00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS.

495 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey there!
I'm HexJunior!
I'm a Voice Actor AND a Game Developer...

Anyways, I have made several tiny games throughout my life so far which did not really make a staple in the gaming community at all. So this week I am starting my first fully fledged game... No idea what the name, story or mechanics of the game is going to be yet... But I will figure that out later... CX Back to the point, I'm really stumped on ideas and/or mechanics of the game which I want to include. So I thought It would be a pretty good idea to ask the public: so I can make a game which is more hopefully more popular than my other works. Please put your suggestions in the response section... Thanks! <3

Please note these things...
I am making my game is Gamemaker: Studio or Construct 2 (If it comes too it.)
I don't mind at all you writing an incredibly in depth idea for a game, I will read it! I read everything!
I'm hiring... Kinda! Well, what I mean by this that I may be looking for some people to do Cover Art/Art in general and people for music. So if you be amazing to provide me with some resources to use in my game I would LOVE that!!!!
One last thing. If you submit an idea to me that I either put in the game or really liked, I will make a 'Contributors' page on the main menu of the game were I can put your newgrounds (or any account) name: and maybe even a suitable message along with it. :)

- Ben.

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-15 02:15:08

At 12/14/16 02:17 PM, BenColligan wrote:
Anyways, I have made several tiny games throughout my life so far which did not really make a staple in the gaming community at all. So this week I am starting my first fully fledged game... No idea what the name, story or mechanics of the game is going to be yet... But I will figure that out later... CX Back to the point, I'm really stumped on ideas and/or mechanics of the game which I want to include. So I thought It would be a pretty good idea to ask the public: so I can make a game which is more hopefully more popular than my other works. Please put your suggestions in the response section... Thanks! <3

I know you said that you don't really have an idea for a story for your game yet, but do you have any ideas for what you MIGHT want it to be about or the genre? I'd love to help you write the story for your game, if you'd have me, but I kind of need a foundation. I'd hate to come up with an idea, start writing, and then once I show it to you, you wouldn't like it, you know? Especially since I'd just be grasping at straws.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-15 17:10:36

At 12/15/16 02:15 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 12/14/16 02:17 PM, BenColligan wrote:
I know you said that you don't really have an idea for a story for your game yet, but do you have any ideas for what you MIGHT want it to be about or the genre? I'd love to help you write the story for your game, if you'd have me, but I kind of need a foundation. I'd hate to come up with an idea, start writing, and then once I show it to you, you wouldn't like it, you know? Especially since I'd just be grasping at straws.

I get you xP This is the very vague idea I have so far, I want to start with a character in some sort of mysterious area and you wont know how you get there or anything else. Your main goal is too survive and find civilization and then in time find whats going on. But thing is I also want to be an in depth game, meaning you cant just get on it, play it for an hour and then complete it. No. You have to spend time finding things, researching things and stuff like that. Hope that makes sense lol.

- Ben.

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-16 03:15:46

At 12/15/16 05:10 PM, BenColligan wrote:
I get you xP This is the very vague idea I have so far, I want to start with a character in some sort of mysterious area and you wont know how you get there or anything else. Your main goal is too survive and find civilization and then in time find whats going on. But thing is I also want to be an in depth game, meaning you cant just get on it, play it for an hour and then complete it. No. You have to spend time finding things, researching things and stuff like that. Hope that makes sense lol.

- Ben.

Yeah, it all makes sense to me, don't worry, haha.

So, would you like me to be a writer for your game? If so, just hit me up with a Private Message and we can take things from there.

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-16 12:22:45

IDK what you're going to make, but music wise perhaps i can be of use :) Ive put up 5? so far, check it out if you want and judge for yourself if it's fit for what you're looking for.

Nicholas aka MrKimchi

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-16 12:56:50

At 12/16/16 12:22 PM, MrKimchi1 wrote: IDK what you're going to make, but music wise perhaps i can be of use :) Ive put up 5? so far, check it out if you want and judge for yourself if it's fit for what you're looking for.

I will for sure check out your music! :D Thanks for volunteering <3

*DeftonesFan665 and MrKimchi1 please add my Skype (ben.colligan) to see if we can talk it further <3*

- Ben.

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-17 02:30:53

At 12/16/16 12:56 PM, BenColligan wrote:
*DeftonesFan665 and MrKimchi1 please add my Skype (ben.colligan) to see if we can talk it further <3*

- Ben.

I don't have a Skype. Could we talk about this further some other way?

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-17 14:51:19

At 12/17/16 02:30 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 12/16/16 12:56 PM, BenColligan wrote:

- Ben.
I don't have a Skype. Could we talk about this further some other way?

Of course lol, Just PM me and we can continue there I guess. What are we talking about in particular exactly? Do have questions or are we just taking about what things are going to turn out like? ^^

- Ben.

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-23 11:08:14

At 12/16/16 12:56 PM, BenColligan wrote: I will for sure check out your music! :D Thanks for volunteering <3

- Ben.

Oh ok, sure ill get to that, sorry about the late reply been busy lately

Nicholas aka MrKimchi

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-30 10:10:42

I'd be happy to help with game art or coding in Construct 2 or GameMaker (I haven't used GameMaker in a while)
I also have a few ideas for games so if anyone wants to talk about their project I'm happy to.

Response to Ideas for my game and HIRING PEEPS. 2016-12-30 10:12:20

At 12/30/16 10:10 AM, JebzZz wrote: I'd be happy to help with game art or coding in Construct 2 or GameMaker (I haven't used GameMaker in a while)
I also have a few ideas for games so if anyone wants to talk about their project I'm happy to.

JasperBacigalupa@gmail.com
or
jasper bacigalupa (Skype)