00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pqndabear34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cannon Shooting Game for the Wii U

335 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi, everyone!

Last weekend, I was at Hack the North 2016, Canada’s largest hackathon, at the University of Waterloo. What I decided to do there is build a pilot project of a game I have in mind of building and publishing for the Nintendo Wii U.

This is my hackathon submission:
http://devpost.com/software/gpd-sliding-cannon-h7lam5

It’s a shooting game involving a cannon to take down a bunch of orbs and evade enemy fire. This is available for Google Play on Android if you want to experiment with it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GregoryDesrosiers.GPDSlidingCannon
What I want to see from this forum is if you like the game or not, because eventually I want to apply for a financial grant to finance the development of this for the Wii U. Remember, this is a small-scale project; the actual game for the Wii U will be bigger than this with more levels.

What I would learn and implement in the game include texture maps, transitions, animation, and particle systems. I would also take the time to add music and sound effects as well.

Even though I do want to try to get a financial grant, I need to be ready for alternatives because a grant may not work. Instead, I would have to use crowdfunding through Kickstarter. Even with adequate funding from the campaign, I’ll need to go back and forth between public opinion and this project because the game should sell enough that the revenue made pays back the costs.

I am not talking about a budget of millions of dollars. I am talking about at least $3,000 US, but no more than $10,000 US. That’s to buy all the resources I need to build my game, and both promote and market the game.

Technically, I am doing this as a co-op side project; what’s unique about this, even though I could just simply do smaller games with Android and Web, is that it’s my first exposure building a game for a video game console. I don’t know about the PS4 nor Xbox One, but I assume they have game development resources of their own that I need to purchase.

Please let me know what you think.