00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bishopdown just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My animations were banned?

1,739 Views | 32 Replies

My animations were banned? 2017-02-06 13:33:45

I made two animations for the first time, and submitted them on the site. After they were under review, it said they were both "blammed". There was nothing wrong with either of them, no misleading tags, no incorrect rating, nothing. The only thing I could think of is that they were low-quality, seeing as they were my first animations. Does anyone have any ideas why?

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-06 13:39:36

It also may be that there's some people on this site that just apparently love to to blam stuff...

I really don't know what to put on here.

At 2/6/17 01:33 PM, Daxxari wrote: Does anyone have any ideas why?

The movie being "blammed" means the community didn't think the animations where good enough to stay on this site. If the score is under a certain threshold after a set number of votes (don't know the exact values right now), it is removed from the portal automatically.

EDIT:
Movies are deleted if they fall below the listed score at the listed number of votes:

50 votes: 1.0
70 votes: 1.5
90 votes: 1.75

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-06 13:47:20

Just keep trying. It's the only way to get better.
And make sure you're not using any copyrighted music.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-06 13:55:32

At 2/6/17 01:33 PM, Daxxari wrote: I made two animations for the first time, and submitted them on the site. After they were under review, it said they were both "blammed". There was nothing wrong with either of them, no misleading tags, no incorrect rating, nothing. The only thing I could think of is that they were low-quality, seeing as they were my first animations. Does anyone have any ideas why?

You're thinking that your animations got removed by the moderation team, but that's not the case. Your movies got blammed, which means that your movies received a poor score by the user base. It's a different kind of removal than when something gets removed by a moderator.

When something gets blammed, it's because it's score was very poor. When something gets removed, it's because it broke one or more rules when it comes to submitting content.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-06 17:30:17

It got a low score. Keep trying dude.
If you need flash i can give you a code

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-06 17:56:58

All I can say is to try and take what went wrong, and make improvments on your next submission. Eventually you'll strike on something that works. and when you do, be sure to take note of it.

BBS Signature

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-06 18:18:47

At 2/6/17 01:33 PM, Daxxari wrote: After they were under review, it said they were both "blammed".

A 2017 animation got ... Blammed?

BBS Signature

Consider joining Clock Crew, they need your talent

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 00:37:51

keep trying, I will give you a 5 star on your next video

CHECK MY BLOG, PENIS HELECOPTER ATTACKS RUSSIAN SPEECH!!

PENIS-COPTER

BBS Signature

At 2/6/17 06:18 PM, CrunkOnASwag wrote:
At 2/6/17 01:33 PM, Daxxari wrote: After they were under review, it said they were both "blammed".
A 2017 animation got ... Blammed?

I already got 59 blams this year!
That means, by the end of the year I should accumulate about 566 blams! YES!

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 12:19:58

At 2/7/17 11:49 AM, Haggard wrote: I already got 59 blams this year!

Dude an animation is supposed to take a month at least. Are you implying that you make 2 a day?

No wonder you get blammed.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 13:32:59

At 2/7/17 12:19 PM, kehny wrote:
At 2/7/17 11:49 AM, Haggard wrote: I already got 59 blams this year!
Dude an animation is supposed to take a month at least. Are you implying that you make 2 a day?

No wonder you get blammed.

Um, what? I'm implying that I vote 0 or 1 on two movies that get blammed each day.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 14:10:02

At 2/6/17 01:33 PM, Daxxari wrote: I made two animations for the first time, and submitted them on the site. After they were under review, it said they were both "blammed". There was nothing wrong with either of them, no misleading tags, no incorrect rating, nothing. The only thing I could think of is that they were low-quality, seeing as they were my first animations. Does anyone have any ideas why?

We have a community-driven approval process for games and movies here on NG, which works through people voting on stuff. When people in general think your submission is awful, and make that feeling known by giving it a low score, it will be removed even if it doesn't break any rules - low quality can be enough of a reason. So think of it as us telling you to improve your animating craft. If your submissions get better, their scores will get better and thus they'll have a higher chance to be allowed to stay.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 14:19:53

Change them slightly and submit under a different name. I bet they'll pass this time.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 15:57:55

Add Yakety Sax to it.
Guaranteed pass.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 16:10:20

Ah, you are one of the fortunate people to get blammed. Back in Newgrounds' heyday, that was an effective way to weed out bad animation; well, kind of, Honestly, I find it weird that there are so many submissions I feel should be blammed and aren't. However, I may not know quality, just like axman13, but I do think a lot of bad submissions make it throught.

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-07 16:52:49

At 2/7/17 01:32 PM, Haggard wrote: Um, what? I'm implying that I vote 0 or 1 on two movies that get blammed each day.

Oh so you're the one who votes and blams! I get it!

Good job cleaning newgrounds's trash.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-08 07:24:49

At 2/7/17 04:52 PM, kehny wrote:
At 2/7/17 01:32 PM, Haggard wrote: Um, what? I'm implying that I vote 0 or 1 on two movies that get blammed each day.
Oh so you're the one who votes and blams! I get it!

Good job cleaning newgrounds's trash.

Thanks.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-08 15:51:29

ayy
Your shit sucked.
Sorry we blammed the living fuckout of it.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-08 20:33:01

At 2/6/17 01:33 PM, Daxxari wrote: I made two animations for the first time, and submitted them on the site. After they were under review, it said they were both "blammed".

Its alright dude just keep trying.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 02:41:40

At 2/6/17 05:30 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: It got a low score. Keep trying dude.

I could use that. My trial just expired, thanks

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 03:07:22

Welcome to Newgrounds, kidd.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 03:19:37

At 2/6/17 06:00 PM, NekoMika wrote: If 2 of your movies or games were blammed in under 15 days then you get a 2 week ban from uploading stuff. It is meant to encourage you to spend more time on your content.

Which begs the question, do we really need that anymore? That was implemented years ago when the flash portal was more active and you had people spamming the portal with garbage, but that's not the case anymore. I would get rid of that now to encourage more activity in the flash portal.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 04:56:27

Not much for me to add considering everything that needs to be said has been said, but I'm wondering if OP is still alive

At 2/6/17 01:33 PM, Daxxari wrote:

Hey, you okay there, buddy? Don't worry, as you get better, it'll get better.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 10:22:03

Being blammed means that the community down rated it and they think that it shouldn't be on this website (this is usually to avoid shitposters) all I can say is to become better at what your doing so that it doesn't happen again, have a nice day.

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 12:03:32

At 2/11/17 02:41 AM, Daxxari wrote:
At 2/6/17 05:30 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: It got a low score. Keep trying dude.
I could use that. My trial just expired, thanks

WPD800-54438-47432-63979

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 14:30:53

At 2/6/17 01:39 PM, theadhx wrote: It also may be that there's some people on this site that just apparently love to to blam stuff...

Yeah. Cuz that's realistic.

Some people here blam bad stuff. Thank god for them. There are way too many fanboys here who upvote things just because they think it's the nice thing to do. They are the vermin of the submission feedback loop.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 14:31:33

Can you submit them to NG and link us so we can look and try to tell you why they might have been blammed?

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to My animations were banned? 2017-02-11 17:10:33

did you try to hypnotize and brainwash the community with subliminal messages again?

Heya