00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop

522 Views | 12 Replies

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/retailers-react-backlash-against-thanksgiving-152900143.html

In the race to capture as many holiday shoppers as possible, many large retailers and malls in recent years have pushed their Black Friday opening from the early hours of the morning into the early evening of Thanksgiving Day itself.

Lackluster sales results on those days and a consumer backlash to “save Thanksgiving” and allow both employees and shoppers to enjoy the holiday at home with their families has a number of retailers reversing course.

A new survey from BestBlackFriday.com finds that more than half of Americans think stores should be closed on Thanksgiving, and fewer than one in five favor stores being open that day.

Families should be allowed to celebrate Thanksgiving , and not worry about shopping. Does anybody enjoy shopping early morning to save a few dollars?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-25 15:29:00

It doesn't affect me personally, as I usually get my Christmas shopping online or the week before Christmas. Still, I do believe it is a good idea to push back the Black Friday thing to where it belongs, on Friday after Thanksgiving.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-25 16:53:52

At 10/25/16 03:29 PM, orangebomb wrote: It doesn't affect me personally, as I usually get my Christmas shopping online or the week before Christmas. Still, I do believe it is a good idea to push back the Black Friday thing to where it belongs, on Friday after Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving should be given respect as the major holiday it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-25 16:56:12

I have never liked Black Friday shopping and I never will.

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-25 17:14:12

Why go out in that craziness when there's the internet?

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-25 18:46:47

I agree that stores shouldn't be open on Thanksgiving. Our American consumer market is disgusting.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-25 18:59:23

First off, The only people I know of that go shopping on Black Friday and Thanksgiving are usually so commercialized that they don't care about holidays. They're after the biggest gift for the lowest price.

Our family tried going to a K-mart after Thanksgiving and just couldn't compete against the militant crowds that are hellbent to get a deal.

I work retail ( Granted, As a computer salesperson) And people tend to forget that the people on the other end on the phone and working in the stores are people.

Because I have to work every black friday and I live in a podunk town where the biggest thing is a crappy walmart, I've never gone out to a big "Blowout" , I usually sit at my desk and count all the arrests and deaths from trampling.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-25 23:16:25

At 10/25/16 04:56 PM, Swabs wrote: I have never liked Black Friday shopping and I never will.

It is just a way to sell stupid things. Stay home and enjoy your holiday.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-26 18:11:02

I've never gone out on Black Friday nor do I intend to. Likewise I always go out on Superbowl Sunday to knock out a bunch of errands because everyone is home watching some fuck ass game.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-26 20:19:53

At 10/25/16 06:46 PM, Kayleeee wrote: I agree that stores shouldn't be open on Thanksgiving. Our American consumer market is disgusting.

Thanksgiving is always given the shaft as a holiday. Sales can wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-26 22:49:01

At 10/25/16 06:59 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: First off, The only people I know of that go shopping on Black Friday and Thanksgiving are usually so commercialized that they don't care about holidays. They're after the biggest gift for the lowest price.

That is true. Selling over the holiday.

I work retail ( Granted, As a computer salesperson) And people tend to forget that the people on the other end on the phone and working in the stores are people.

Yes, customers think that they are always right.

Because I have to work every black friday and I live in a podunk town where the biggest thing is a crappy walmart, I've never gone out to a big "Blowout" , I usually sit at my desk and count all the arrests and deaths from trampling.

Every year you can watch people getting trampled on the news. They don't even pretend to try and make it safer.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-28 01:40:59

At 10/26/16 06:11 PM, Grammar-Nazi wrote: I've never gone out on Black Friday nor do I intend to. Likewise I always go out on Superbowl Sunday to knock out a bunch of errands because everyone is home watching some fuck ass game.

That is a good idea, if you are not a football fan. Superbowl TV programs start early , and go on for most of the day and night.

BBS Signature

Response to Save Thanksgiving and don't go shop 2016-10-28 19:25:05

At 10/25/16 04:56 PM, Swabs wrote: I have never liked Black Friday shopping and I never will.
At 10/25/16 06:46 PM, Kayleeee wrote: I agree that stores shouldn't be open on Thanksgiving. Our American consumer market is disgusting.
At 10/26/16 08:26 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: a good way to save money is to not buy shit that you don't need

^--- These people. These people speak the truth.

At 10/25/16 10:18 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: I fail to see the big deal here. It's not like anybody is being forced to participate. There's no point in people getting up in arms and saying "save Thanksgiving." It's in no danger.

False. Large numbers of people are forced to participate. It's called anyone who works retail during those times. So if some retail-worker is forced to work that day instead of spending time with their family (if they'd rather be doing that) yes that is forcing them to participate.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here