00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DETAILED, STRUCTURED REVIEWS

1,152 Views | 0 Replies

DETAILED, STRUCTURED REVIEWS 2016-10-05 18:14:38

Hello, I'm Doublechindoge7, I'm 14 and I make music with my DAW FL Studio.

Now I've learned the ropes, so despite my age, I'm not gonna claim to be an expert; but I'm pretty good at giving structured, well thought-out reviews. Quick "Thiz song iss gr8" 5 star reviews and "This iz ruly bad" 0 star reviews, are like my pet peeves, and I avoid becoming one of them at all costs.

I basically want to put myself out there as a suppourtive, constructive reviewer and hopefully friend to the music making community of Newgrounds, and maybe even you could help guide me in turn. I know what it's like to be unsure of a track, and I also know that burning passion to show the world what you made, so go crazy, I'll certainly make sure to listen...

Oh, and of course I understand why some may question my reviewing knowledge, and since I can't really speak for myself I'm just gonna let my reviews do the talking. I've linked some awesome, but flawed songs down bellow containing some of my longer reviews.

Just reply to this telling me the song of yours you want reviewed and I'll get on it as fast as I can, how long that is depends on how many replies I get, but I should be able to get around to everyone pretty quickly. Just a couple of rules to how this will go down:

1. Unscouted users accepted, and in fact prioritised. Chances are if you're unscouted you need advice, or you need to be scouted, and I can scout you if I believe you are good enough! =)
2. One song per person (with a few exceptions). Only ask for a review on 1 song to keep things fair and easy, I don't want you to flood me with hundreds of different songs you made, if I enjoy your content I will look at your stuff in my free time anyway. The exceptions are if the first song asked is under 2 minutes, you can ask for a review of a second one under 3 minutes, and if you feel you REALLY need help and advice I'll consider doing a second one.
3. No song over 10 minutes. I'm sorry, I guess this is hypocritical in a way, since I used to do this quite a lot; but if it's that long, chances are I'll get bored of it or not have enough time... Sorry<=(
4. I use Fruity Loops Studio, so I'll be able to give better advice to people who use it, so if you put your song was made in FLS in your reply; I'll prioritise it.
5. No Music Maker Jam stuff or any other *ahem* "DAW" that works by combining pre-made loops. Sorry, I'd love to consider you too, but your content is against the rules. Basically, if you start sending me stuff like that, one of us will probably get banned....
6. This isn't so much a solid rule as it is a request, but could you please not just send me your best work, instead send something that'd actually be interesting to review... If it's just great, all I can say is it's good. If it's odd, or unique, or great yet flawed; it creates a complex topic for discussion I can really sink my teeth into that you can benefit from by learning from your mistakes. Afterwards if I have time, sure I'd love to see your better songs, but here we discuss songs, not praise them...

Thanks for reading the rules, review ya soon.