00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for Artists

315 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for Artists 2016-11-06 21:54:00

Hello Artists ill keep this brief, im looking for artists to do art for my game. But as im poor(literally poverty) untill i can sell my game and lift myself up i have no money. I have plans in the future to remedy this but id like to ask the art community some simple questions if you dont mind answering them.

One, whats the ussall going rate to commission single images?

Two, how long does it usally take to finish a picture of HD quality?

Third, how do you prefer to get paid. i.e method of payment, before or after work is done. Or half before and half after.

I thank you for taking the time to read my post and i look forward to your answers.

You don't have to be first to be the best.

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for Artists 2016-11-06 23:40:18

At 11/6/16 09:54 PM, stwest wrote: Hello Artists ill keep this brief, im looking for artists to do art for my game. But as im poor(literally poverty) untill i can sell my game and lift myself up i have no money. I have plans in the future to remedy this but id like to ask the art community some simple questions if you dont mind answering them.

One, whats the ussall going rate to commission single images?

Two, how long does it usally take to finish a picture of HD quality?

Third, how do you prefer to get paid. i.e method of payment, before or after work is done. Or half before and half after.

I thank you for taking the time to read my post and i look forward to your answers.

Well alright, first of all if you have literally no money then you don't want to look into hiring an artist, you want to look into collaboration. This involves having to give up a fair amount of creative control and that there's a significant chance that the artist you get is a flaky shit, but you run that risk either way unless you go professional commissions.

Which you can't afford.

Question 1: There's no standard going rate for artists.

You'll have the tumblr crowd and a fair few from this beautiful site who will work for literal peanuts, a few from Deviantart or the like who should work for peanuts, all the way up to freelance high-tier concept art teams that will run up one giant bill.

Generally it's $10-25 for a single image. That's amateur rates, though.

Question 2: Again, that varies wildly. I'll usually spend about 6-10 hours on an image unless it's a neat little complicated gig, pros can do what I do in 90 minutes, and then there's people like Aaron Diaz who famously spend months on a single page.

You'll just have to ask and establish a delivery date (because nobody is going to drop everything to get an image done on amateur rates). And hold them to it, don't let a flaky artist jack you around.

Question 3: The standard is half before, half on delivery.

Wow, a question with a non-vague answer.

Hope that helps, bruv. Anyone else has anything to chime in with, feel free.

Response to Looking for Artists 2016-11-07 08:11:13

At 11/6/16 11:40 PM, Lintire wrote: and then there's people like Aaron Diaz who famously spend months on a single page.

sigh. worth it though.