00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Site is slowly breaking on Chrome

656 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-02 23:28:23

It's fine on Firefox, but I just prefer Chrome. Until recently. First it started with not being able to turn the lights off while playing games, then with not being able to see the buttons for filtering ratings, then the buttons at the top, and now I can't play games unless if they have the adult content warning on them. Otherwise it's just a blank screen. Someone help, because this is pissing me off

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-03 06:51:18

I'm using Chrome right now, and all of those things seem to be working for me. Do you have any plugins installed that might conflict with site functionality? Adblock?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-03 11:12:19

Adblock is disabled for Newgrounds, green thumbs up and everything, and it's still not working

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-03 15:12:42

At 10/3/16 11:12 AM, Jessetheterrible wrote: Adblock is disabled for Newgrounds, green thumbs up and everything, and it's still not working

It's weird though. I'm on the same browser, with no add-ons and no issues... could it be a geo-blocking thing, maybe? What happens if you try visiting the site through a proxy, on that same browser?

BBS Signature

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-03 19:59:05

Damn, you're right. Guess I'll just have to stick to Firefox then. Thanks for the help

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-04 04:43:05

At 10/3/16 07:59 PM, Jessetheterrible wrote: Damn, you're right. Guess I'll just have to stick to Firefox then. Thanks for the help

So it was the add-ons after all? Good to hear you figured it out!

BBS Signature

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-05 00:10:54

Apparently not. I got rid of all my add-ons and it's still not fixed.

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-05 10:42:59

At 10/5/16 12:10 AM, Jessetheterrible wrote: Apparently not. I got rid of all my add-ons and it's still not fixed.

Strange. How about re-installing the browser from scratch?

It did work with FireFox right? So you know for sure the browser is the issue.

BBS Signature

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-05 16:37:46

I'm with @Cyberdevil

I'm using Chrome and have precisely zero of these issues. Are you using a smartphone perhaps? Don't do that.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-06 18:03:09

No, I'm using my laptop. I don't think these games even work on smartphones

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-06 18:32:29

At 10/6/16 06:03 PM, Jessetheterrible wrote: No, I'm using my laptop. I don't think these games even work on smartphones

Im on Opera Developer Version.. its having a few problems as well.. Btw opera is based off of chrome..

But yeah as im typing this message the grey words on the left side are overlapping my message on here..

I Also cant use the portal buttons drop downs up top where it says
Games | Movies | Audio | Art | Portal | Community | Your Feed
I Have to actually click on them as buttons and navigate that way
to get to the forums i need to go to community first then press 'All Forums ' or whatever it says lol

Happy Coding

- Xploit

BBS Signature

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-06 19:17:30

Yeah, nah. Like Cyberdevil said, it's some issue with addons that I had. Site works fine on incognito, and on Firefox. Purely a user error and not an error with the actual browser itself

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-07 15:56:04

At 10/6/16 06:32 PM, iXploit wrote: But yeah as im typing this message the grey words on the left side are overlapping my message on here..

I Also cant use the portal buttons drop downs up top where it says
Games | Movies | Audio | Art | Portal | Community | Your Feed
I Have to actually click on them as buttons and navigate that way
to get to the forums i need to go to community first then press 'All Forums ' or whatever it says lol

The dropdowns have actually been phased out. They're supposed to work that way now. ;) Agree it's a bit harder to get to the forum overview now than it was, but if you're going to a specific one at least there's a dropdown beside that button now.

As for the gray text... no idea what's up with that. Are you using any addons, by any chance...?

BBS Signature

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-07 15:57:02

At 10/6/16 07:17 PM, Jessetheterrible wrote: Yeah, nah. Like Cyberdevil said, it's some issue with addons that I had. Site works fine on incognito, and on Firefox. Purely a user error and not an error with the actual browser itself

Ah, so it was that thing after all. XD Good to know! And hope you get it working without those work-arounds...

BBS Signature

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-14 21:34:48

Yep, I ended up reinstalling when Firefox got picky about WebGL. Everything works fine now

Response to Site is slowly breaking on Chrome 2016-10-15 05:41:55

At 10/14/16 09:34 PM, Jessetheterrible wrote: Yep, I ended up reinstalling when Firefox got picky about WebGL. Everything works fine now

Ah, back with Chrome again. Good to hear (that the advice worked).

BBS Signature