00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Obese and Smokers banned surgery

2,357 Views | 62 Replies

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-05 10:43:46

At 9/4/16 08:10 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Yeah good luck getting anyone to stop them selling poison though...
A move towards a seditary lifestyle ain't exactly helping either...
The sooner we move towards GM the better...

You could try a lawsuit to prevent them sale of poison food.
People should be much more active.
How much impact will GM have?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-05 10:45:52

At 9/4/16 08:16 PM, JaniceBattersby wrote: will these new rules apply to people who vape? or just smokers?
recently i've been hitting up some primo vaping spots round town

- DoctorStrongbad

Vaping is suppose to be healthier than smoking. It is still new, and all the effects are unknown.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-05 18:13:32

At 9/4/16 08:32 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/4/16 07:10 PM, MaynardHeart wrote: I'm 200 pounds and I'm a heavy smoker.
What is your height? We can figure out if you are obese or not.

5 foot 6 inches, I believe.

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-05 18:39:25

At 9/4/16 08:23 PM, Lemonardo wrote: As a smoker this should only apply if whatever I'm taken to hospital for is directly because of my smoking. If I broke my leg or something to refuse me surgery is completely daft. That like saying I can't get on a plane to another country because I like the colour green.

You should watch out for this new policy. It could spread to someplace near you.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-05 18:41:29

At 9/4/16 08:25 PM, Painbringer wrote: If the whole point of fattening people up was to sell gym memberships, then it backfired, bigtime.

It may of helped gyms make money, but many with memberships do not actually go.

At least it helped sell more power scooters and SUVs.

SUVs are taking over.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-05 18:58:20

At 9/5/16 06:41 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It may of helped gyms make money, but many with memberships do not actually go.

Just like the people who pay a recurring subscription to play MMOs.

SUVs are taking over.

Not so much the big ones anymore, but crossovers for sure!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-06 10:59:21

At 9/4/16 08:36 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Tell that to the people who were in Auschwitz...

Did they have a good gym membership?

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-06 11:02:06

At 9/4/16 08:41 PM, X-Dog wrote:
At 9/4/16 08:15 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Nope, you so crazy.
Yup! I used to be sane, but I'm much better now.

When this world is so crazy, sometimes I feel the same way.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-06 22:17:07

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but it's interesting they want to ban those who need medical assistance the most. Maybe just apply mass pay deductions to most government bureaucrats and apply the saved money to the NHS. I dunno.

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-06 22:41:36

The Body Mass Index is extremely flawed because it does not measure your overall fat or lean tissue (muscle) content. Therefore, people who are not really "obese" are considered obese, and that is wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-06 22:44:02

At 9/5/16 10:45 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/4/16 08:16 PM, JaniceBattersby wrote: will these new rules apply to people who vape? or just smokers?
recently i've been hitting up some primo vaping spots round town

- DoctorStrongbad
Vaping is suppose to be healthier than smoking. It is still new, and all the effects are unknown.

This is wrong. We do know the effects of vaping now, according to the FDA. The FDA has even tried to start the process of banning vaping.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-06 23:15:03

At 9/6/16 10:44 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
This is wrong. We do know the effects of vaping now, according to the FDA. The FDA has even tried to start the process of banning vaping.

popcorn lung and such.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 12:38:29

At 9/4/16 08:50 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: not entirely, smoking is going to make you heal slower and less healthy in general, making the smoker a weaker choice on who to medically help in the first place.

That is correct. They should be forced to quit smoking , before they could sign up for the surgery.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 12:40:20

At 9/4/16 10:41 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: I don't think that this is a good idea to treat obese people and smokers like that what if that person died from something and that something needed surgery to get rid of it.

Smokers and the obese have pretty much given up on living a healthy life. There is no reason to waste surgeries on them, when they could be given to normally people.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 13:42:59

I think it depends on the surgery. For example, giving smokers who develop lung cancer a lung transplant doesn't seem like a good idea. However, an operation on a smoker to fix a non-smoking related health issue doesn't seem unreasonable.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 14:07:01

At 9/4/16 11:26 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
At 9/4/16 09:16 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
When you say drug addicts, are you including smokers are people who over eat?
Habitual and biological compulsion from developed dependencies, smokers are included, over eaters are not, they suffer from eating disorders, not drug addictions.

Okay, just checking what your definition was including.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 14:09:17

At 9/5/16 02:28 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: i know obese people and my dad died a handful of years ago from cancer caused by smoking.

That is terrible. Has that made you very anti-smoking?

if you're doing things to negatively effect your health and your habits make your healing or practicing medicine on you less successful than someone without those vices, you shouldn't be on equal footing.

I agree with you. It is just like wasting money trying to fix a 15 old var, when you could buy a brand new one.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 15:07:11

At 9/7/16 02:09 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Has that made you very anti-smoking?

i've been against smoking for a long while. smokers have made me anti-smoking. i know plenty, was one myself a long time ago. being friends with them and having managed them, often their lives rotate around smoking. and if you're with someone who smokes, your life tends to revolve around their habit too.

people should be free to do what they want, their life and their body. what annoys me is that it's often a habit that effects others, even if it's something as small as having to wait for someone to finish a cigarette before going somewhere.

Smokers and the obese have pretty much given up on living a healthy life. There is no reason to waste surgeries on them, when they could be given to normally people.

i'm not sure i'd go that far. but side by side with someone who is healthier, the smoker/obese individual should take a back seat.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 15:10:55

This should do this in the US so I can die quicker.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 21:59:38

At 9/5/16 05:48 AM, Halberd wrote: Dunno, but obese and smokers die young so I think the costs at least even out. I think a study said they cost far less than regular people but don't quote me on that.

That is a fair point to bring up.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-07 22:02:20

At 9/5/16 06:13 PM, MaynardHeart wrote:
I'm 200 pounds and I'm a heavy smoker.
5 foot 6 inches, I believe.

I do not think that counts as obese. You should be okay.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-08 02:36:26

At 9/5/16 06:58 PM, Painbringer wrote: Just like the people who pay a recurring subscription to play MMOs.

That is true.

Not so much the big ones anymore, but crossovers for sure!

They are all over the place and streets.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-08 02:37:27

At 9/6/16 10:11 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: I was overweight until i started going to the gym daily and eating right

Glad that you are healthier now.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-08 04:07:26

"You need a new knee Mr Smith, but you are obese so the nhs will not offer you this operation until your BMI is at a safe level."

"How will I lose weight if I can't move on my crumbled kneecap? I've paid taxes all my life and never had more than a flu shot from the doctors.."

"Not my concern or worry Mr Smith, now if you'll excuse me I have another patient waiting. She's not from this country, sends all her money home, pays little tax that one, but she is pregnant so she is entitled to everything she can get out of the nhs, including free prescriptions and free dental work which the nhs do not offer free of charge anymore. Good luck with the knee though old bean."

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-08 04:20:13

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-08 12:21:29

At 9/6/16 10:17 PM, CiviLies wrote: Desperate times call for desperate measures, but it's interesting they want to ban those who need medical assistance the most. Maybe just apply mass pay deductions to most government bureaucrats and apply the saved money to the NHS. I dunno.

They want to scare smokers and the obese into stopping their unhealthy habits. It could work out well.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-08 12:22:30

At 9/6/16 10:41 PM, Kayleeee wrote: The Body Mass Index is extremely flawed because it does not measure your overall fat or lean tissue (muscle) content. Therefore, people who are not really "obese" are considered obese, and that is wrong.

What do you think would be the best way to tell if somebody is obese?

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-09 14:54:41

At 9/6/16 10:44 PM, Kayleeee wrote: This is wrong. We do know the effects of vaping now, according to the FDA. The FDA has even tried to start the process of banning vaping.

Banning vaping already? Looks like the health results were terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-09 14:56:19

At 9/6/16 11:15 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: popcorn lung and such.

I am glad vaping has been made illegal in restaurants just like smoking.

BBS Signature

Response to Obese and Smokers banned surgery 2016-09-09 15:06:10

At 9/9/16 02:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/6/16 10:44 PM, Kayleeee wrote: This is wrong. We do know the effects of vaping now, according to the FDA. The FDA has even tried to start the process of banning vaping.
Banning vaping already? Looks like the health results were terrible.

Looks like you have too much faith in the Federal Drug Administration. I'd suggest getting yourself educated on the corruption of the FDA immediately.

BBS Signature