00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are They Better Than Us?

953 Views | 19 Replies

Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 01:23:34

Do you think, in some way, they are better than us? This isn't meant to be sarcastic.

This is the Vegan Club, a group of celebrities who have posters of them plastered around LA. They are obviously vegans who also talk a lot about their veganism on their Twitter pages and refer to fellow vegans as "vegan brother" or "vegan sister."

I mean, if you read one of the bios of the guy with the backwards hat (punk rocker) and it talks about how he's never had a sip of alcohol, cigarette, or any drugs and is 46, and is a clean-living vegetarian for 28 years. Do you think that makes him better than you unless you share that lifestyle?

Kat Von D, tattoo artist, on the left, is also a vegan and talks a lot about being a vegan and even wears shirts saying "vegan" and likes to be around vegans or vegetarians.

So are they better than us or is it just hype?

Are They Better Than Us?

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 01:26:03

No.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 01:26:35

Meat is not the same as poison. These fools are cattle to be butchered and eaten.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 01:27:44

At 1/16/17 01:26 AM, Hoodie wrote: Why do you keep making these threads

veganism is just becoming a big thing, and while nothing with that, I found it interesting how it's exploded to the point where it's a trend.

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 01:35:50

At 1/16/17 01:30 AM, Hoodie wrote:
At 1/16/17 01:27 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote:
At 1/16/17 01:26 AM, Hoodie wrote: Why do you keep making these threads
veganism is just becoming a big thing, and while nothing with that, I found it interesting how it's exploded to the point where it's a trend.
You've been making these threads for like 2 years now

Fucking get over it

it's just that when I hear about people with vegan lifestyles it makes it seem like they live a life that seems somewhat superior, even though I know they truly aren't better people, but people with more health-consciousness and morality

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 02:04:27

I don't know dude, they look like a bunch of nobodies with superiority complexes to me. I wouldn't really call that better

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 03:32:30 (edited 2017-01-16 03:33:23)

Most of the Vegans that I have interviewed shares the same objectives. That is, to live healthy and longer. However, all the people I know that practice the "clean living" or whatever that means, died prematurely. What I'm trying to say is, I am not really sure what's the better way but there's one thing that I'm sure, we are all going to die.

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 03:45:23

At 1/16/17 03:32 AM, masheenH3ad wrote: Most of the Vegans that I have interviewed shares the same objectives. That is, to live healthy and longer. However, all the people I know that practice the "clean living" or whatever that means, died prematurely. What I'm trying to say is, I am not really sure what's the better way but there's one thing that I'm sure, we are all going to die.

You are right. I mean, veganism can be healthy for sure and it seems like it would be, but for some it may not work.

Also you've known enough people who died early who had clean lives? Did you know them as middle aged or older people or were they actually really young and just happened to have died? If so that's pretty sad

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 05:48:25 (edited 2017-01-16 05:52:43)

At 1/16/17 03:45 AM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: Also you've known enough people who died early who had clean lives? Did you know them as middle aged or older people or were they actually really young and just happened to have died? If so that's pretty sad

Some of them are my friends from childhood. One of them died at an early age of 24. Some 42 to 50. And all of them have no vices. Very prompt and very clean.

It is worth noting that on the other side, I know some people who eat a lot of sweets, drink lots of alcohol, staying up very late, eat a lot, and smoke cigars who lived out their lives up to 80 and 90 years.

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 10:32:55

They're no better than you or me. Just because they don't eat meat, drink, or smoke doesn't make them "clean, or even a better human being.

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 10:54:53

I don't consider them better. If they died or were struck with misfortune, I would feel nothing. Odds are they have more money then me though, and that's always nice.

For someone to be better person then me, for me to value their life more then mine, that person would have to be a moral paragon that saves lives every day, eats sadness, and shits out happiness. Or I would have to be in love with them and overlook (honestly, blinded) by their flaws.

Veganism is a lifestyle choice that I have no problem with. I think those posters are just ads trying to get people to cut meat out of their diet by saying that by being a vegan, you're in a club with celebs. Nothing wrong (or right) about that.

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 11:59:05 (edited 2017-01-16 11:59:35)

Their lives are devoid of even basic pleasures.

The have so little joy they are unaware of even the possibility of the pleasures they deny themselves.

I for one consider them not only inferior, but also desperate to hear the Gospel of Meat.

There is no more perfect unison than the joining with a higher intelligence by being consumed.

Every animal deserves this honor. It's my mission to make sure as many animals become one with sentience as possible.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 12:20:14

No. People are all people

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 16:41:06

I don't know if I should laugh at this notion or facepalm over their superiority complex of lifestyles. I'm all for live and let live, but it seems like these are the kinds of people who find some sort of pleasure at missing the fun things at life under the guise of healthy living. For all the talk that veganism being the future, (except not really) they can't seem to get over their schizo collective complex, whether superiority or inferiority.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 18:17:03

Why is everyone shitposting so much about vegans lately? Does anyone really care about what other people eat?

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 18:22:43

Vegans are the modern day equivalent of medieval peasants.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 20:15:32

Only eBaumsworld is better than us.

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-16 20:24:58

We are all equally assholes, in our own way.

>>> Follow my Instagram: @the_imaginary_boy<<< Buy my MERCH

BBS Signature

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-17 01:45:40

I mean, like, they're living the way they want.
Are you living the way you want?

Response to Are They Better Than Us? 2017-01-17 01:58:00