00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ahmad117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friend sectioned in primary care

320 Views | 7 Replies

Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 12:57:59

I have a friend who was sexually abused when she was young and consequently developed relatively severe dissassociative identity disorder, commonly known as multiple personality disorder.

She's been medicated and on disability for it the entire time I've known her. I of course met her in a goth club nearly 10 years ago because, frankly, she's pretty hot.

So this girl, who lives off disability and is pretty much a prisoner of poverty, developed a sinus infection during a cold.

No big deal, right?

Well, it's a big deal if you've been labeled as mentally ill.

You see, when she went in, her sinus infection had spread to the rest of her face, and she needed antibiotics. However, she's allergic to many things, including some antibiotics. When she wrote out her drug allergies, the doctors... ignored them. Because after all, she's crazy, right? Probably just gaming the system, so of course they just give her the standard drugs regardless of what she says, right?

So she has a severe allergic reaction to the contraindicated sulfa-antibiotics, and her whole face swells up and begins oozing like Darkman.

Let me repeat this is a very, very pretty girl, whose entire face has been rendered oozing zombie meat.

Of course, she's quite angry at this, as any reasonable person would be. So she starts demanding care that doesn't actively make her infection worse....

And gets forcibly sedated and locked up in the psych ward with the violently mentally ill, many of whom are convicted criminals. Her access to her own possessions was restricted, and she was not allowed to contact the outside world for several days, even as her infection got even worse.

Did they lock her up so she couldn't reveal the worst period of her reaction to their malpractice, and to lay the foundation for discrediting her claims in case of a lawsuit? I believe "DUH!" is the obvious response.

FACT: When doctors don't like you and want to force you to their will, they use mental health diagnosis against you to force your compliance. They do this every day, all day, to everyone.

No doctor that wants to document your mental illness is on your side.

I'd release her name and some of the pictures, but I want to protect her identity as she really is a friend of mine and I don't want to make things worse for her.

And yes, back in the day before Harley Quinn came out in Suicide Squad, she had the original domino style Harely Quinn jester's tights, and it was a crazy stupid hot cosplay she used to do at Midsouth Con.

But hey, I'm paranoid for no reason, right?

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 15:06:26

At 6/27/17 02:39 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: I'm becoming convinced that everything you post here about your life is an elaborate fantasy.

I'm convinced one of his personalities is that of the crazy girl in his story.

Response to Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 15:23:17

At 6/27/17 02:39 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: I'm becoming convinced that everything you post here about your life is an elaborate fantasy.

I know, I know, "Pics or it didn't happen."

But there ARE pics, they're just not mine and I don't think she'd appreciate having oozy baloney face pics randomly passed around the internet.

At 6/27/17 03:06 PM, Loki wrote:
I'm convinced one of his personalities is that of the crazy girl in his story.

I'd be way cooler if this were true. Freaky chicks love banging trannys.

BBS Signature

Response to Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 17:11:33

If you have documentation of this by way of pictures, then you can hand those over to any attorney. The vast majority of them would be actively masturbating as they think of the size of the lawsuit they have on their hands, and the fact that they have you as a witness.

Response to Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 17:38:51

At 6/27/17 05:11 PM, thenoodge wrote: If you have documentation of this by way of pictures, then you can hand those over to any attorney. The vast majority of them would be actively masturbating as they think of the size of the lawsuit they have on their hands, and the fact that they have you as a witness.

And this would be true, if they hadn't taken the pre-emptive step of having her declared mentally ill and stripped of her own power of attorney.

Which is exactly why they do this to people.

Keep in mind since she's disabled, and these are Medicaid providers. The courts aren't going to turn on a doctor over some crazy girl with no money. That's not how capitalizm works. If you can't afford your own care, you don't get a lot of options to complain about it's quality. The government has enough trouble getting doctors to see Medicaid patients as it is; they're not going to do anything that would reduce those numbers.

BBS Signature

Response to Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 17:52:21

The way so much of this country handles mental illness (or lack thereof) is pretty fucking backwards

Response to Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 20:15:03

At 6/27/17 05:38 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Keep in mind since she's disabled, and these are Medicaid providers. The courts aren't going to turn on a doctor over some crazy girl with no money.

what about a GoFundMe account to help pay for a lawyer?

BBS Signature

Response to Friend sectioned in primary care 2017-06-27 20:57:28

At 6/27/17 08:15 PM, S3C wrote:
At 6/27/17 05:38 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Keep in mind since she's disabled, and these are Medicaid providers. The courts aren't going to turn on a doctor over some crazy girl with no money.
what about a GoFundMe account to help pay for a lawyer?

I don't think you understand how this works.

The board that certifies the doctor isn't going to hold the doctor accountable if there's a doctor shortage, especially for a medicaid recipient who is getting free care.

When you're the "free care" doctor, if you give shitty care, the government is just happy you're giving care at all.

Not every state is New York or California. She's currently in Florida, BTW.

Let me say this one more time:

The courts have a vest interest in NOT seeing these doctors held accountable. Trying to sue your doctor for malpractice is like trying to have a cop prosecuted.

BBS Signature