00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your criticism of this game?

324 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your criticism of this game? 2017-06-24 18:49:41

Hello. Here is a puzzle game that I have been working hard on for months. However, I still get negative feedback for it but none of the negative feedback is helpful to me. I would like to see your constructive criticism so I can know how I can improve this game.

Response to Your criticism of this game? 2017-06-26 21:37:10

At 6/24/17 06:49 PM, garylu1999 wrote: Hello. Here is a puzzle game that I have been working hard on for months. However, I still get negative feedback for it but none of the negative feedback is helpful to me. I would like to see your constructive criticism so I can know how I can improve this game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/695458

Unfortunately, I can't play it, since it requires the Flash player - and I will not install the Flash player (it's the only software that crashes my machine). What a shame.

Flash is dying out for games, so my constructive criticism would be to develop/publish your next game without the need for the Flash player to be installed.

Response to Your criticism of this game? 2017-07-02 14:57:46

I thought the game was generally well made. The design of the puzzles was interesting. I like that there are very small changes found in the puzzles, while not completely changing the game completely, do add some variety.

I do find the game to be a little on the challenging side. Particularly in the early stages. Maybe design the earlier puzzles in a way that makes them quickly solvable. Move forward quickly in the beginning, and challenge the player more later on.

The biggest area of potential improvement is in the presentation. Work on a theme to wrap the game's visuals around. People tend to be critical of games that do not look good. And people will overlook a lot of things when your game looks great. That could be a source of the criticisms that you hear.

And maybe rethinking the select selection. I find it a little confusing. I'm not sure why it is a wedge shape. Look at how other puzzle games structure there progression. Games like Snipperclips or Three's.

BBS Signature