00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinion On Today's "Rappers".

1,266 Views | 18 Replies

Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 02:01:44

I feel so discouraged to listen to today's "rap" and "hip-hop" because of these mumbling rappers like Kodak Black, Migos, or Lil Yatchy ALL that I've never really heard or paid attention to in the past years and more of these talentless musicians believe that they're better than the previous generation of rap. (Lil Yatchy publically stated that Drake is better than Tupac or Biggie,Kodak Black mentioned last year that he's better than Tupac and Biggie) Newer generations aren't ever gonna know what actual rap was back then when there was Eazy-E, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre. I'm not saying that I don't like new generation rap it's just its that most of these new mainstream shitty "rappers" like I mentioned earlier are ruining rap as a whole.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 02:53:11

they're all shit and the government's corrupt. PolitikZ is the real underground nignag; got the sickest rhymes brotha. Supa hot fiah is 2 mainstream now.

Also this
Bomfunk MC's - Uprocking Beats

Look at that T-flo totally wreckin that Bomfunk mofo in the second battle. The video is rigged af yo. Your OG hip hop ain't too gud either my friend.

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 03:54:30

They're pretty much all lames

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 05:51:09

Modern rap has been more of an acquired taste for me. My biggest con was that a lot of rappers have this sort of whiney tone in their voice. For maybe the past year, I've been listening to more modern rap, and have since grown more open-minded about it. Even then, I still think that half the modern rappers I may listen to on soundcloud/spotify can sound like shit though.

k

At 5/15/17 10:58 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: Rap was always shit...

Evidence? Or are you just trying to act cool on this forum post, but yet don't even listen to rap at all?

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 13:46:28

At 5/15/17 12:48 PM, LuWolf wrote:
Evidence? Or are you just trying to act cool on this forum post, but yet don't even listen to rap at all?

Rapping (or rhyming, spitting,[1] emceeing,[2] MCing,[2] )[3] is a musical form of vocal delivery that incorporates "rhyme, rhythmic speech, and street vernacular,"[4] which is performed or chanted in a variety of ways, usually over a backbeat or musical accompaniment.[4] The components of rap include "content" (what is being said), "flow" (rhythm, rhyme), and "delivery" (cadence, tone).[5] Rap differs from spoken-word poetry in that rap is usually performed in time to an instrumental track.[6] Rap is often associated with, and is a primary ingredient of hip-hop music, but the origins of the phenomenon predate hip-hop culture.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 14:21:03

Hip hop for me is the least favorite in my listening if anything I'm more for oldschool hip hop with all the sample based turntablism. There are good modern hip hop music like Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Death Grips, Run With Jewels, and Nujabes. So far that's how I've been with hip hop and I'm more open for modern ones I just can't help to get into hip hop with such ego and repetitiveness

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 14:51:45

At 5/15/17 01:28 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
At 5/15/17 12:48 PM, LuWolf wrote:
Question why would I listen to something I personally find shit?
Also It isn't exactly difficult to find supporting evidence...
https://youtu.be/KjieHDgoJsE

The media never really publicized these types of people though, and that's part of my opinion that I'm trying to make, now the media loves these shitty rappers and completely dismisses the good, underground rappers (Ab Soul, Logic, and Hopsin) they're barely becoming relevant or became relevant and are being dismissed nowadays.

Take for example the NG scouting process, either good artists get dismissed and bad, shitty artists get noticed its fucking up the community entirely.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 14:58:56

At 5/15/17 01:34 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 5/15/17 02:01 AM, LuWolf wrote: (Lil Yatchy publically stated that Drake is better than Tupac or Biggie,Kodak Black mentioned last year that he's better than Tupac and Biggie)
tupac's reign: 1991-1996 (2pacalypse - 7 day theory) or 5 years
biggie's reign: 1994-1997 (RTD - LAD) or 3 years

drake's reign: 2007 - now (comeback season - present) or 10 years

bigger than both put together; lil yachty didn't lie

Your opinion is shit,stop shitposting on good threads. FYI Drake is a pussy ass rapper anyways he make a good diss track like this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 15:20:47

He can't make*

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 15:56:14

At 5/15/17 03:30 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 5/15/17 02:58 PM, LuWolf wrote: Your opinion is shit,stop shitposting on good threads. FYI Drake is a pussy ass rapper anyways he make a good diss track like this one.
lmao dj quik

you could've picked soulja slim or literally anyone from the south but you picked a guy who went to prison for pistol whipping his own sister and got his own artist killed (mausberg) because he was a fake banger who couldn't pay for him to move out of the hood

drake on degrassi > dj quik

Stop fucking changing the subject you filthy, fucking peasant as I said earlier get the fuck off this thread, and shitpost somewhere else where you're needed cause you're not needed here.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-15 16:17:13

At 5/15/17 02:01 AM, LuWolf wrote: I feel so discouraged to listen to today's "rap" and "hip-hop" because of these mumbling rappers like Kodak Black, Migos, or Lil Yatchy ALL that I've never really heard or paid attention to in the past years and more of these talentless musicians believe that they're better than the previous generation of rap. (Lil Yatchy publically stated that Drake is better than Tupac or Biggie,Kodak Black mentioned last year that he's better than Tupac and Biggie) Newer generations aren't ever gonna know what actual rap was back then when there was Eazy-E, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre. I'm not saying that I don't like new generation rap it's just its that most of these new mainstream shitty "rappers" like I mentioned earlier are ruining rap as a whole.

You'll have that with any genre though. For example listen to rock from the 90's compared to now..it's so sterile. There are few artists out there making artistic statements and tons of "performers" sacrificing integrity in search for $$$.

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-16 03:11:15

The problem is that the genre isn't evolving, not big advances have been made during the last 10 years in rap, it'll play out over the next 20 years much the same as heavy metal is playing out now.

BBS Signature

You're another one of those "I was born in the wrong generation" kids aren't you? It's okay to say today's music is shit, but you can't just claim what is real rap and what is not, you're trying to make your opinion absolute, which is not going to happen. You gotta understand people have different taste. Liking old music and hating today's does not make you look cool or sophisticated.

You're most likely an atheist who has shitty grades and you claim you're just smarter in a different way.

You're also clearly insecure about yourself since you have to state how you have good taste in music, no one gives a shit, having good taste in music is subjective. I'm not saying you are, but if you think there is no good rap music today, then you're clearly a lazy dipshit who does not even put effort in trying to find good music. If you try to find good rap music, then you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcmylxQ0ma4

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-16 05:16:33

Well, they're no Sugarhill Gang...

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-16 05:37:48

The "today's rappers" are just the top mainstream ones. If you actually look and search you will find plenty of really good ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-16 05:59:23

Teamsesh is also pretty good.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

At 5/16/17 03:34 AM, OneStep wrote: You're another one of those "I was born in the wrong generation" kids aren't you? It's okay to say today's music is shit, but you can't just claim what is real rap and what is not, you're trying to make your opinion absolute, which is not going to happen. You gotta understand people have different taste. Liking old music and hating today's does not make you look cool or sophisticated.

You're most likely an atheist who has shitty grades and you claim you're just smarter in a different way.

You're also clearly insecure about yourself since you have to state how you have good taste in music, no one gives a shit, having good taste in music is subjective. I'm not saying you are, but if you think there is no good rap music today, then you're clearly a lazy dipshit who does not even put effort in trying to find good music. If you try to find good rap music, then you will.

Listen, I am clearly stating that these mumble "rappers" are horrible I'm not saying that ALL rap is horrible but these mumble "rappers" are starting to make it horrible. I enjoy most of modern rap. I listen to Logic, Kendrick Lamar (ever since BDKMV), and A$AP Rocky I'm just sick and tired of the media and radio pubicizing the mumble "rappers", they're shit and have no talent.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion On Today's "Rappers". 2017-05-16 16:52:25

even though rap lyrics have gone to shit now i still listen to guys like Fredo Santana, Migos (i prefer Quavo),Rick Ross, Bobby Shmurda e.t.c because they have good beats but their lyrics tend to be sexist or violent