00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who's voting third party?

613 Views | 18 Replies

Who's voting third party? 2016-10-10 01:34:03

Because I'm living in Canada.

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-10 10:01:27

As a Floridian, there's no way in hell I'd waste my vote on a 3rd party candidate. You can do all that silliness if you live in New York or Texas, but my vote has way more weight.

BBS Signature

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-10 18:24:05

I am voting U.S. Taxpayers this year for president and major congress seats the minor nominations are unopposed republicans.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-10 19:04:09

Here's a thought: if both the major candidates are shit, then it becomes much more likely that people would be voting for third parties than Clinton or Trump.

Of you are conservative, there's a new conservative party out there that's led by an ex-republican.
If you are seeking something with a stronger focus on the environment, there's the green party.
And if the proportion of people that voted for third parties is large enough, there would be the catalyst needed to end the death grip that the two major parties have right now.

I mean come on, who wants either person in power anyways?

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-10 19:13:48

At 10/10/16 07:04 PM, JJMAJR wrote: Here's a thought: if both the major candidates are shit, then it becomes much more likely that people would be voting for third parties than Clinton or Trump.

True, too bad the two major third parties put up un-electable candidates. This is once more the problem with third parties. They put up garbage candidates that don't hold up to scrutiny.

Of you are conservative, there's a new conservative party out there that's led by an ex-republican.

Who's policies are the exact mirror of the "government does nothing, austerity yay, bankruptcy ho!" type of stuff that's doomed much of Europe.

If you are seeking something with a stronger focus on the environment, there's the green party.

With the anti-vac crazy person who gets herself arrested at pipeline protests and trying to crash the debates. No, just no.

And if the proportion of people that voted for third parties is large enough, there would be the catalyst needed to end the death grip that the two major parties have right now.

Yeah....except it won't be. Because in part not enough of the electorate turns up to ever make this happen, so as ever, all any vote for a third party does is wind up being a vote that pushes one or the other of the major candidates into office because neither Johnson nor Stein is going to create enough of a coalition to unseat them. If one or both of them could have gotten into the debates, I might believe it's possible....but they didn't, so I don't.

I mean come on, who wants either person in power anyways?

Clearly the people who will show up and vote for them. We get the leaders we deserve they say.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-11 00:11:35

*Looks at all this stuff...*
Yeah everyone's shit. You guys are still fucked and will be for several decades onward.

So, even with the two major candidates out of the way...

Ex-CIA officer is way too focused on "OMG green energy isn't efficient".
Green party is tarnished because of insane anti-vax leading it.
Libertarian party seems like an imitation of the other two.
Don't get me fucking started on the paleoconservative party.

And every other politician doesn't have enough money or recognition.

Disappointing. And I thought that there was a glimmer of hope.

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-12 23:58:06

I'm sure if a third party candidate won enough votes and enough states, then yes they would win. But they don't have a chance unfortunately, they never get enough attention.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-13 00:57:06

I'd like to vote for third party, but I'm in Puerto Rico, and the U.S. is stuck in the false dichotomy.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-13 02:44:14

At 10/10/16 01:34 AM, JJMAJR wrote: Because I'm living in Canada.

I bet not many who voted for Ross Perot over bill clinton

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-13 06:26:41

I mean, I'd vote for Canada for president.

At 10/13/16 06:26 AM, ScalesonAmoth wrote:
I mean, I'd vote for Canada for president.

I don't know how to respond to that in the most funny manner. Or in the safest manner either. Um...

At 10/12/16 11:24 PM, Dem0lecule wrote:
sup bro, did you vote for Harper the last election?

No. I actually favor green politics, I just know that there's conservatives that would be voting for Trump and I wanted to steer them away from him.

Good news! A member of the UN threatened to impose sanctions against the US!

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-14 07:19:05

At 10/10/16 10:01 AM, FinaLee wrote: As a Floridian, there's no way in hell I'd waste my vote on a 3rd party candidate. You can do all that silliness if you live in New York or Texas, but my vote has way more weight.

Remember when Green Party voters gave you Bush yeah that shit was tight lmao

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-14 09:09:06

Only those with half a brain, the rest of the country will vote for the clown of their choice.

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-14 18:18:03

At 10/10/16 07:13 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: True, too bad the two major third parties put up un-electable candidates. This is once more the problem with third parties. They put up garbage candidates that don't hold up to scrutiny

Hold up to scrutiny like the trump and clinton? They are both unelectable clowns. Clinton undermined democracy with all the Bernie underhandedness, which to me is like her saying shes above the election process and the law. I'm not even going to talk about what a fool trump is.

So yea fuck both of them. I'm done voting out of fear. Johnson wants to deregulate everything and send us back to the turn of the century policies. I want jill stein in office. And I actually like her. Not everything but enough and lots more than trump

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-16 02:32:24

Vote Trump or die trying.

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-16 03:28:09

Most people say a third party is a waste of a vote, but in this election every vote is a waste with our options

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-16 04:19:44

canada isnt a real country

CHECK MY BLOG, PENIS HELECOPTER ATTACKS RUSSIAN SPEECH!!

PENIS-COPTER

BBS Signature

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-16 08:18:44

I have never voted and I probably won't this one.

Response to Who's voting third party? 2016-10-17 00:35:08

At 10/16/16 03:28 AM, Neoslayre wrote: Most people say a third party is a waste of a vote, but in this election every vote is a waste with our options

Voting in general is a waste. One vote won't do shit.