00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I hate it when people do this

1,478 Views | 29 Replies

I hate it when people do this 2016-10-20 05:14:44

"I'm friends with a lot of people who I disagree with on stuff, so what? I would never hate someone for simply having a different view, I welcome other perspectives"

THIS fucking SHIT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So with this shit logic, I should be friends with a literal NAZI. Or an extreme religious fundamentalist. You get the picture.

I don't want to get political, I just wanted to say, people who use this logic, are full of SHIT.

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-20 05:29:25

At 10/20/16 05:14 AM, beakerboy wrote: "I'm friends with a lot of people who I disagree with on stuff, so what? I would never hate someone for simply having a different view, I welcome other perspectives"

So with this shit logic, I should be friends with a literal NAZI.

I don't want to get political, I just wanted to say, people who use this logic, are full of SHIT.

So, basically, people who are okay with others having a different opinion than them means they're the scum of the Earth?

You need to think about that more carefully. It's called having tolerance for other people's beliefs. Try it sometime.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-20 06:00:14

At 10/20/16 05:29 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 10/20/16 05:14 AM, beakerboy wrote: "I'm friends with a lot of people who I disagree with on stuff, so what? I would never hate someone for simply having a different view, I welcome other perspectives"

So with this shit logic, I should be friends with a literal NAZI.

So, basically, people who are okay with others having a different opinion than them means they're the scum of the Earth?

different opinions are good and fine but when your opinion is disgusting I draw the line

You need to think about that more carefully. It's called having tolerance for other people's beliefs. Try it sometime.

I am impatient, anti-social, and I have little tolerance as per the above

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-20 06:14:50

At 10/20/16 05:31 AM, zornuzkull wrote: It's good having perspectives from different political ideologies...
It helps refine and build your own ideas... There are usually good and bad aspects to every ideology no matter how extreme... Taking the best from all these and discarding the bad is obviously going to be more beneficial than blindly following one form of ideological dogma...

you've put too much faith in your belief that people choose their beliefs. People don't choose their beliefs. People are products of their environments, with the occasional outlier.

So let's say the person I'm speaking with tips me off that their belief/opinion/etc. was not something they voluntarily chose to have. At this point, I'm ending the conversation, because I don't feel like I'm talking to a human being anymore but more like a robot or a sheep.

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-20 08:58:07

That kind of thinking is going to put you in a little bubble of intolerance. Your blind hatred of people whom you percieve as "extremist" will eventually become so sensitive that anybody who practices a problem belief in your eyes will be seen as an extremist, and thus you'll turn into the exact thing you hate.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-20 11:43:14

At 10/20/16 06:14 AM, beakerboy wrote:
People are products of their environments

So I see you have no personality, and contempt for those who do.

Imagine a world where people push the boundaries of what they are allowed to think and who they are allowed to be.

Hahaha, just kidding, if you could do that you wouldn't post shit like this. Don't try too hard, either, it's just gonna give you a headache trying to think for yourself.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

I don't want to get political

Its called being open minded, and having a subjective view on things. By your logic , you are just going to surround yourself with people with have zero different views , opinions , and moral convictions ? That would make for one BORING , contrived , shallow conversation. If everbody agrees in a select group , and wants nothing to do with any other opinion then that group becomes nothing more than 5 guys blowing 6 guys . Maybe im not following you clearly on your point but the reason you should have a subjective point of view [the whole dont knock it before you try/research it" is so that way you may be able to broaden your horizions and expand as a person mentally or emotionally. You dont have to agree with something , or anything at all but if you just automatically dismiss it , it becomes your own person defense mechanism and at that point its not that you have a problem with the subject matter as much as it is that you have a problem with yourself and reception of ANYTHING from another human [i.e. your anti social tendencies]. You be friends with whoever you want , but keep in mind that EVERYONE has an opinion and a right to make it . Instead of just going "oh well I belive that is wrong so it must be stupid or evil" try "I don't agree with that , what makes a person think that way?" . Free speech mother fucker.

Also how is that most even slightly political?

At 10/20/16 11:43 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
So I see you have no personality, and contempt for those who do.

Imagine a world where people push the boundaries of what they are allowed to think and who they are allowed to be.

Hahaha, just kidding, if you could do that you wouldn't post shit like this. Don't try too hard, either, it's just gonna give you a headache trying to think for yourself.

Uh oh! looks like someone is #Triggered

So what happened, then, did you get raped by stepdaddy's 10 inch dick? No but seriously, spray your period blood somewhere fucking else.

At 10/21/16 09:52 AM, Railroadkill wrote:

I don't want to get political
Its called being open minded, and having a subjective view on things. By your logic , you are just going to surround yourself with people with have zero different views , opinions , and moral convictions ? That would make for one BORING , contrived , shallow conversation. If everbody agrees in a select group , and wants nothing to do with any other opinion then that group becomes nothing more than 5 guys blowing 6 guys . Maybe im not following you clearly on your point but the reason you should have a subjective point of view [the whole dont knock it before you try/research it" is so that way you may be able to broaden your horizions and expand as a person mentally or emotionally. You dont have to agree with something , or anything at all but if you just automatically dismiss it , it becomes your own person defense mechanism and at that point its not that you have a problem with the subject matter as much as it is that you have a problem with yourself and reception of ANYTHING from another human [i.e. your anti social tendencies]. You be friends with whoever you want , but keep in mind that EVERYONE has an opinion and a right to make it . Instead of just going "oh well I belive that is wrong so it must be stupid or evil" try "I don't agree with that , what makes a person think that way?" . Free speech mother fucker.

the way you talk about opinions makes it seem like opinions are inherently worthless. Opinions have meaning and consequences for expressing them, regardless of how tolerant or intolerant the people around you are. If a bunch of people express an extreme opinion, it will have consequences, because opinions can influence people. There are a lot of great recent examples I could give but as I said, I do not want to get into political arguments here (coz NGers are fucking stupid lol jk)

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 11:41:01

lmfao

BBS Signature

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 11:43:52

At 10/21/16 11:09 AM, beakerboy wrote:
At 10/21/16 09:52 AM, Railroadkill wrote:
At 10/20/16 05:14 AM, beakerboy wrote:
the way you talk about opinions makes it seem like opinions are inherently worthless. Opinions have meaning and consequences for expressing them, regardless of how tolerant or intolerant the people around you are. If a bunch of people express an extreme opinion, it will have consequences, because opinions can influence people. There are a lot of great recent examples I could give but as I said, I do not want to get into political arguments here (coz NGers are fucking stupid lol jk)

Well in a way opinions and words in general are inherently useless if you take them at face value and block them out. If you are not receptive to opinions then yes they are worthless , to you . I do not understand your logic , but as I said it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You love that word political huh?
Why insult the users on a public forum calling them stupid in a mis-spelled sentence with out-dated anagrams?
No need for that, but I suppose that is the basic theme of the original post anyway so...yeah.

At 10/21/16 11:49 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 10/21/16 11:43 AM, Railroadkill wrote: Why insult the users on a public forum calling them stupid in a mis-spelled sentence with out-dated anagrams?
No need for that, but I suppose that is the basic theme of the original post anyway so...yeah.
Nah homie, this happens when someone doesn't know what to say or doesn't have a counter argument and simply doesn't want to admit that they're wrong in some way, so they resolve to using insults as an attempt to win their argument.
Something tells you never dealt with a child before homie, because that's a tactic they use all the time.

Nah I have one of my own. You can't let them think just because they have a snappy answer they are right. My kid is really opinionated but at the same time he is 6 , and thinks he is the smartest kid in the world. Cocky lil prick. Love him to death but kids are dicks when they get up on their high horse. A childs high horse is a rocking horse though and its fucking adorable to watch kids pretend to be the king of the world sitting on their toy.
Plus I hate to say it but sometimes its just fun to get a rise out of someone , ya know?

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 11:57:15

So with this shit logic, I should be friends with a literal NAZI. Or an extreme religious fundamentalist.

I'm friends with a literal Nazi
Shout out to my home boy @platypuspwn

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 11:57:43

We should put those people into camps for having such atrocious thoughts.

BBS Signature

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 12:08:49

At 10/21/16 11:56 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 10/21/16 11:54 AM, Railroadkill wrote: Plus I hate to say it but sometimes its just fun to get a rise out of someone , ya know?
Yeah, i understand fam.
But kids shouldn't just let their dreams or these "let's pretend we're something we think is amazing" game go too far, it's bad for them and they'll be really sad when you tell them that they're not really what they think they are.
But at the same time, all kids should have a reason to live and some dreams to follow and stuff, otherwise they'd pretty much get depressed and hate their lives and stuff like that.

I completely agree. There is a time and a place to voice your opinions and i fully encourage that. Im not coming down on anybody , but what I try and instill in my boy is the fact that no matter who you are or what you are fighting for , there will always be opposition. You can't break their spirit but at the same time you need to be objective to illustrate the point i suppose. Chase your dreams , be whoever you want , but remember there will always be someone who disagrees.

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 15:01:02

democrat?

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 16:04:30

I remember seeing a post on tumblr before that said you should only be friends with people that share your beliefs, and that you need to cut ties with anything who has different political and ethical opinions than you. I thought that post was absolute pure delusional retardation, and somehow your post is even worse than that one. Only associating with people that share your beliefs and living in a big echochamber hug box is a terrible way to live your life. I'm friends with plenty of people that don't agree with me on certain issues, and I don't give a fuck because the only thing that matters is whether or not they're good people.

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 16:11:22

At 10/21/16 04:04 PM, GirthAlgar wrote: Only associating with people that share your beliefs and living in a big echochamber hug box is a terrible way to live your life.

I didn't say that. I said I would never associate myself with an evil scumbag. As a matter of fact I've only ever had one friend who was identical in terms of world perception.

You people just assume random shit then go on a pointless rant

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 16:36:58

At 10/21/16 04:11 PM, beakerboy wrote: I didn't say that. I said I would never associate myself with an evil scumbag. As a matter of fact I've only ever had one friend who was identical in terms of world perception.

What the fuck is your point then because you quoted someone saying they could be friends with someone that shares different views than them, and you immediately jump to the conclusion that by that logic you should be friends with Nazis. How do you jump to the conclusion that their logic makes it OK to be friends with extremists. Your original post really made it seem like you only associate with people who share your opinions.

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 16:48:30

At 10/21/16 04:36 PM, GirthAlgar wrote:
At 10/21/16 04:11 PM, beakerboy wrote: I didn't say that. I said I would never associate myself with an evil scumbag. As a matter of fact I've only ever had one friend who was identical in terms of world perception.

What the fuck is your point then because you quoted someone saying they could be friends with someone that shares different views than them, and you immediately jump to the conclusion that by that logic you should be friends with Nazis. How do you jump to the conclusion that their logic makes it OK to be friends with extremists. Your original post really made it seem like you only associate with people who share your opinions.

The exact quote I gave and criticized was taken from a specific person who said that when they were under fire for being or associating with extremists (in this case both)
AND I have found, that that little speech, their wording, it's what EVERY piece of shit uses to defend themselves when they are justifiably under scrutiny

I'm sick of it because it's like, it's a get out of jail free card now. Being open minded is great, and we're all taught that, but people are abusing the very idea itself, by using it to justify and defend themselves when almost everyone is against them, via common sense

doesn't matter, I don't think there's really someone dying to be your friend

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 19:51:36

"I hate it when people do this"

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 19:58:57

At 10/21/16 11:57 AM, CiviLies wrote: I'm friends with a literal Nazi
Shout out to my home boy @platypuspwn

Meine Ehre Heißt Treue :^)

BBS Signature

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 20:00:45

My partner and I disagree on so many things...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 20:08:54

At 10/21/16 08:00 PM, Painbringer wrote: My partner and I disagree on so many things...

Like what?

Context holmes!

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 20:14:24

At 10/21/16 08:08 PM, Railroadkill wrote: Like what?

Context holmes!

Generational things like politics, immigration, taxes, swearing, etc.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-21 20:23:13

At 10/21/16 08:14 PM, Painbringer wrote:

Context holmes!

define "Generational"

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-22 01:07:41

At 10/21/16 08:23 PM, Railroadkill wrote:
At 10/21/16 08:14 PM, Painbringer wrote:

Context holmes!
define "Generational"

Politics, immigration, taxes, swearing

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-22 01:35:21

To the OP, wording is everything.

Penn Jillette: Why Tolerance Is Condescending

We should be friends with those we disagree with. My best friend and I have been friends for 12 years. He is very right wing with his thinking and I am pretty left wing with mine. We have differing viewpoints on how the world works and should work. We will look into each others eyes in conversations and say "you're wrong". We treat each other with respect, but we don't tolerate each others opinions. Never have and never will.

Response to I hate it when people do this 2016-10-22 03:19:20

People should be friends with those they want to be friends with. If political opinion influences that, fine, but it's ridiculous to tell others to not be friends with someone because of differing opinions.

One of the few true reasons to not be friends with someone is if they don't dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdV2ZhfZzy8