00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enjoyedthat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Poetry Club

545 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Welcome to the poetry club, this club is for everyone, whether you're very passionate about poetry or if you just enjoy it.

The one and only rule:

1. No negativity. When I say no negativity, I don't want you just flaming an author or a poem without any constructive criticism, whether it be a normal post or a reply one.

I don't have a lot of rules, just follow the ones provided by this website.

I'll start

My favorite author is E.E. Cummings. I just love his use of technicalities instead of following the rules of poetry, because poetry should have no rules.

My favorite poem is "i carry your heart me". I love this poem because it's easy to understand if you're getting interested in technical poetry. I'll give you an example, in the entire poem, he does not use a single capitalized letter for it gives the speaker a higher place than the addressee, so if it was "you and I" rather than "you and i", the addressee has a lower place than the speaker. There is many more featured usage of technicalities in that poem, if you're interested, check it out.

Now go ahead and share your own thoughts!

BBS Signature

Response to The Poetry Club 2017-01-19 17:49:10

here's some poetry by amaranthus

The Poetry Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Poetry Club 2017-01-22 20:52:49

That poem by Cummings is also my favorite poem by Cummings. I love him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Poetry Club 2017-01-23 03:36:21

you are a flaming faggot.

Response to The Poetry Club 2017-01-23 10:22:09

At 1/22/17 08:52 PM, Alias wrote: That poem by Cummings is also my favorite poem by Cummings. I love him.

Glad to see someone who enjoys his poetry.

BBS Signature