00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Uncharted Series' Future?

663 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Uncharted Series' Future? 2017-03-08 03:05:09

So, as some of you might not know, Naughty Dog will be releasing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, a standalone expansion to the series, this Spring. But after that's all said and done, it doesn't seem likely that the Uncharted series will continue on.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/naughty-dog-says-more-uncharted-is-unlikely-but-not-out-of-the-realm-of-possibility-3451452

Do you guys think the series should continue on or do you think that Thief's End should be the end of the series?

I personally hope that they don't continue the series. I think four games is enough and it would be a shame for a fantastic series to be diluted by a fifth entry that isn't needed. Plus, the ending for Thief's End and hell, even the title, is pretty conclusive.

Also, I think if they make a fifth entry sometime in the future, it wouldn't be about Nathan Drake. The whole series revolves around him and his adventures, so I think another entry would be pushing the series over the edge a bit. It's great as it is, so I hope Naughty Dog leaves well enough alone.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Uncharted Series' Future? 2017-03-08 14:38:40

I thought it was over

Response to Uncharted Series' Future? 2017-03-11 13:08:06

Yeah, with any luck it won't have one. There's already five, soon to be six of these games and Naughty Dog would be so much better off working on new ideas instead, even the biggest Uncharted fans must have enough by now. I hope that once Last of Us 2 is over with they'll come out with a whole new IP.

They used to be in the habit of stating a whole new IP with each console generation, I'd like if they tried new ideas even more often than that.