00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates

14,344 Views | 48 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-05 19:37:44

At 11/5/16 07:27 PM, TomFulp wrote: Woah, whoops! Noted.

Your image upload - did you try to upload it here in your BBS post and it didn't work, or were you trying to upload it in /dump? Did you get a specific error message?

I don't know about him, but if I try to upload an image larger than 700x700 it gets stuck on the (uploading) message forever.

It works if I just resize the image myself, but I've noticed that a lot of peeps in the Art Forum are submitting blank posts and then confused posts.

This is probably not the best way to submit bug reports, huh.

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-06 00:40:20

Definitely gonna give this a try...this is the first time I'm seeing this game, and it looks awesome...

Though...are you guys looking through unscouted stuff along with scouted?

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-06 07:36:14

At 11/6/16 12:40 AM, V0xP0puli wrote: Definitely gonna give this a try...this is the first time I'm seeing this game, and it looks awesome...

Though...are you guys looking through unscouted stuff along with scouted?

Yup, we'll be checking unscouted art as well!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-06 11:25:07

Really enjoyed the Vice article, "It wasn't just a smut factory, it was the graffiti of the internet: a nuisance to some, revolutionary to others.", love that line. What a great time for Vice to give NG some exposure, let's help it helps with the already growing resurgence.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-06 17:15:27

The game sure looks great!

But Question: Why the furore about Owlboy here on Newgrounds? Was this a submission here once? Serious question, I simply do not know and I could not find anything. Did I miss something in this thread?

BBS Signature

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-07 06:58:37

Excuse me.But is the mobile version of NG an app or must be accessed on Safari instead?

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-07 08:18:06

At 11/6/16 05:15 PM, Manderby wrote: The game sure looks great!

But Question: Why the furore about Owlboy here on Newgrounds? Was this a submission here once? Serious question, I simply do not know and I could not find anything. Did I miss something in this thread?

Owlboy doesn't have a direct NG history like a lot of the indie games we've run contests for but I like supporting a game that has so many years of work and dedication behind it.

BBS Signature

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-07 08:30:53

At 11/7/16 06:58 AM, Empyrus wrote: Excuse me.But is the mobile version of NG an app or must be accessed on Safari instead?

Not an app at the moment, it's when you visit NG via Safari.

BBS Signature

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-07 09:04:10

Owlboy looks a bit like Cave Story - amount of time and dedication put into it feels similar too. Hadn't heard of it before but looking forward to trying it now! I was wondering if there were any previous posts about it I'd missed too, so thanks @Manderby for posing the serious question!!

Also great article on Vice. Hope tons of people see it.

And updates! New hubs look pretty slick, now with the new-and-improved sidebar-switch -upbug smoothed out too.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-07 09:11:20

so proid of snake and the team!

maybe ill get to making something for it

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-07 10:29:44

At 11/7/16 08:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Owlboy doesn't have a direct NG history like a lot of the indie games we've run contests for but I like supporting a game that has so many years of work and dedication behind it.

Thanks for the answer. All glory to indies! Let's Play it then!

BBS Signature

Hello! This sounds like fun, so I just uploaded my submission for this Owlboy Art Jam.

But, for some reason, if I use the search bar with the tag "owlboy", in the Art Category, I see everyone's arts except mine D: Is anything i'm doing wrong? The category I selected for my drawing was "Art - Illustration", and I added the tag "owlboy". I wouldn't like to be excluded from this just for a minor mistake from me D:

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-10 06:37:48

At 11/10/16 06:02 AM, RenzoFlame023 wrote: Hello! This sounds like fun, so I just uploaded my submission for this Owlboy Art Jam.

But, for some reason, if I use the search bar with the tag "owlboy", in the Art Category, I see everyone's arts except mine D: Is anything i'm doing wrong? The category I selected for my drawing was "Art - Illustration", and I added the tag "owlboy". I wouldn't like to be excluded from this just for a minor mistake from me D:

You haven't been scouted so your art doesn't show in the results - we have a unique search that will bring up your art though so don't worry. At some point we might merge all art into the tag results once and for all.

BBS Signature

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-10 06:50:03

At 11/10/16 06:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: You haven't been scouted so your art doesn't show in the results - we have a unique search that will bring up your art though so don't worry. At some point we might merge all art into the tag results once and for all.

Oh I see, I get it now, thank you! =D

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-12 18:26:07

My entry!
Its more a sketch than a finished piece but i haven't drawn quite a while so i am grateful for this competition for giving me the push to sit down and finish/half finish something.

I haven't played the game yet, i am going completely off some screenshots but it looks visually amazing

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-13 15:51:15

That blog post really reflects on how I feel about Newgrounds.... It's been so long, too. Six whole years of traversing this site. Pretty crazy.

Hopefully another sixty more!

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

here's my entry to the art jam, forgot to post it in the forum here when i posted it.

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-14 13:32:54

I believe you don't need to post it here in the forum, right? only tag it with "owlboy" and you're done

Response to Owlboy Art Jam & Site Updates 2016-11-14 13:43:38

At 11/14/16 01:32 PM, RenzoFlame023 wrote: I believe you don't need to post it here in the forum, right? only tag it with "owlboy" and you're done

Yup!

BBS Signature