00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

August COTM: Untraditional Art!

27,644 Views | 299 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Finally.... i finished my master piece. It took me about 5 hours to make
I used red , brown , white and beige yarn
Here is how i made it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TcatDIEKJ0s

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 12:20:58

This is my WIP of my cat piece that is entirely made up out of ropes and ribbons on a piece of fabric. I think it is going pretty well.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 13:51:31

My WIP for Mahishasura Mardini/The Hindu goddess Durga slaying the demon Mahishasur made of bread, water, glue, and dishwasher soap.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 13:59:24

this is my wip for jazzas art challenge. as you can see I have put the glue on the paper staring the picture of. I arranged the glitter and glue tubes around the picture to show a clear image of I was using.

WIP of my entry for the COTM.
I'm painting my drawing with tea, and the red one dries purple, which is why the painting looks different than the colour of the tea.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 15:52:06

august cotm entry wip

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 16:11:16

This is my first entry. So excited : )
W.I.P in three stages.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 16:21:30

Here is my final piece! Its an untradtional Pac-Man game! Please let me know what you think of it. :3

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 17:43:18

WIP 2 it's almost done I just have another rock to paint and add detail to.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 17:46:13

I'm pretty sure this pic is upside down, and I don't know how to fix it

WIP to final
I really enjoy carving out this block and make both a print for my wall and a shirt for my self. I wish the best to everyone join to contest!

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-17 20:09:24

At 8/17/17 07:55PM, by me the hair is made from a this and type of orange sauce, the bushes out of dyed green, glue, the ground is of coffee. The sky is made of glue and nail polish, blue, purple I also used lipstick and foundation, and I think highlight

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 03:56:58

My WIP, before this I used tealight candle, bilberries and coffee mixed with glue.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 04:05:29

Here are my WIP. I used pen ink, lego blocks for stamps, fine-liner pen and permanent marker for lining and then glue and whatnot for the cutting and pasting.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 04:24:24

GOOD LUCK!

WIP Of my progress :)

Finished work
I have used various materials like plastic for the black area , cotton for clouds , cotton threads for unicorn hair , icecream sticks for the fence ,tissue paper for unicorns body, beads for unicorn horn,
, glitter glue for the rainbow , rice for the unicorns wings and bacground paper is also very thin copier paper cover ....
The photo quality is not that good because i dont i have a camera :/
Theme: The girl is depressed but unicorn comes for her rescue to take her into a colorful world :)

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 09:37:40

At 7/30/17 10:38 PM, KimoKreates wrote: Already started. This is my wip knead able eraser character. Edit: I'll fix orientation!

Untraditional b
Hi jazza this took me a while to do and it was Soooooooo stressful and this was made entirely out of art supplies and some wooden parts so I thought that I would see if you could take the challenge I want to see if you can do it so I challenge you to make a sculpture of something out of art supplies to see how hard it was so if you want you can do it on your next challenge video and I hope I'm not to late
Edyn

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 09:52:13

All I have to do is finish adding the sprinkles, I can't wait to finish it! Good luck to everybody else!

I have almost forgotten to post my work in progress.

Almost done

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 13:37:05

'B-UNTRADITIONAL' https://youtu.be/ZTK0p1khBzQ

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 14:33:11

Hi, I'm making this with a soldering iron and a piece of wood. I plan to burn my picture into the wood, I hope it turns out well xD. Anyway, may the best entry win!

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 14:50:28

Here's my wip, I'm using threads, beads, etc. Hopefully it comes out well. I'll probably add this wip to upload to art portal if this doesn't give me a url to post in the final piece; I never used newgrounds before so please be kind. >.<

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 15:51:06

My WIP photo for the challenge.

I'm using lipstick, lipliner, and eyeliner to create the epic kraken destroying a ship scene.

I've got the basics on the ship finished, I'm currently working on coloring the tentacles with the lipstick and eyeliner and configuring the layout.
Also planning on doing a lot of shading with the eye makeup brushes and separating the scene into 3 different layers with cardboard to make it more 3-D.

This is my first Jazza Art Challenge entry! Super excited!

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 16:05:20

This is my art work before I added white highlitghs with a gel pen.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 17:32:37

This is my unfinished artwork with white out

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 18:16:44

The wip of my entry, the finished sketch of Prince Zuko from Avatar: The last airbender ready to start using coffee and tea as the untraditional media... Also adding some marker to the piece to strengthen the outlines and details

This is my finished sketch/outline of my dragon. This was taken halfway through the process on August 1. Sorry it is upside down.

Response to August COTM: Untraditional Art! 2017-08-18 20:44:09

Kind of forgot to post a progress picture. I'm working with sticky notes as well as highlighters! (yes, even the tree was made with highlighters! The beauty of Zebra Mildliners). I did cheat a little with Tombow pens and Kuretake Clean Colours, but I don't have infinite highlighters, do I? ^^;