00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hi,

From a few months ago I have stopped earning from Newgrounds, but my game continues to have gameplays.
-The game is already a few years old, is there a time limit?
-I need to active something or change anyting.

This are my Revenue Stats this year. (only 1 line)
Source - Ad Impressions - eCPM - Total Earnings - Your Share
Flash Portal Ads - 9,667 - $0.01 - $0.10 - $0.10

-Why I don't have any "Pre-roll Ads"? (I have it other years)
-Why eCPM is 0.01? (my "all time" eCPM is 0.14)

I have tried to look for some information in google, but I do not see anything or I do not look for the right one.

Thank you.

Response to Revenue stopped 2017-05-22 10:56:08

At 5/22/17 04:17 AM, NewProject wrote: Hi,

From a few months ago I have stopped earning from Newgrounds, but my game continues to have gameplays.

I have tried to look for some information in google, but I do not see anything or I do not look for the right one.

We haven't been running any pre-roll ads in front of content for over a year now, so that stat will be flat. The remaining rev share ads have been reporting really low numbers, it's largely performance-based and can get views without any revenue being reported back by CPMStar.

Our long-term goal is to build a new rev-share system that brings in total site revenue, namely supporter revenue in the mix but currently supporter revenue doesn't cover the gap between ad revenue and our base monthly expenses. If we can keep the numbers growing, we'll eventually get there - just a matter of how quickly we can do that.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Revenue stopped 2017-06-10 04:26:38

At 5/22/17 10:56 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/22/17 04:17 AM, NewProject wrote: Hi,

We haven't been running any pre-roll ads in front of content for over a year now, so that stat will be flat. The remaining rev share ads have been reporting really low numbers, it's largely performance-based and can get views without any revenue being reported back by CPMStar.

Our long-term goal is to build a new rev-share system that brings in total site revenue, namely supporter revenue in the mix but currently supporter revenue doesn't cover the gap between ad revenue and our base monthly expenses. If we can keep the numbers growing, we'll eventually get there - just a matter of how quickly we can do that.

I am new to Newgrounds and have just joined because of the Construct3 Game Jam. So far I have uploaded 3 games. I have signed up for Revenue ads sharing. However, I am also getting zero stats for Revenue. I am not using any newgrounds API in my games. They are built with Construct2 and Construct3. Does that mean that I can only get page ads revenue? But why is Revenue zero stats? Do I need to be a supporter of newgrounds before I can get revenue? Or, is monetization for Newgrounds temporarily unavailable because there is not enough supporters to cover the costs? Sorry, for the many questions. But thanks Tom, for creating Newgrounds for game devs to share their games .

Response to Revenue stopped 2017-06-10 15:14:17

At 6/10/17 04:26 AM, coder22 wrote: I am new to Newgrounds and have just joined because of the Construct3 Game Jam. So far I have uploaded 3 games. I have signed up for Revenue ads sharing. However, I am also getting zero stats for Revenue. I am not using any newgrounds API in my games. They are built with Construct2 and Construct3. Does that mean that I can only get page ads revenue? But why is Revenue zero stats? Do I need to be a supporter of newgrounds before I can get revenue? Or, is monetization for Newgrounds temporarily unavailable because there is not enough supporters to cover the costs? Sorry, for the many questions. But thanks Tom, for creating Newgrounds for game devs to share their games .

Ad revenue is really low nowadays and largely performance-based. CPMStar only reports earnings if they track any on a particular submission, so it can take a good amount of traffic to start seeing results. In an ideal future we'll be bringing in more revenue from supporters and will funnel that into a new rev-share system - I don't expect display ad revenue to improve at this point. From what I can tell in the stats, 75% of visitors are running adblock as well.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature