00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Starting Collabs.

1,105 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Starting Collabs. 2016-09-04 09:13:58

How do i start a collar and who with?? I don't have Skype so I can't do that so my only option is PMs here on Newgrounds.

Thanks, guys and girls

Response to Starting Collabs. 2016-09-04 09:31:33

At 9/4/16 09:13 AM, Squeegee4554 wrote: How do i start a collar and who with?? I don't have Skype so I can't do that so my only option is PMs here on Newgrounds.

Thanks, guys and girls

Hi!

If you're looking to collaborate with other musicians, you've already started the first step. A forum post is a way to find artists. I'm fairly new here, but I do the same sort of thing in youtube comments.

If you mean the actual act of collaboration, there are many ways to do it.
What are your expectations? Do you want someone to be working with you in tandem, or are you looking for a back-and-forth type of collab?

Example 1: Someone sent me a MIDI file to touch up notes, edit instruments, and add effects. The composition was all theirs, but I was able to add my own feel to it.

OR

Example 2: I sent out a drum track, the guitarist sent a file back with guitar/bass added, then I added vocals. The composition was a direct collaboration through email.

I'm sure there are other ways, but these have been the two instances where I've had the most luck.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Response to Starting Collabs. 2016-09-04 10:43:06

I'm sure there are other ways, but these have been the two instances where I've had the most luck.

Thanks. I'd probably do both. At the same time. Who with? I'm making a melodic dubstep/chipstep song at the moment. who is good at that??

Response to Starting Collabs. 2016-09-04 10:53:59

At 9/4/16 10:43 AM, Squeegee4554 wrote:
Thanks. I'd probably do both. At the same time. Who with? I'm making a melodic dubstep/chipstep song at the moment. who is good at that??

There's lots of artists, its just a matter of finding them.

THAT is tougher than it sounds sometimes. But some people are willing. I would help if I had time, but sadly, I have a few commissions to work on as it is.