00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jrx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you collect anything? If so why?

2,610 Views | 65 Replies

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-25 20:55:49

At 9/25/16 08:34 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: Does that mean we may one day never hear the buzz of static from an old TV? Or will that work independent of the lack of signal?

Can't stop all the electrons beaming in from space...

So yeah, there will always be static, as long as analog TVs are still around.

Can you still get static deep underground, in a magnetically-shielded room?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-25 21:48:21

Hm, I don't have much in a 'collection', but I do collect funny doujins, classic hentai on VHS, gardening guidebooks, machine guns and books on IT. I even have a goddamn COBOL basics book in the depths of the bookshelf. I havent been to Comiket in a while, though...

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-25 22:07:53

cathode ray tubes

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-25 22:26:04

At 9/25/16 09:48 PM, YomToxic wrote: Hm, I don't have much in a 'collection', but I do collect funny doujins, classic hentai on VHS, gardening guidebooks, machine guns and books on IT. I even have a goddamn COBOL basics book in the depths of the bookshelf. I havent been to Comiket in a while, though...

Well, I guess I can understand watching hentai multiple times.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-25 22:54:03

Physically collect anything? Not consciously lol but I do have a pretty nice gun collection. I also like to buy those small statues you can place on top of a shelf or a desk. Not sure what they're called.
I'd post pictures but I'm not at home right now.

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-26 13:30:11

At 9/25/16 04:44 PM, MinatoArisato wrote:
At 9/25/16 04:38 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: I collect lava lamps because they're pretty fucking sweet. They're just a cool thing to collect.
I always wanted one as a kid, though I think they were kind of expensive back then.

I'm not sure how far back you're thinking of, but it all depends on the size of the lava lamp. The most I've ever spent on one was like $24 or so for a 17 inch lava lamp.

My girlfriend has a bunch, I think like 7 or 8? the bulbs are always burning out so they're in storage at the moment. Having so many plugged in at once is probably an electrical hazard or a bunch on our power bill.

I hardly ever plug mine in, so I haven't had a bulb burn out on me yet. If you do have several plugged in, though, it will most likely raise your power bill.

Also, they can only be a hazard if you have them plugged in for more than 10 hours at a time.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 12:09:05

At 9/26/16 01:30 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 9/25/16 04:44 PM, MinatoArisato wrote:
At 9/25/16 04:38 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: I collect lava lamps because they're pretty fucking sweet. They're just a cool thing to collect.
I always wanted one as a kid, though I think they were kind of expensive back then.
I'm not sure how far back you're thinking of, but it all depends on the size of the lava lamp. The most I've ever spent on one was like $24 or so for a 17 inch lava lamp.

My girlfriend has a bunch, I think like 7 or 8? the bulbs are always burning out so they're in storage at the moment. Having so many plugged in at once is probably an electrical hazard or a bunch on our power bill.
I hardly ever plug mine in, so I haven't had a bulb burn out on me yet. If you do have several plugged in, though, it will most likely raise your power bill.

Also, they can only be a hazard if you have them plugged in for more than 10 hours at a time.

I was thinking like... *thinking about how old I am* probably like 17 years ago. Also why are they a hazard when plugged in that long? and is it just being plugged in, or just being switched on?

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 12:22:21

~Games (Well over 600+ of 'em as of the time of writing.)
~Amiibos
~World of Nintendo Figurines
~Pokemon Cards

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 12:30:47

At 9/27/16 12:09 PM, MinatoArisato wrote:
I was thinking like... *thinking about how old I am* probably like 17 years ago. Also why are they a hazard when plugged in that long? and is it just being plugged in, or just being switched on?

Having it turned on. Having it plugged in and turned off won't do anything.

They can become a hazard because of how hot the lamp gets. It is possible if you have it on for a very long time, like days at a time, that the glass could crack or break and then you have a mess on your hands.

Leaving a lava lamp on for way longer than 10 hours also might make it not work properly anymore, which will shorten it's life or ruin it completely.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 14:41:27

I collect copper so that I eventually can heatsink my whole body in the summer

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 15:24:25

I collect old and foreign coins. I just like to keep cool small stuff that I find like coins, domino pieces, bullets. I only found a bullet once and was very fascinated, no one has fire arms here so I was pretty surpised to find a bullet. It was rifle bullet without it's case, but I forgot what rifle though.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 18:09:16

At 9/27/16 12:22 PM, NanoRim wrote: ~Games (Well over 600+ of 'em as of the time of writing.)
~Amiibos
~World of Nintendo Figurines
~Pokemon Cards

Take a picture of your biggest shelf, I wanna see.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 18:10:49

At 9/27/16 12:30 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 9/27/16 12:09 PM, MinatoArisato wrote:
Having it turned on. Having it plugged in and turned off won't do anything.

They can become a hazard because of how hot the lamp gets. It is possible if you have it on for a very long time, like days at a time, that the glass could crack or break and then you have a mess on your hands.

Leaving a lava lamp on for way longer than 10 hours also might make it not work properly anymore, which will shorten it's life or ruin it completely.

That must be how the oldest one got the blobs that rarely move around then. Are modern lava lamps still filled with toxic goo? or was that a myth.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-27 18:12:44

At 9/27/16 01:44 PM, HeavenSC21 wrote: I collect:

1. Cars
2. Digital Illustrations
3. Blades
4. Boxes
5. Shirts
6. Phone Chases
7. Logos

I never really considered the fact that I collect digital stuff. I do have tons of reaction images and lewd drawings stockpiled over the years. Plus fanart of stuff I like. One of my greatest fears is that oneday my data will be lost. I should really keep more backups.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-28 08:14:26

At 9/27/16 06:10 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: Are modern lava lamps still filled with toxic goo? or was that a myth.

Well, define toxic goo.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2016-09-28 18:24:15

I used to collect outdated law books. I just wanted a library that looked like the offices in TV shows, lined with all those blue, green and red nameless books. had about 60-something. Ended up trashing them all the last time I moved.

I was born ready. My eyelashes, alas, were not.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2017-03-17 19:18:22

At 3/17/17 04:37 PM, Alias wrote: Dreamcatchers.

I love them.

I have one that hangs right above my bed (pictured), one on each window in my bedroom (pictured), and one on each window in my office. I have purple, black, pink and multicolored.

I just really love the intricate design of them, and I especially love the handmade ones.

It's been a long time since I've seen one of these. My sister had one in her room when we were kids. I always thought the concept behind them and the look was really cool.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2017-03-17 21:41:06

At 3/17/17 07:18 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: It's been a long time since I've seen one of these. My sister had one in her room when we were kids. I always thought the concept behind them and the look was really cool.

They're really pretty, and actually pretty easy to make one! Not a great one...but still.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2017-03-18 09:19:24

Trading cards

- Yugioh
- Pokemon
- Duel Masters
- Sports
- Dragon Ball

You haven't seen me yet.

At 3/18/17 09:19 AM, BloodPact wrote: Trading cards

- Yugioh
- Pokemon
- Duel Masters
- Sports
- Dragon Ball

I always thought Duel Masters and Yu gi oh were the same thing. Like Duel Masters was the subtitle or something. My old Pokemon cards are long since gone. I bought a pack when the trend started and immediately regretted my decision outside of just staring at the foil Gyarados once in awhile. That was around the time where I started to realize my material possessions didn't mean much if they didn't have long term use. And of course it takes more than one pack of cards and people to play with to enjoy deckbuilding and that sort of thing. So I restricted my purchases to Video games.

I also bought a pack of Magi Nation cards since I liked the game. Then attempted to play against myself ;_; gotta learn our lessons somehow.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-10 14:31:05

At 3/17/17 09:41 PM, Alias wrote:
At 3/17/17 07:18 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: It's been a long time since I've seen one of these. My sister had one in her room when we were kids. I always thought the concept behind them and the look was really cool.
They're really pretty, and actually pretty easy to make one! Not a great one...but still.

iu_1695_5867179.jpgAdded to the collection...library decorations.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-10 14:54:09

My fallout collection is growing

I have several shelves I need to put up

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1425188/1

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-12 07:09:50

At 1/10/19 02:31 PM, Alias wrote:
At 3/17/17 09:41 PM, Alias wrote:
Added to the collection...library decorations.

Those are some pretty dreamcatchers! Very nice!

I collect video games. Reason being for a while when I started working I found a local pawn shop that just sold any game, and I mean ANY, for $5. They also had a deal of buy 1 game get 1 free. So for $20, i could get 8 games. So I just slowly built up my collection for a few years. Only issue now is that I have too many games and I know I can never get the time to play them all. (Also the shop closed down)

iu_1870_1865544.jpg

I also collect coins.

PLZ FOLLOW --> Instagram | YouTube | Deviantart

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-12 09:11:39

At 9/25/16 04:32 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Movies. I have 62 of them. But many have higher amounts.

How many foreign movies do you own?

At 1/12/19 09:11 AM, Bones wrote:
At 9/25/16 04:32 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Movies. I have 62 of them. But many have higher amounts.

Das Boot, Downfall, Satan's Baby Doll, Tommy, What to do in case of Fire?, She killed in Ecstasy, Vampyros Lesbos, The Devil Came from Akasava. So I own 8.

I now own around 100 movies.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-12 16:45:43

At 1/12/19 03:31 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
Das Boot, Downfall, Satan's Baby Doll, Tommy, What to do in case of Fire?, She killed in Ecstasy, Vampyros Lesbos, The Devil Came from Akasava. So I own 8.

Are you a fan of spaghetti western or partisan movies?

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-12 16:53:29

At 1/12/19 04:45 PM, Bones wrote:

I don't like any western movies. I had to wiki what partisan movies are, and I like any war films. Doesn't matter what side they are on, if it's a good war film.

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-12 16:55:03

At 1/12/19 04:53 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
At 1/12/19 04:45 PM, Bones wrote:

I don't like any western movies. I had to wiki what partisan movies are, and I like any war films. Doesn't matter what side they are on, if it's a good war film.

Dude you should check out the Yugoslavian ones. Walter defends Sarajevo is the first one you should watch. And what about the good the bad and the ugly? That's a really good western

Response to Do you collect anything? If so why? 2019-01-12 17:09:35

At 1/12/19 04:55 PM, Bones wrote:
Dude you should check out the Yugoslavian ones. Walter defends Sarajevo is the first one you should watch. And what about the good the bad and the ugly? That's a really good western

I really don't like older movies in general. Anything before the 60's. All Quiet on the Western Front is an exception. Gone with the wind too, but older movies that are great even then I don't re-watch them.