00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thinking of switching to AS3

880 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi, I make games using AS2 but I heard that AS3 stuff can be exported as android applications. If I have commands such as objects following mouse clicks or doing stuff like slashing and shooting guns when you do stuff with the mouse, would those commands translate into swipes and finger presses automatically when the game's exported as an android app or file or whatever it's called? Thanks in advance.

Response to Thinking of switching to AS3 2017-01-21 20:53:55

At 1/16/17 05:17 AM, d-z wrote: Hi, I make games using AS2 but I heard that AS3 stuff can be exported as android applications. If I have commands such as objects following mouse clicks or doing stuff like slashing and shooting guns when you do stuff with the mouse, would those commands translate into swipes and finger presses automatically when the game's exported as an android app or file or whatever it's called? Thanks in advance.

There are separate "touch events" that you have access to. This includes swiping, multi-finger touches, gestures, etc. Here's where you can get started learning how they work: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/events/TouchEvent.html

Response to Thinking of switching to AS3 2017-01-21 23:09:34

I wish you the best of luck OP

Response to Thinking of switching to AS3 2017-01-22 12:28:04

Thanks both of you, I will check out these stuff.