00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The current Audio Portal situation

1,143 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Okay, so in the past few days, I've been scrolling through the 'Unscouted Artists' section of the Audio Portal searching for talent. I've found some really good artists tbh, but there are a suprisingly lot of stolen songs there. I'm repeatedly finding illegally uploaded Skrillex songs, MDK songs (Geometry Dash 2.1 came out recently) and a bunch of songs from video games like Pokemon and Undertale. Can't you simply READ THE RULES? Stealing other people's content is the worst possible crime on Newgrounds! Why can't people stop? And often people answer with a sentence like: "I uploaded it because nobody else had." Well, you can obviously listen to it on YouTube or SoundCloud so why do you have to upload it? "I uploaded it because it wasn't on NG and I want to use it in my Geometry Dash level." Rob and NG recently made a new system for custom songs in Geometry Dash. So you can't just do that. SO WHY DO YOU UPLOAD IT THEN??? Please just stop. Stop uploading copyrighted songs. Make a remix out of it. Make a cover out of it. But just FFS stop uploading copyrighted songs! Ehh. I hope you enjoyed reading this forum post what I wasted 15 minutes of my day on.

Response to The current Audio Portal situation 2017-02-11 16:45:14

no, mate, we don't have problem. it's YOU who have problems.

Fuck GD.

At 2/11/17 03:30 PM, ItzMaraDox wrote: Stuff

If they can't be bothered to read the rules, what chances do you think they'll read this post and it'll make the difference? Especially when you haven't followed the forum rules yourself about reporting the content, you made a thread...

If you find one, you report it and a mod will delete it. There is no problem.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1375322/105

BBS Signature

Response to The current Audio Portal situation 2017-02-13 12:44:20

At 2/11/17 03:30 PM, ItzMaraDox wrote: Okay, so in the past few days, I've been scrolling through the 'Unscouted Artists' section of the Audio Portal searching for talent. I've found some really good artists tbh, but there are a suprisingly lot of stolen songs there.

We're all very much aware of the problem. If you'd like to earn some whistle points, you can help out by flagging stolen submissions by clicking the flag icon at the top of the player on audio pages, and/or posting in the Audio Portal Cleanup topic @EvilRaccoon already linked. Please include links to the originals the tracks were stolen from, it makes it much quicker for audio moderators to verify the track is indeed stolen prior to removing it.

Response to The current Audio Portal situation 2017-02-14 05:06:26

I never browsed the Un-scouted artists. Did not know there is such a problem. Thanks. I will keep check only approved artists :)

BBS Signature