00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ReneePrower just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

God must hate my rival

319 Views | 7 Replies

God must hate my rival 2017-04-27 16:08:19

As I stand here on this podium, receiving this beautiful golden trophy, I just can't help but think about what brought me here.

Clearly, God must hate my enemies.

Now, I'm not a religious man, in fact, quite the opposite. I've been happily agnostic for as long as I remember. I honestly have no relationship to any religion. I'm a bit of a blank slate, and I certainly didn't train harder or have more talent than my competition. In fact, right until I won, I'd have been happy to admit defeat at the hands of my superior.

But it seems no matter how mediocre my performance was, God was taking a hot steaming shit on the other team.

The fuck did you guys do, rape a baby? Skin a living kitten? Jack off on the Bible while using a crucifix as an anal plug?

I mean, I've never so much as darkened the door of a church, and they had us outclassed in every category. They had better strategy, better athleticism, better team unity, and greater moral authority. Mentally I was prepared for a well deserved spanking, grateful I had made it this far into the tournament.

God just really had it in for those poor sons of bitches. You name it, it went wrong for those guys. If anything confirms my decision to abstain from spirituality, the operation of a malign deity as displayed on the field today totally justifies my disassociation from organized belief systems. I really can't see how anyone can serve such a vicious and spiteful God that would snatch victory out of the hands of such a deserving competitor.

Yet here I am, the winner, holding this trophy above your heads through almost no effort on my own part.

It's really fucked up, honestly.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to God must hate my rival 2017-04-27 16:13:38

You won the game of fail
Good job

Response to God must hate my rival 2017-04-27 16:16:55

Hate is the only way if you're gay

Response to God must hate my rival 2017-04-27 17:39:36

At 4/27/17 04:16 PM, Makakaov wrote: Hate is the only way if you're gay

Also if you're not gay. Kind of like how the earth is round.

BBS Signature

Response to God must hate my rival 2017-04-27 18:02:37 (edited 2017-04-27 18:10:04)

I've seen stuff like that before.

Although I am fairly atheistic, I do the more roman approach to religion.

to them the gods weren't things you worshiped or relied on at all; infact doing so was seen as fool hardy as asking for Homeric style tragedy.

Instead they where much more just things you respected; you would recognize their power, but not particularly love, devote yourself to them, as if they where forces of nature. If they helped you, fine, but if not so what.

It's much different then the modern faith vs edgy angst atheist narrative. It just feels much more natural to be also. It's not so much about belief, but recognizing there are forces and laws in this world we don't yet fully understand; about not being arrogant.

Response to God must hate my rival 2017-04-27 19:46:46

At 4/27/17 06:02 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I've seen stuff like that before.

Although I am fairly atheistic, I do the more roman approach to religion.

to them the gods weren't things you worshiped or relied on at all; infact doing so was seen as fool hardy as asking for Homeric style tragedy.

Instead they where much more just things you respected; you would recognize their power, but not particularly love, devote yourself to them, as if they where forces of nature. If they helped you, fine, but if not so what.

It's much different then the modern faith vs edgy angst atheist narrative. It just feels much more natural to be also. It's not so much about belief, but recognizing there are forces and laws in this world we don't yet fully understand; about not being arrogant.

Cultic belief seems to be more of an engineering mindset than a religious mindset, especially in polytheistic belief systems.

Dionysus is a perfect example of this. If you follow cultic ritual of cultivating, harvesting, and fermenting wine, you will be blessed with the ability to have wild drunken orgies which, if you take too far, may leave you insane and sick.

It had nothing to do with an afterlife: that was Hades department. It was very limited in scope, but those who followed it gained a certain list of abilities those who didn't didn't have.

If you followed Dionysus's rituals, you got to have wine. If you didn't, you drank water and hoped like hell you didn't get dysentery.

Nobody knew WHY mixing vinegar or wine with water made it pure, they just knew that people who did didn't get sick whenever they followed the ritual of drinking watered wine. It was faith based, but for the practical reason of lacking the tools to investigate the action of the God, as opposed to some sort of unquestioning loyalty and obedience.

Gods don't care about those who are not their servants in this view. Don't follow Dionysus, don't worry about madness from drinking too much.

It's funny how much montheistic abrahamic faiths bash polytheism, but honestly polytheistic faiths have a way better attitude towards the institution of religion and the position of ultimate authority as compared to the autonomy of the individual.

BBS Signature

Response to God must hate my rival 2017-04-28 04:11:32

At 4/27/17 04:08 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: As I stand here on this podium, receiving this beautiful golden trophy, I just can't help but think about what brought me here.

I forget, but the Big-G is pretty on board with golden idols, right?

Response to God must hate my rival 2017-04-28 10:41:51

At 4/28/17 04:11 AM, axehandle-stain wrote:
At 4/27/17 04:08 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: As I stand here on this podium, receiving this beautiful golden trophy, I just can't help but think about what brought me here.
I forget, but the Big-G is pretty on board with golden idols, right?

He was pretty chill with bronze serpents, and this trophy is just gold leaf over bronze.

BBS Signature