00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tips for starting Madness Animation

386 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

As the title says, I'm entirely new to madness animation. I've been wanting to animate madness for ages now, but it's such a hidden gem, and there's very few good guides out there, so I was hoping someone could give me a link to such guides. I don't need a few tips, I literally need EVERYTHING. How to make backgrounds, effects (blood spurts, gun flashes, bullets, etc.) layering, the whole shebang. I know it's an awful lot, but I was just curious.

Response to Tips for starting Madness Animation 2017-03-24 07:49:01

At 3/23/17 08:45 PM, TheTalonKing wrote: As the title says, I'm entirely new to madness animation. I've been wanting to animate madness for ages now, but it's such a hidden gem, and there's very few good guides out there, so I was hoping someone could give me a link to such guides. I don't need a few tips, I literally need EVERYTHING. How to make backgrounds, effects (blood spurts, gun flashes, bullets, etc.) layering, the whole shebang. I know it's an awful lot, but I was just curious.

Madness is a fairly easy style. You can either find some sprite sheets online for the characters, draw them yourself, or request them from an artist on newgrounds. Same goes with the backgrounds. Hope this helps.

Response to Tips for starting Madness Animation 2017-03-25 01:34:05

At 3/24/17 07:49 AM, UberOnion wrote:
At 3/23/17 08:45 PM, TheTalonKing wrote: As the title says, I'm entirely new to madness animation. I've been wanting to animate madness for ages now, but it's such a hidden gem, and there's very few good guides out there, so I was hoping someone could give me a link to such guides. I don't need a few tips, I literally need EVERYTHING. How to make backgrounds, effects (blood spurts, gun flashes, bullets, etc.) layering, the whole shebang. I know it's an awful lot, but I was just curious.
Madness is a fairly easy style. You can either find some sprite sheets online for the characters, draw them yourself, or request them from an artist on newgrounds. Same goes with the backgrounds. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the help. Any place you recommend to get sprites? I know about Neztech, or whatever it's called, but it's a bit dated. Maybe someone you know who is willing to make sprites? I'm sorry, I know I seem a bit helpless, but I've waiting ages to try this out, I just never got to it 'till now. Thanks again for the reply!

Response to Tips for starting Madness Animation 2017-03-25 10:56:54

At 3/25/17 01:34 AM, TheTalonKing wrote:
At 3/24/17 07:49 AM, UberOnion wrote:
Thank you for the help. Any place you recommend to get sprites? I know about Neztech, or whatever it's called, but it's a bit dated. Maybe someone you know who is willing to make sprites? I'm sorry, I know I seem a bit helpless, but I've waiting ages to try this out, I just never got to it 'till now. Thanks again for the reply!

You could just get them online. But if you want to customize them, go to the movie section on newgrounds, then go to the left and scroll down until you see the words "team up". There you can collab with like thousands of different artists willing to help.