00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Weed Legal NK, Not Japan SK

463 Views | 3 Replies

Do you think it's weird how marijuana is legal in a place like North Korea, and has been for a long time, although the weed may be low-quality, but it's totally illegal in Japan, South Korea, China, etc? Doesn't it seem kinda embarrassing how a dictatoship actually made a good decision? It doesn't matter if you like weed or not, it's just a human rights issue for doing what you want to do that's not affecting others, unless you're driving stoned or going to work stoned.

In Japan, a simple joint can land you five years imprisonment. In South Korea, about the same. In Taiwan, a maximum of three years. In Hong Kong, max three years. In Singapore, I think a maximum of seven or ten years. And this is just for a little bit of weed. For ounces or pounds, it can result in execution in some of these countries.

In fact, smoking weed is rare in Japan or South Korea, and most people if shown a picture of weed in a bag wouldn't know what it is.

But in North Korea, it's apparently 100% legal to sell, possess, and use marijuana.

http://www.vice.com/read/north-korea-is-stoned-all-the-time-which-explains-a-lot

Response to Weed Legal NK, Not Japan SK 2016-12-02 22:39:35

At 12/2/16 10:36 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I've also heard that police there don't know what it smells like so you can still smoke in front of them and get away with it. I'd never risk it though.

if it's legal, then why would they arrest you, especially a foreigner? Unless they made it illegal again. Even if you do, as a foreigner, smoke weed in NK, you will probably just get deported. Not saying I'd want to go to NK really badly for that reason.

Response to Weed Legal NK, Not Japan SK 2016-12-02 23:24:49

I think it's driven from the old argument, that if you smoke weed then you're bound to try harder stuff. And that seems to be reflected a lot of countries.

I never tried it until it was legal here (Washington) and it's pretty great. I'm hoping more states legalize it, I know there's quite a few now.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed Legal NK, Not Japan SK 2016-12-02 23:28:21

At 12/2/16 11:24 PM, Grammar-Nazi wrote: I think it's driven from the old argument, that if you smoke weed then you're bound to try harder stuff. And that seems to be reflected a lot of countries.

I never tried it until it was legal here (Washington) and it's pretty great. I'm hoping more states legalize it, I know there's quite a few now.

I had a good time in Seattle going to a legal pot shop and just hanging around the city all high.

Good times.