00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

gettin' mad (videos don't work)

268 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

gettin' mad (videos don't work) 2016-09-17 03:36:01

newgrounds refused to play almost any video. this has been going on for a long time now and i can't seem to find any dang info on it! first of all it looks like most videos have been converted to unity, which doesn't play on chrome, and doesn't play well on anything else because it's video instead of actual flash. i've tried to find evidence of this but there doesn't seem to be any info on it, which tells me that it might be a personal problem. what gives?!?! i want to watch flash videos but i can't since even using a different browser just results in low quality videos with no flash bonuses like buttons and such. can anyone help me figure this out?!

i have a picture of what's going on when i try to play a video...

i have the latest chrome, pretty sure flashplayer is up to date turning of adblock does nothing (which i will keep turned on at least until i get this issue solved)

For some submissions, you can toggle swf (Flash) or mp4, though not all authors upload Flash versions any longer. Not sure what the video problem could be. Are you using any add-ons that could be conflicting (other than adblock)? Or could you be using Safari?

Edit: that one you're trying to play above does have an swf alternative at least.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to gettin' mad (videos don't work) 2016-09-20 11:04:41

oh, i didn't see that button. thanks, that helps a lot! i wish NG would allow me to play videos in swf form by default...

Response to gettin' mad (videos don't work) 2016-09-20 13:23:27

At 9/20/16 11:04 AM, grumpyCrow wrote: oh, i didn't see that button. thanks, that helps a lot! i wish NG would allow me to play videos in swf form by default...

No problem. :) Once you switch the setting I think it does default to that format on other submissions too... where there is a .swf file available. Would be cool if everything was Flash from the start, but reverse-converting video files from other sources to Flash would probably defeat the benefits of the format. :) No interactivity either.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature