00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AP Audio Integration

385 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

AP Audio Integration 2016-11-21 00:18:44

I recently had a game taken down for having copyrighted music in it. No problem, I can just use the audio portal, right? Well, sort of. I decided to load music externally from the Newgrounds Audio Portal, but I can only listen to a couple songs before the soundtrack grinds to a halt. If I try visiting a download link once that's happened, I get this message:

You're making too many download requests - wait at LEAST one minute before making another!

So I have a couple questions. How exactly does this work? What's the limit? 3 songs per minute? And if so, what am I supposed to do, download the songs I want? I get that Newgrounds probably wants to reduce the work the server has to do to allow downloading, but it also consumes bandwidth if I'm downloading a file and putting it into my game when it already exists on the site.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to AP Audio Integration 2016-11-21 17:17:48

At 11/21/16 12:18 AM, Kwing wrote: So I have a couple questions. How exactly does this work? What's the limit? 3 songs per minute? And if so, what am I supposed to do, download the songs I want? I get that Newgrounds probably wants to reduce the work the server has to do to allow downloading, but it also consumes bandwidth if I'm downloading a file and putting it into my game when it already exists on the site.

You can ask one of the admins if it's possible to get special permission, but otherwise you just include it in your game and credit the composer.