00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp!

25,466 Views | 352 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 14:25:43

At 7/5/17 05:02 PM, Kitteny14 wrote:  ‘I have read and agree to the terms and conditions for this Tshirt design competition found athttp://jazzastudios.com/ShirtDesignTerms’ 
(My art sucks.. I know)

What a coincidence! I made that one too from this picture. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f5/1d/08/f51d08be05919290355ac004cdd5c2d6--pikachu-tattoo-pikachu-drawing.jpg

I did a thing where I first drew Pikachu from memory, and then with the reference. A fun thing to do actually. :)

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 15:54:07

Finished Design... I decided to go with the grey shirt in the end because the green clashed too much.. I'm gonna enter beginner cause I'm 13... everyone's art looks great... opinions on mine would be greatly appreciated... GOOD LUCK ALL :D

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 15:57:34

Here's my WIP for my shirt lol

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 16:07:18

Here is a WIP of my piece. I'm going to be entering into the Open category.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 16:26:51

At 7/6/17 03:54 PM, LiamSmith wrote: Finished Design... I decided to go with the grey shirt in the end because the green clashed too much.. I'm gonna enter beginner cause I'm 13... everyone's art looks great... opinions on mine would be greatly appreciated... GOOD LUCK ALL :D

I lied lol, this is not the finished piece, I'm gonna make a few tweaks first (need to make some of the writing clearer and some other things). Also the quality is pretty bad on this photo for some reason it's blurry... the ACTUAL finished piece will be clear

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 16:28:37

here's one of my ideas.. i wanted to make jazza's persona in his graffiti style, digital style, and traditionally with a pencil. so this is it so far, any criticism?

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 22:05:51

My WIP of the COTM can't wait to finish

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-06 22:33:04

this is a very, very, VERY rough WIP. The concept is like a choose your class like in fantasy games.A knight will represent a painter, a rogue will be the sketcher, and a wizard will be a digitalist. Side note is digitalist the proper term for people who draw with tablets? Also each 'class' will be drawn with their specific class, painter- paint tool, sketcher- pencil, etc.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 02:36:22

Hey Jazza! Big fan of yours for a while now (On Newgrounds), but I've only been subscribed for about a year or so and I've always wanted to join the challenge of the month but I've never ever been good at making art (though I've tried to improve thanks to your videos)

I think this COTM is where I want to start joining but I just have a few questions.
1. The shirt designs I plan to submit are honestly just some things that I've put together with photoshop, not much in terms of actual drawing things from scratch and what not but they did take a lot of time and passion to make. Are these still allowed? (P.S. the pictures I put together were open to free use so no copyright problems)

2. The designs are artistic, but my medium of art is dancing (Modern dance). So the designs are for shirts that a dancer would wear. Can these still be considered under the art that you mean or are you specifically asking for pen-paper-paint-etc sort of art?

I would love to hear back from you because I'm excited to join but I'm just not sure if I can XD
Much love,
Chester (Philippines)

Heyyy, I have finally finished my first design (for real this time) , opinions would be greatly appreciated... I entered beginner because I'm 13 years old... Hope you like :D
..ALSO, WOULD YOU WEAR IT??

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 05:05:27

I think this is the one I'm going to submit when It's complete.

Working on making the lettering fit.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 05:51:16

work in progress. lines cleaned up and and parts all together,

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 07:34:23

At 7/7/17 05:05 AM, TheArtOfStevenG wrote: I think this is the one I'm going to submit when It's complete.

Working on making the lettering fit.

It's an interesting idea! Really want to see the result :)

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 07:37:40

At 7/7/17 05:51 AM, nytrogen1 wrote: work in progress. lines cleaned up and and parts all together,

It's a great idea with Pikachu. Everybody loves Pikachu. Waiting for the results :)

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 07:41:50

My first ever entry in one of Jazza's comps, this is my W.I.P.
It's going to be The Joker that Jazza drew in one of his drawing characters videos :)

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 07:42:09

At 7/6/17 12:35 PM, RedLlamaSandwich wrote: going for an art war between traditional & digital.
just the initial layout so far ... any comments welcome

I like the idea of two warriors. There is an action in the picture, though it could be more dynamic (if intrested, write me a message, I'll try to explain what I mean).
Good luck with this work, can't wait to see the results :)

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 07:46:46

At 7/7/17 04:20 AM, LiamSmith wrote: Heyyy, I have finally finished my first design (for real this time) , opinions would be greatly appreciated... I entered beginner because I'm 13 years old... Hope you like :D
..ALSO, WOULD YOU WEAR IT??

Hello! :)
It's a cool design you've drawn. Like your style, reminds me of some artist.
Idk about wearing it. Maybe, if it wouldn't cost a lot or someone gifted it for me, I would wear it. But still, as a design by itself it looks nice. Keep the good work :)

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 07:53:17

At 7/7/17 07:41 AM, jameshendo56 wrote: My first ever entry in one of Jazza's comps, this is my W.I.P.
It's going to be The Joker that Jazza drew in one of his drawing characters videos :)

Hello! :)

Joker is an interesting idea, but it would be even better if you add something from yourself. I mean, it's not so cool if you just copy Jazza's drawing. Add something interesting to it. For example, you can change the colours to black and white and add some text. "Steal like an artist" ;)

Anyways, hoping you would enjoy the process of the creating the design and you will be happy with the results. Good luck! :)

Hello everybody! :)
So there's my entry. It would be really nice of you if you leave a critique or rate it. It means a lot.
There's a link to a submission: Nirvana of Art

Thank you! Good luck to everybody! ;)

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 08:02:20

At 7/6/17 10:33 PM, omega88x wrote: this is a very, very, VERY rough WIP. The concept is like a choose your class like in fantasy games.A knight will represent a painter, a rogue will be the sketcher, and a wizard will be a digitalist. Side note is digitalist the proper term for people who draw with tablets? Also each 'class' will be drawn with their specific class, painter- paint tool, sketcher- pencil, etc.

Hi!
Yo, it's a great idea, bro! Really like this as a gamer. An interesting thing: I draw sketches a lot, and in games I often play as a rogue ;D
Hope to see your final work soon :)
Good luck!

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 08:05:29

At 7/6/17 10:05 PM, Aimslee wrote: My WIP of the COTM can't wait to finish

Hi!
You have an interesting drawing, though it looks rough and pretty grey now. Well, it's just a sketch. I know you'll make a good print of it.
Good luck! :)

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 08:25:17

Secondary W.I.P
Rough idea of it is that the Joker, instead of getting his scars and crazy smile from his father, he draws it on himself.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 09:44:27

So hey this is my WIP!!! :D

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 12:09:38

What do you think of this design? i like it but i'm just not that sure about the 'Sleep'
any feedback?

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 13:35:24

Here's my WIP so far.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 13:40:10

Here is a draft of my first design. Hope you enjoy!

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 14:37:38

At 7/6/17 03:54 PM, LiamSmith wrote: Finished Design... I decided to go with the grey shirt in the end because the green clashed too much.. I'm gonna enter beginner cause I'm 13... everyone's art looks great... opinions on mine would be greatly appreciated... GOOD LUCK ALL :D

i like yours, it seems pretty funny. all i can say is i think red eyes for the thief looks a little weird and the flying guy's tie seems kind of stiff. other than that, all good!

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 20:28:31

A new WIP of my design. I have adjusted the layout slightly after seeing Jazza's shirt video and have made substantial progress on blocking out the colours.

What do you guys think.

July COTM:

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 21:18:51

At 7/7/17 08:28 PM, AJ-27 wrote: A new WIP of my design. I have adjusted the layout slightly after seeing Jazza's shirt video and have made substantial progress on blocking out the colours.

What do you guys think.

this is a very good design! i would actually wear a shirt with this design. good job and good luck :)
(also is posting a WIP optional or a must?)

Response to July COTM: "Arty Outfit" Comp! 2017-07-07 21:29:49

At 7/7/17 09:18 PM, Dlessccy wrote:
At 7/7/17 08:28 PM, AJ-27 wrote: A new WIP of my design. I have adjusted the layout slightly after seeing Jazza's shirt video and have made substantial progress on blocking out the colours.

What do you guys think.
this is a very good design! i would actually wear a shirt with this design. good job and good luck :)
(also is posting a WIP optional or a must?)

I don't think you need to post one here, but you must link to a WIP when you submit, to prove that it's your work.