00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[HELP] Litle help with RPG game

410 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

[HELP] Litle help with RPG game 2017-01-04 09:09:03

Hello guys, I need a help with a RPG game that I am making. I have two problems, the first is when I click in button to open inventory/shop, the player move and the effect is added in the ground, this can not happen. The second is when I open the inventory or shop, and click in X button to close, nothing happens. Any help to fix? O.O

Link to game project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1o5xzlQcqGeMGMyem1zcWlid0k

Response to [HELP] Litle help with RPG game 2017-01-04 18:55:05

At 1/4/17 09:09 AM, CrazY770 wrote: Hello guys, I need a help with a RPG game that I am making. I have two problems, the first is when I click in button to open inventory/shop, the player move and the effect is added in the ground, this can not happen. The second is when I open the inventory or shop, and click in X button to close, nothing happens. Any help to fix? O.O

Link to game project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1o5xzlQcqGeMGMyem1zcWlid0k

A good place to start would be to disable your positioning clicks when the game is paused. You can do this by using the boolean you created

_root.onMouseDown = function():Void
{
	if(!gamePause){
		getx = _xmouse;
		gety = _ymouse;
		rotate=-(Math.atan2(_xmouse-player_mc._x, _ymouse-player_mc._y))*radiance;
		player_mc._rotation = rotate;
	}
}

The reason the code for your x button isn't working, is because your x button isn't on the stage when you refer to it.

Since you are using AS2 and are actually using code on the timeline. You may as well add the code directly to the button and do something easy like:

on(release){
  gotoAndStop(1);
}

^ Can google that one to find out exactly how to implement it, if you're unsure.

Response to [HELP] Litle help with RPG game 2017-01-09 13:13:24

i can help with music or art

Response to [HELP] Litle help with RPG game 2017-01-11 13:45:43

Well, I managed to fix it any other way, instead of the player follow the mouse point, did he follow the effect, it became much easier to fix. Now I have other problem. Please, see my other post.