00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnDickard just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are Hulu and Netflix worth it?

475 Views | 11 Replies

Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-03 17:53:34

Because i recently got a big money bonus from my boss and been wondering about getting a subscription to either one and i was just thinking if it's really worth it to get it or if it's just bullshit and that i shouldn't get it. What do you think?

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-03 19:00:25

No. Just mooch off your friends

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-03 19:02:32

Netflix = Yes. It's affordable and there's a wide selection of shows and movies, not to mention the Netflix exclusives are pretty good. Plus, no commercials.

Hulu = NO. It's glitchy, horrible sound quality, too many ads, the video and audio doesn't sync half the time, it's a mess.

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-03 20:20:11

No reason to not have Netflix. It's a great service. Hulu isn't my cup of tea.

Netflix + Amazon combo is pretty sweet.

BBS Signature

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-03 21:14:29

Just use Vumoo or Rainierland.

BBS Signature

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-03 23:43:51

I never understood the point of having either of those services if you have a DVR

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-04 01:32:11

At 1/3/17 11:43 PM, StatKing wrote: I never understood the point of having either of those services if you have a DVR

what do you mean you don't understand them? they are both used for unlimited tv and movies because while DVR's are great they still have things like space restrictions and ect.

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-04 09:26:00

Considering the cost of legally purchasing a movie from a streaming site can cost you $15 a month I'd say paying the $10 subscription fee is worth it. Plus it helps funnel some of that money back to the people who made them.

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-04 11:48:32

You should only spend money on entertainment media like movies and TV shows if you're a massive fan of them in the first place.
Otherwise just watch everything online for free.

Are Hulu and Netflix worth it?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

I've had netflix for like four or five years now and go through long phases of not using it, but never felt the need to cancel. It's nice always having something ready to go, though you can't rely on it to always have the stuff you want available. A show is liable to disappear for months while you're half way through watching it, and recently they've been pushing much more for TV shows than for movies if that would bother you.

Besides that, there's a free month. Use that and see what you think yourself. Stranger Things alone is worth paying for.

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-04 17:55:22

Netflix, yes. Hulu, no

CHECK MY BLOG, PENIS HELECOPTER ATTACKS RUSSIAN SPEECH!!

PENIS-COPTER

BBS Signature

Response to Are Hulu and Netflix worth it? 2017-01-05 01:27:22

Hulu is dogshit. Netflix would be OK, but their customer support staff is the rudest I've ever spoken to. You'd better hope you never have to call them. They're the reason I cancelled my subscription.