00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

First Flash movie ever published

323 Views | 3 Replies

First Flash movie ever published 2017-08-01 16:37:17

In the advent of Flash movies, both the format and the era, coming to an end, I've got to thinking about a few things. Curiosities have peaked in my mind and I can't help but be compelled to look for an answer before this format and the subsequent culture around it is finally brought to a close.

The history of the internet is muddy water, they say that what's once on the internet, stays there but in this format heat-death, we'll be seeing a complete erasure of two decade's worth of history. In fact, a great many Flash movies have already been deleted from the internet and can't be taken back, especially ones that stretch back to the 90s. I can find traces of them on the Wayback machine but can't recover them. Many of these will remain as vaulted works, others will become orphaned works and it's spurred my curiosity, prompting me to ask, what was the first Flash movie published to the internet? Do we know what it was?

A lot of you are going to jump to pointing out Scrotum the Puppy, but that's only the first Flash movie on Newgrounds. @TomFulp himself made Flash movies before this and published them when Newgrounds was just his personal site and there's likely been other people doing the same. What was the first?

Response to First Flash movie ever published 2017-08-02 02:48:51

I dunno.. some people say Kim Dotcom pioneered the flash cartoon but I'm not sure he was the first..
Wikipedia page for flash animation says it was Ren and Stimpy creator...

Cool....

Response to First Flash movie ever published 2017-08-02 03:26:36

Whatever it was, it's likely gone now... And so an another chapter in the History of the Internet is about to close.

Not sure about the first Flash movie, but...

Club A Seal and Assassin (collection) were some of the very first Flash games.

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/about-newgrounds/history

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature