00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

May COTM: LEVEL CAP!

79,993 Views | 1,133 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 03:41:35

Started with grayscale and now need to refine- I'm thinking it's going to be a mostly greyscale piece- maybe a bit of purples, yellows and blues.... We'll see... Do you think I have a good enough balance?

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 04:27:54

My final product. Which category do you think I should enter? I'm 14 years old and have been doing digital art since 12, but hasn't really gone deep to it until last year.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 04:31:04

At 5/11/17 04:27 AM, tigerblu wrote: My final product. Which category do you think I should enter? I'm 14 years old and have been doing digital art since 12, but hasn't really gone deep to it until last year.

Wonderful ^_^, keep up the great work. You have a lot of talent and you will be here jazza is now if you keep it up.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 04:37:27

I am not sure how I feel about the wings or not and was hoping to get some opinions. My husband says no to the wings, but I feel it needs something. How do you feel? Wings or no wings?

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 04:38:31

At 5/11/17 04:31 AM, Zethma wrote:
At 5/11/17 04:27 AM, tigerblu wrote: My final product. Which category do you think I should enter? I'm 14 years old and have been doing digital art since 12, but hasn't really gone deep to it until last year.
Wonderful ^_^, keep up the great work. You have a lot of talent and you will be here jazza is now if you keep it up.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I still have a long way to go to be as good as Jazza though

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 04:40:23

At 5/11/17 04:37 AM, MeganRhoden wrote: I am not sure how I feel about the wings or not and was hoping to get some opinions. My husband says no to the wings, but I feel it needs something. How do you feel? Wings or no wings?

I'd say wings! By the way, your piece looks amazing!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 04:57:36

At 5/11/17 04:37 AM, MeganRhoden wrote: I am not sure how I feel about the wings or not and was hoping to get some opinions. My husband says no to the wings, but I feel it needs something. How do you feel? Wings or no wings?

I'd lean towards no wings but that's just my opinion ^^

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 05:22:19

This looks fantastic! Given your skill level I would say to enter the open category but up to you of course. :) Great work!

Very nice indeed. The wings add a nice touch but I would suggest moving the back one slightly forward on the body to keep the perspective correct (currently seems to be attached to the back leg rather than closer to the front as with the nearest one). Looking forward to the completed piece!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 07:24:00

Sorry if the picture is sideways just, adjust where you're seeing this from.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 07:29:55

Glad I finally made it ! My piece ended up way better than excepected ^^ What do you think guys ?

Also, if you're willing to give a little help, I would like anyone who's english-fluent to help me a bit: I wrote an article about my work to train my english, but I'm not sure I corrected all the mistakes... If anyone have some spare time, please go check it :
https://csiyamka.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/lets-draw-with-jazza-2-level-cap/

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 11:41:28

At 5/11/17 05:22 AM, B-astion wrote:
This looks fantastic! Given your skill level I would say to enter the open category but up to you of course. :) Great work!

Very nice indeed. The wings add a nice touch but I would suggest moving the back one slightly forward on the body to keep the perspective correct (currently seems to be attached to the back leg rather than closer to the front as with the nearest one). Looking forward to the completed piece!

Thank you. Yeah I sort of just stuck them there for now. If I keep them I may add some more details to them so they are so plain and also make them a bit bigger. I appreciate the feedback!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 14:29:58

Yeah I decided to go with a new sketch. It's coming along pretty well, but I wanted pascal to be larger and more epic. I like the idea of dragon like aspects. I may give him wings. I am still currently coloring everything and adding depth and details. Thank you :)

No problem, and that looks really awesome, I can't wait to see it finished! :)

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 15:00:14

okay, i've got a clear picture of what i want this piece to look like! so asterix wil be surrended by an army of romans and powering up with his magic potion while obelix is making the romans fly in the background. still have a lot of work to do on the coloring but it's finally all coming together!
any opinions on the layout? :)

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 15:20:11 (edited 2017-05-11 15:20:36)

At 5/11/17 03:00 PM, Eurns wrote: okay, i've got a clear picture of what i want this piece to look like! so asterix wil be surrended by an army of romans and powering up with his magic potion while obelix is making the romans fly in the background. still have a lot of work to do on the coloring but it's finally all coming together!
any opinions on the layout? :)

Really good idea - giving him a reason to drink the potion really increases depth of the drawing! ^^

Best of luck, so far You're doing a really great job for one of the best comic characters ever to be created :P

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 16:18:21

this is my halfway through picture of my entry to the challenge of the month!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 16:43:11

Doing Brook from One Piece :p Im gonna try to not to do outlines for the patterns on his clothes and its the first time im trying something like this, most of the "lvl99" bit of him that i will make look better will only be colour :D I don't think Brook in the future, at his peak power, would have all sorts of cool triple neck guitars and stuff, but he would rather be more stylish or clean. Any feedback appreciated! :)

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 17:12:08

At 5/11/17 03:20 PM, Ribalt wrote:

Really good idea - giving him a reason to drink the potion really increases depth of the drawing! ^^

Best of luck, so far You're doing a really great job for one of the best comic characters ever to be created :P

thax a lot! nice to see another fan of this little guy :P this was my childhood basically

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 17:25:31

At 5/11/17 05:12 PM, Eurns wrote:
thax a lot! nice to see another fan of this little guy :P this was my childhood basically

No prob! Ahaha, yep, I still remember all of that time spent with Asterix n' Obelix comic books and VHS's, needless to say that it was amazing :D

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 17:54:39 (edited 2017-05-11 17:56:43)

I love the colors, so well done ther. The Lich needs some outlines or definition. It kinda looks like a semi-defined blob. The background could use some defined shapes, using some of the same colors. Your characters are well done and drawn. I suggest some shading where needed, shift the shade toward cooler colors to make it look right.

Thank You!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 18:39:18

Welp, they're the candy couple.
70% done

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 18:54:42

Open! Your drawing looks really good!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 20:13:55

Still clueless of what to do for the LVL 99 COTM? Don´t sweat yourself.
There´s still enough time to do an entry.

Here are some well-known people/characters/meta-jokes/memes:
- Jeff Goldblum
- Grumpy Cat
- Glass Joe
- Robbie Rotten
- Starlord
- Paul Ryan (Not that one.)
- Ethan Klein
- Rocko´s modern life
- Darkwing Duck
- the entire 4th wall

Good luck. :)

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-11 22:48:41 (edited 2017-05-11 22:54:53)

I am not done with Blossom yet but I thought I should share my WIP with her! I still need to fix some minor issues. I also need to add lighting and gradients and, of course, her feet. I still have a lot more to do but here is my progress so far! Criticism and comments are appreciated.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-12 00:23:29

Open for sure

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-12 00:24:31

I like the wings

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-12 00:32:18

At 5/11/17 07:29 AM, CSiyam-Ka wrote: Also, if you're willing to give a little help, I would like anyone who's english-fluent to help me a bit: I wrote an article about my work to train my english, but I'm not sure I corrected all the mistakes... If anyone have some spare time, please go check it :
https://csiyamka.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/lets-draw-with-jazza-2-level-cap/

Other than a couple minor spelling mistakes like quickly being spelled quickely it was good

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-12 00:48:42

Super slow progress spending about 6-10hrs a day xD just a bunch of stuff to figure out. but its fun regardless.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-12 01:01:12

Heya! So I'm new here, and this is my first COTM, haha. I had a bit of difficulty picking a subject matter for my piece - Is Undertale a popular enough game to qualify? ;P The maxed-out character is supposed to be Sans the Skeleton, based on his fight in the Genocide Route. I haven't done the lines for him yet, so he's not in this particular screenshot.

Here's my cleanest WIP screenshot. DRAWING SKELETONS IS SO HARD, YOU GUYS. @__@

This is just the lining I've completed so far. There's quite a bit more to this piece, but I've hidden the rough sketch I've been doing the lines on top of 'cause with the rough sketch visible it's much more confusing to look at. Sans is going to end up in there eventually of course, and some background details. Then I just have to finesse the line art and I can start on colour and shading/highlighting. I'm planning on experimenting quite a bit with colour and lighting, so between this and drawing the skeletal body of the Gaster Blaster (the dragony beast. Normally in-game they show up as disembodied heads, for anyone unfamiliar with Undertale) this is turning out to be quite a learning experience! XD

For anyone who's curious, I've been referencing the skeletal structures of cats and dogs to do the body of the Gaster Blaster. :)

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-12 01:41:07

At 5/12/17 01:01 AM, CassandraLC wrote: Heya! So I'm new here, and this is my first COTM, haha. I had a bit of difficulty picking a subject matter for my piece

good work!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-12 01:54:21

At 5/12/17 01:41 AM, Phoenixfiore wrote:
At 5/12/17 01:01 AM, CassandraLC wrote: Heya! So I'm new here, and this is my first COTM, haha. I had a bit of difficulty picking a subject matter for my piece
good work!

Thanks! :D