00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low

936 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low 2017-03-06 05:38:45

I'm making an animation but Macro Media Flash 8 can't handle the file, it takes to mutch Memory. Because of this, it won't load scenes normally and I can't debug/test the movie.

Does anyone know how to allocate more memory to Flash? I think a setting/file is set to only 128mb but i can't find it.

The so called solutions below are not valid:
- set virtual memory paging in Windows (i'm using WInodws 10 btw)
- Increase my computers RAM (which is already 16gb lol)
- split your flash in two and pull them back together later when ur done (this is not a solution, this is a lame workarround)

Another threat solution says (this is probably another flash as i don't even have this folder):
Browse to your Adobe folder and follow this path:
~\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Common\First Run\ActionScript 3.0\jvm.ini
Open that and you should see "-Xmx128m" that stands for max of 128 megabytes, just turn it up to like, 512.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

At 3/6/17 05:38 AM, Mark741 wrote: ~\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Common\First Run\ActionScript 3.0\jvm.ini

That seems to be for version CS5.5. Maybe there's a similar file you can find in the Flash 8 installation directory, though?

I don't know any other ways than the ones you mentioned unfortunately. Splitting the file seems like the most viable workaround if there's no other way, though it can also help to just keep things in separate scenes/movie clicps, so everything's not loaded at once while you work with it. Also 'saving as' instead of just 'saving' gets rid of some overhead.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low 2017-03-06 09:25:24

At 3/6/17 07:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/17 05:38 AM, Mark741 wrote: ~\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Common\First Run\ActionScript 3.0\jvm.ini
That seems to be for version CS5.5. Maybe there's a similar file you can find in the Flash 8 installation directory, though?

I don't know any other ways than the ones you mentioned unfortunately. Splitting the file seems like the most viable workaround if there's no other way, though it can also help to just keep things in separate scenes/movie clicps, so everything's not loaded at once while you work with it. Also 'saving as' instead of just 'saving' gets rid of some overhead.

I did download Animate cc 2015, which has this jvm.ini. But its still out of memory when i had it set to 4096 mb. Strange thing is that it works all well on my computer at work...

Response to Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low 2017-03-06 10:26:30

At 3/6/17 09:25 AM, Mark741 wrote: I did download Animate cc 2015, which has this jvm.ini. But its still out of memory when i had it set to 4096 mb. Strange thing is that it works all well on my computer at work...

And you do have enough RAM otherwise? Virtual memory can help out, but RAM is still the most important part.

BBS Signature

Response to Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low 2017-03-06 10:45:20

At 3/6/17 10:26 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/17 09:25 AM, Mark741 wrote: I did download Animate cc 2015, which has this jvm.ini. But its still out of memory when i had it set to 4096 mb. Strange thing is that it works all well on my computer at work...
And you do have enough RAM otherwise? Virtual memory can help out, but RAM is still the most important part.

Yes, I have 16GB. Flash only takes arrounf 400MB in taskmanager when its struggleing opening my animation. I'll try it on Flash C6.

Response to Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low 2017-03-06 15:47:00

At 3/6/17 10:45 AM, Mark741 wrote: Yes, I have 16GB. Flash only takes arrounf 400MB in taskmanager when its struggleing opening my animation. I'll try it on Flash C6.

Woah, yeah, that should be more than enough! Hope it works better with that one then - settings file may be similar.

BBS Signature

Response to Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low 2017-03-07 07:19:39

At 3/6/17 03:47 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/17 10:45 AM, Mark741 wrote: Yes, I have 16GB. Flash only takes arrounf 400MB in taskmanager when its struggleing opening my animation. I'll try it on Flash C6.
Woah, yeah, that should be more than enough! Hope it works better with that one then - settings file may be similar.

I had difficult register problems with this flash so I did not succeed. ANYWAY, I'm now back in the office, and my work PC also gets this error. So I decided to create the rest of my animation in a seperate flash file (the work arround).

The only thing i'm a bit affraid of is when i'm done, and i attached the scenes of part2 to the original flash together, that the animation complains again.. but we will see :)

Response to Macro Media Flash 8 Memory low 2017-03-12 18:05:02

At 3/7/17 07:19 AM, Mark741 wrote: I had difficult register problems with this flash so I did not succeed. ANYWAY, I'm now back in the office, and my work PC also gets this error. So I decided to create the rest of my animation in a seperate flash file (the work arround).

The only thing i'm a bit affraid of is when i'm done, and i attached the scenes of part2 to the original flash together, that the animation complains again.. but we will see :)

Alright, hope it works out. :) If all else fails when you're trying to patch it all together, it's possible to actually keep the project in two or more files, and load certain resources externally. Hope you won't need to do that though! Gets complicated.

BBS Signature