringe because those same ones go for big bucks at auctions), Wheeled Warriors

I forgot all about Wheeled Warriors!

At 8/7/17 10:33 AM, NekoMika wrote: I used to collect DVD movies.

I still collect CDs from bands I like or discover, Pokemon cards, and some video games

I have an embarrassing amount of Pokemon cards.

At 8/7/17 10:35 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: STD's...

Gotta catch them all

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-07 14:15:44

Video games, CDs, LPs, movies... But the size of the single collections are relatively small. There's only so much money I can spent on collecting stuff per month and most of the year, I don't buy anything new since I think "naah, have to watch/play/listen to the older stuff first" and then I continue to NOT do that and not buy new stuff either... so yeah. I guess I am a pretty bad collector.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Collections 2017-08-08 10:51:10

At 8/7/17 01:44 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 8/7/17 01:31 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I also rarely collect and play the Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh card games.

I am also guilty of participating in Magic the Gathering

At 8/7/17 02:15 PM, Haggard wrote: Video games, CDs, LPs, movies... But the size of the single collections are relatively small. There's only so much money I can spent on collecting stuff per month and most of the year

I only buy things a few times a year.

At 8/8/17 12:22 AM, Jurornumber3 wrote:
Here's an interesting set of books. The complete 5 book set of Friday the 13th original novels that the defunct publishing company, Black Flame, put out around the mid 00's.

Aside from being cool fan memorabilia, they are out of print and pricey to buy now.

I've seen individual books going for hundreds of dollars on Amazon.

Oh wow! I am insanely jealous of the books. I love Friday the 13th.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-08 13:07:30

At 8/8/17 12:44 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: I don't go in much for digital media. I want something I can see and touch.

I even read my Creepypasta on paper.

I didn't know you COULD get Creepypasta on paper.
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-09 09:03:18

At 8/8/17 02:58 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: I'm very obsessive compulsive about keeping my books looking as pristine as possible.

I never bend or fold them. If a paperback has frayed corner, I glue it together. I even put desiccants I get from beef jerky bags around my bookshelves to protect from any possible moisture.

I'm a terrible person. I fold over the pages in books to save my place.

At 8/8/17 10:31 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 8/8/17 10:20 PM, MistyWaterflower wrote: My max bid is $15.55, I don't really want to pay anymore for it
I would wait it out, I would not pay more than $10 for it actually. It is rare, but in my opinion (barring Charizard from the Base Set which is overhyped and weak as hell due to its cost drawback), there are other valuable cards too. I need to look through my collection again soon.

I wouldn't pay more than 10 either, but I know Neko knows more about their values than I do.

My cards are in stacks with bands around them. :-(

At 8/8/17 10:47 PM, MistyWaterflower wrote:
At 8/8/17 10:31 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 8/8/17 10:20 PM, MistyWaterflower wrote:
Well I can't wait it out cause I already bid that amount.

I don't really care about the rarity, just what I like, the cards I've bought so far have been like 3$ a piece, and I'm almost up to 20 cards to complete my case.

There's nothing wrong with collecting something just because you like it. I know I paid too much for several things in my fallout collection. Don't care. I wanted them.

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-09 15:03:01

NG merc I guess. I doubt anyone owns more besides Tom himself of course.

Otherwise I am a sucker for those monthly magazine collections. My favourite being one called "Beasts and Beings" which has the coolest figures of - beasts and beings.

Also I have like 30 slime (Dragon Quest) keyrings. Just because.

Otherwise, I'd collect dogs if I could. Give me all your dogs.

At 8/5/17 03:37 PM, Mace121 wrote:

I love the colour arrangement.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-09 15:35:47

At 8/9/17 03:08 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote:
Take my dogs, please. They're annoying as fuck and their barking makes me want to put a knife in my skull so the ringing will stop.

:(

Reward them for not barking. If they learn that being good gives tje, treats they will be keen to do it more.

I'm so done with having pets when these ones finally die.

I remember when my last dog was alive thinking every now and then how *nice* it'd be after she has finally passed that I won't need to walk something every day no matter the weather or pick up shit again, or be covered in hairs for half the year, plus vet bills and always having to plan your life around your dog.

What did I do when she did pass? I got two dogs. TWO. I went double or nothing hard.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-09 18:16:47

I collect Video Games from Consoles and PC. I think i have around 200

Response to Collections 2017-08-09 22:20:29

At 8/9/17 03:03 PM, Gagsy wrote: NG merc I guess. I doubt anyone owns more besides Tom himself of course.

Omg hey you hey!!!!
I lost my NG shirts, but all the stickers and such are in my office.

Otherwise I am a sucker for those monthly magazine collections. My favourite being one called "Beasts and Beings" which has the coolest figures of - beasts and beings.

Is that a UK thing or do they do the US too?

Also I have like 30 slime (Dragon Quest) keyrings. Just because.

You don't need a reason. <3 Dragon Quest

Otherwise, I'd collect dogs if I could. Give me all your dogs.

I'd collect cats.
Like, I will legit be an old cat lady, with at least 12 cats.

At 8/9/17 06:16 PM, CaveDancer wrote: I collect Video Games from Consoles and PC. I think i have around 200

Your favs?
I follow Brian Fargo on Twitter, and his video game collection is beautiful. (Former CEO of Interplay games)

BBS Signature

Response to Collections 2017-08-10 11:58:19

At 8/9/17 06:16 PM, CaveDancer wrote: I collect Video Games from Consoles and PC. I think i have around 200
Your favs?
I follow Brian Fargo on Twitter, and his video game collection is beautiful. (Former CEO of Interplay games)

My favorites are my Snes and Nes games