00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Whraen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Finding a really old Portal video

353 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Finding a really old Portal video 2017-03-31 12:11:02

I submitted a video to the NG Portal in what must have been 1999 or 2000, and was probably one of the first 300 (?) or so ever submitted, and I was wondering if it might still exist somewhere on this site, or in some low level archives, or something.

It was a complete and total ripoff of a video entitled "Hate" where a bunch of cute teddy bears were being killed, I think by a spaceship. I don't know what it was called and I don't know if I'd want to reveal my name to be attached with whatever shit I came up with as a 12-year-old, but I wasn't able to find it just looking around the Portal and I'm guessing at some point they instituted some spring cleaning for old shitty content with no metadata. I'm just wondering if there's some old raw archives I could dumpster dive into and try to find this thing I made.

Response to Finding a really old Portal video 2017-03-31 14:16:52

At 3/31/17 12:11 PM, shnerblar wrote: I submitted a video to the NG Portal in what must have been 1999 or 2000, and was probably one of the first 300 (?) or so ever submitted, and I was wondering if it might still exist somewhere on this site, or in some low level archives, or something.

It was a complete and total ripoff of a video entitled "Hate" where a bunch of cute teddy bears were being killed, I think by a spaceship. I don't know what it was called and I don't know if I'd want to reveal my name to be attached with whatever shit I came up with as a 12-year-old, but I wasn't able to find it just looking around the Portal and I'm guessing at some point they instituted some spring cleaning for old shitty content with no metadata. I'm just wondering if there's some old raw archives I could dumpster dive into and try to find this thing I made.

Is this it?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Finding a really old Portal video 2017-03-31 18:50:58

Is this it?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/21

That's the video I ripped off, very shittily. And that was April 2000, so maybe mine would have been like May-Sep 2000? I dunno.

Response to Finding a really old Portal video 2017-03-31 23:04:13

At 3/31/17 06:50 PM, shnerblar wrote:
Is this it?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/21
That's the video I ripped off, very shittily. And that was April 2000, so maybe mine would have been like May-Sep 2000? I dunno.

You said you remembered your name, right? That would make finding out if your animation is still up much easier.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Finding a really old Portal video 2017-04-02 01:34:23

You said you remembered your name, right? That would make finding out if your animation is still up much easier.

I don't remember any nickname/username I used back then and I'm hesitant to give away my real name (if in fact that's the one I used back then) :)

Response to Finding a really old Portal video 2017-04-10 17:51:45

At 3/31/17 12:11 PM, shnerblar wrote: I submitted a video to the NG Portal in what must have been 1999 or 2000, and was probably one of the first 300 (?) or so ever submitted, and I was wondering if it might still exist somewhere on this site, or in some low level archives, or something.

If you used unlicensed commercial music it may have been removed, otherwise it's probably still around somewhere!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature