00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Giant Spider carries mouse to eat

571 Views | 10 Replies

Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-24 21:55:18

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/oct/24/australia-giant-spider-mouse-carry-horrifying-impressive?CMP=fb_gu

Australia’s litany of fearsome fauna seems to have a new entry. Added to deadly snakes, man-eating crocodiles and poisonous jellyfish comes Hermie the huntsman, a spider so unusually large and strong that it had no problem carrying a sizeable mouse up the outside of a fridge. Stills taken of the spider seem to show the arachnid clutching the mouse by its head with its chelicerae while it scurries up the fridge. Millage said the banded huntsman could grow to have a leg span as large as 16cm.

Scratch Australia off the list of places to visit. lol Would you want to see a giant spider eat a mouse?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-24 22:01:04

Meh spiders like that are harmless. I bet if you let one crawl on you it won't bite.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-24 22:10:27

At 10/24/16 10:03 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: It carried a mouse vertically along a wall... If that thing dug it's fangs into a person it would probably really hurt...

Eh, a full suit of armor probably could prevent a bite like that.

Giant Spider carries mouse to eat

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-24 22:17:58

At 10/24/16 10:01 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote: Meh spiders like that are harmless. I bet if you let one crawl on you it won't bite.

You would be wrong. That spider is out for blood. He is not going to give that mouse a massage. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-24 22:23:25

Glad to see you're friends with all the same people on Facebook.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-24 22:33:37

At 10/24/16 10:15 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: Or you could ride your skeletal horse away from danger?

That could work.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-24 22:35:16

At 10/24/16 10:03 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
At 10/24/16 10:01 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote: Meh spiders like that are harmless. I bet if you let one crawl on you it won't bite.
It carried a mouse vertically along a wall... If that thing dug it's fangs into a person it would probably really hurt...

Yes, it would mess your day up. Stay away from those giant spiders.

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-25 07:48:50

At 10/24/16 10:10 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote:
At 10/24/16 10:03 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: It carried a mouse vertically along a wall... If that thing dug it's fangs into a person it would probably really hurt...

My first mental image, spider got inside the suit.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-25 08:50:20

At 10/24/16 10:03 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
It carried a mouse vertically along a wall... If that thing dug it's fangs into a person it would probably really hurt...

Yes, but the fear of spiders can be greatly adverted if you think about things from the spiders perspective.

Spiders really do not want to bite you. A spider wants to use their venom for productive means that will lead to their next meal. Making venom requires energy and they don't want to waste it (like most animals). They NEED to use that so they can eat because they can't just run to the grocery store and get some food like we can. Biting you and pumping you with venom does them no good, they can't eat you. Now they will do it to defend themselves because, again, they just want to survive.

Even still, a spider bite with venom isn't deadly in the grand scheme of things. It's only an issue under the perfect storm of circumstances, i.e. a black widow bite on a small child/elderly person who cannot handle the symptoms of the bite. In an average, healthy adult, a black widow bite would just be very uncomfortable for a few hours, but not deadly.

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-25 15:16:34

At 10/24/16 10:10 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote:

That suit had better protect you from any spider bite.

BBS Signature

Response to Giant Spider carries mouse to eat 2016-10-27 12:51:14

At 10/25/16 08:48 AM, SadisticAphid60 wrote:
Would you want to see a giant spider eat a mouse?
Fucking burn that shit. Spiders that run and jump are the scariest fuckers around.

I agree. Those spiders are aggressive and dangerous.

BBS Signature