00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help: Old Artist returning to Flash

393 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey everyone! My name is/was Senretsu.

Yes, I still have the same account on here after some 9+ years.
Anyway I'm returning to Flash Animation after an extremely long absence and... I gotta be honest here, I have no clue what I'm doing anymore. Everything's changed so much I just... really don't even know where to get started. The last time I used Flash was Adobe Flash 7. I'm trying to use Flash CC 2015 now and absolutely everything has changed and it's very confusing for me.

Was hoping to get some help reorienting myself, and I figured Newgrounds would be a great place to get some tips from people who know Flash. Anyway, I ramble...

Issues I'm having:
1. When creating a new Flash file, I only get the option between "Html5 Canvas" and "WebGL".
What happened to old fashioned .fla files? My file output is still fla, so I assume WebGL is the same thing?
I'm looking to make an old fashioned swf file. I'm worried I'm trying to do that in the wrong format.

2. How do I change my Audio Settings to "Stream" on my sound channel?
I can find the sound file in my library and look at it's properties, but what happened to the old settings tab that let me change it's quality etc? I can't find it anymore :S

3. Using the line and shape tools, how do I change the sizes of my lines & shapes etc? The color of the lines?

Those are all I can think of for now. I haven't made a real Flash cartoon in roughly a decade. However my niece has been using crappy programs and apps on her tablet to make Minecraft Machinima and I figured now is a good time to dust off the old skills and teach her how to be a Knight and do it right. So we're making a peppa pig parody. Pic included.

Please help me make this cartoon a reality, I will post results here on the 'grounds :P

Thanks in advance!
-Sen

Help: Old Artist returning to Flash