00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your gun in games.

708 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your gun in games. 2016-12-12 01:15:12

Post your favorite guns from video games, and tell me why. Also any gun you want to be in games.

I like the typical m16/ak47 they usually are good in games. Also any submachine guns like mp5 to be quick, and with a silencer. Its more satisfying. As for fantasy I like the original Halo MA5B because of the sound it makes and the bullets scatter, made for run and gun.

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-12 02:43:32

Most overpowered gun I've ever seen in a video game, ever: Farsight XR-20, from Perfect Dark.

One-hit kill, goes through an infinite amount of walls, fast reload, 8-round mag, X-RAY VISION and auto-targeting. The only thing that balances it out is that there's like a half-second delay between pressing "Z" and the gun actually shooting, plus the 1 second cooldown time, and the auto-targeting is slow enough to outrun and avoid by zig-zagging.

As far as guns I'd like to see in games, this thing.. it, uh... it could probably obliterate some heads beyond recognition. .500 Magnum. That's somehow infinitely more powerful than the same caliber bullet the Desert Eagle shoots. I don't need the science on that, I just think it's f**kin' metal because it broke my misconception that the "Deagle" is the most powerful handgun ever. Apparently pretty much any magnum revolver after .357 is more powerful. Plus, that magnum just screams "'MURICA!!" or maybe "SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!! PAY FOR THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!"

I was born ready. My eyelashes, alas, were not.

BBS Signature

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-12 07:39:01

Gotta be this one. Reason being... the power? The inventive acronym? The nostalgia? IDK, there's just something about it...

Your gun in games.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-12 13:00:52

I always like using handguns in games. Dunno why. Might be the quickness of aiming they have in shooters. If a game has a 1911 I'm all over it.

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-12 15:09:52

At 12/12/16 01:15 AM, MaynardHeart wrote: Post your favorite guns from video games, and tell me why. Also any gun you want to be in games.

Okay. This is one of my Go-To weapons when I'm playing Borderlands 2. Fast, very accurate, and FUCKIN' DESTROYS when equipped with The Bee.

Your gun in games.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-12 19:05:23

tracer's guns

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-13 08:13:22

At 12/12/16 01:15 AM, MaynardHeart wrote: Post your favorite guns from video games, and tell me why.

The HK21 from Call of Duty: Black Ops. That's my go to gun in Black Ops. I like how much ammo it has and it's firepower.

The M4 Custom in MGS4. I always have to have that gun in my inventory. It's my favorite assault rifle in the game.

The Bushman from FarCry 3. It's a good assault rifle, plus it's silenced. It's worth getting. Once I'm able to buy it, I never unequip it.

The Hydra in Resident Evil 5 because it's a triple barreled shotgun.

The 'merica from Saints Row 4 because it has a light machine gun, sub machine gun, shotgun, heavy pistol, minigun, rocket launcher, flamethrower, and combat knife all in one.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-13 13:09:37 (edited 2016-12-13 13:10:37)

I mostly prefer Light Machine Guns and my favorite is PKP Pechenge, I mean, some people like me love to spam right? . Though I also do like assualt rifles (mostly AR-series) as well as Glock17(pistol). USP match seems good to me too. I also have a slight liking to sniper rifles , mostly on Orsis as it is very accurate but sadly, underrated.

BBS Signature

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-13 14:01:42

The M16 and Ak47 in the game BLACK for ps2.

Your gun in games.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Your gun in games. 2016-12-13 14:38:41

At 12/13/16 08:13 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 12/12/16 01:15 AM, MaynardHeart wrote: Post your favorite guns from video games, and tell me why.
The HK21 from Call of Duty: Black Ops. That's my go to gun in Black Ops. I like how much ammo it has and it's firepower.

I am currently new to the Black Ops community on my PS3, I'm getting my ass kicked, I cant even get a 1.0 K/D ratio. Use to be insane at fps, I'm very rusty.

Response to Your gun in games. 2017-01-01 12:42:05

the Bow is the best gun of all time

Hi, Follow? :3

BBS Signature

Response to Your gun in games. 2017-01-01 13:46:14

At 12/13/16 08:13 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:

My favorite for black ops is the ak74u.

Response to Your gun in games. 2017-01-01 15:40:33

BFG from Doom, why? Its a BIG FU***NG GUN xD

Response to Your gun in games. 2017-01-01 18:26:57 (edited 2017-01-01 18:34:25)

My favourite type of weapon usually gets labelled as a DMR - a high damage, single-fire rifle with mid range and no scope attached (I hate scopes in 90% of games that have them). Think of an M1 Garand, M14 EBR or indeed the Halo DMR even though it has a scope and you'll get the idea, the type of gun where every shot is significant and the weapon itself is versatile. I like Battlefield 4 for being one of the few online games with a good selection of these.

More specific examples, the 1911 usually becomes my go-to side arm in any game that has it. The AK-47 and any of its variants are always nice to see but in the majority of games they feel like flimsy pea shooters. Fallout 4 and MGSV let you heavily customize your guns and in both I ended up with a sort of long barrelled, single fire AK with very high damage per shot.

For examples specific to certain games, I like

-The pistol in Halo ODST. All the power of the original pistol, but silenced and with a much sleeker design.

-The Plasma Cutter in Dead Space. Has more oomph than maybe any other gun listed here, tears through limbs and convincingly feels like a heavy duty tool that's been co opted as a self defence weapon.

-The Magnum in any Resident Evil. Watch some heads pop.

-Half Life 2's Gravity Gun. Almost every gun in HL2 feels exceptionally great, but there's nothing as cool as switching to this thing just in time to catch a grenade and throw it back. Many games now have an automatic "press __ button to throw back" when a grenade lands near you but it's nowhere near as satisfying as needing the reflexes to do it manually, and in mid air.

-Shotgun / super shotgun in Doom. I'll take the trusty boomstick over the BFG any day.

-Basically everything from Ratchet and Clank. From the RYNO to the gunthat morphs enemies into sheep, they're all designed to feel great and fun to use.

-Experimental MIRV from Fallout 3. Basically a shotgun that fires a burst of nukes instead of pellets, the resulting destruction being enough to kill anything in the game several times over and reduce your frame rate to single-digits, with the blast radius being so huge and unpredictable that you'l rarely be able to use it without obliterating yourself and all your friends along with everything else. It's the type of thing that's usually restricted to jokey overpowered mods. Shoutout to the garbage launcher and railway rifle too.

At 12/12/16 05:28 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: The Lancer from the Gears of War series. That chainsaw bayonet is incredible.

Good shout. I don't find them that nice to use but the lancer is definitely up there as one of the best weapon designs, visually. That felt like such a big deal when Gears first came out, that they took something as ridiculous as a chainsaw bayonet and made it look sleek and plausible, and mirrors the games well in being a silly idea with sincere execution.

Fuck, that reminds me. I need to get that Gears 4 lancer replica before the price gets too prohibitive. I already missed the Gears 2 version and regret not picking up the Gears 3 retro lancer while it was affordable (it's like $450+ now), I actually like the retro design a little bit more.