00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

need Adobe Flash/animate tween help

550 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi. Im working on an animation in Adobe Animate CC 2015. I havent been able to get V-cam to work, so ive just been using classic tweens for all of my movements. But i do not know how to use a classic tween for something with multiple frames of animation. For example, say the animation involves a bird flapping its wings and flying across the screen. Even if the animation is an object, the tween just freezes the animation on its first frame and moves the bird lifelessly across the screen. So How does one create a tween with multiple frames of animation?

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-08-21 23:00:28

set the symbol to graphic

BBS Signature

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 05:20:36

At 8/21/16 11:00 PM, Blounty wrote: set the symbol to graphic

Why does your signature has to be so annoying / flashing / in your face? Are you seeking attention? Or just like to annoy people?

Heya

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 07:15:15

At 9/2/16 05:20 AM, Aleque wrote:
Why does your signature has to be so annoying / flashing / in your face? Are you seeking attention? Or just like to annoy people?

Wow someone is mad they can't afford to be a supporter!

BBS Signature

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 07:46:07

At 9/2/16 07:15 AM, Blounty wrote:
At 9/2/16 05:20 AM, Aleque wrote:
Wow someone is mad they can't afford to be a supporter!

Heh, so you paid real money so you can have a flashy signature? /pity

Heya

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 09:43:22

At 9/2/16 07:58 AM, TehCrayz wrote:
At 9/2/16 07:46 AM, Aleque wrote: Heh, so you paid real money so you can have a flashy signature? /pity
He payed real money to help support the website we all love

The way he said it sounded more like "haha you got no moniez to be supporter and have a flashy signature like me!".

Heya

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 12:26:26

At 9/2/16 09:43 AM, Aleque wrote:
At 9/2/16 07:46 AM, Aleque wrote: Heh, so you paid real money so you can have a flashy signature? /pity
The way he said it sounded more like "haha you got no moniez to be supporter and have a flashy signature like me!".

And what does this sound like then?

"Why does your signature has to be so annoying / flashing / in your face? Are you seeking attention? Or just like to annoy people?"

BBS Signature

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 13:18:15

At 9/2/16 12:26 PM, Blounty wrote:
At 9/2/16 09:43 AM, Aleque wrote:
And what does this sound like then?

"Why does your signature has to be so annoying / flashing / in your face? Are you seeking attention? Or just like to annoy people?"

I have no idea what your intention is with your flashy signature (if you didn't get enough attention as a kid or something), but I have to scroll away from it. Not a very pleasant way to browse these forums. I browse animation forums because I want to learn stuff and teach my tricks to others (and give some useful advice). I want to stay concentrated. So in my eyes you are just an obsticle (an annoying distraction) - supporter or not.

Heya

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 13:22:30

At 9/2/16 01:18 PM, Aleque wrote:
I have no idea what your intention is with your flashy signature (if you didn't get enough attention as a kid or something), but I have to scroll away from it. Not a very pleasant way to browse these forums. I browse animation forums because I want to learn stuff and teach my tricks to others (and give some useful advice). I want to stay concentrated. So in my eyes you are just an obsticle (an annoying distraction) - supporter or not.

Cool story bro

My intention with my sig was the fact that I am using a feature of the site that I get from supporting. No one cares about your tricks and tips mate, you are a nobody. I literally gave a 1 sentence answer to this guys question and you could not do anything else but insult my signature shows how many tricks and tips you know. Maybe spend less time on the forums and more time practising art and animation.

BBS Signature

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 13:28:16

At 9/2/16 01:22 PM, Blounty wrote: Cool story bro

My intention with my sig was the fact that I am using a feature of the site that I get from supporting. No one cares about your tricks and tips mate, you are a nobody. I literally gave a 1 sentence answer to this guys question and you could not do anything else but insult my signature shows how many tricks and tips you know. Maybe spend less time on the forums and more time practising art and animation.

Well, this simply concludes what type of person you are and whether it's worth having this discussion with you. I rest my case.

Heya

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 13:31:02

At 9/2/16 01:22 PM, TehCrayz wrote:
At 9/2/16 01:18 PM, Aleque wrote: I have no idea what your intention is with your flashy signature (if you didn't get enough attention as a kid or something), but I have to scroll away from it. Not a very pleasant way to browse these forums. I browse animation forums because I want to learn stuff and teach my tricks to others (and give some useful advice). I want to stay concentrated. So in my eyes you are just an obsticle (an annoying distraction) - supporter or not.
If you have Adblock installed, you can easily click "Block an ad on this page" and then select his banner and you will no-longer see it again.

Thanks. I already had Adblock installed on my Firefox browser. Just did not know whether it would block only his signature or everyone else's. Problem solved. Now I don't have to look at his crappy screaming "look at me" signature, like a little kid blowing a wistle and clapping his hand in a library.

Heya

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 13:31:39

At 9/2/16 01:28 PM, Aleque wrote:
Well, this simply concludes what type of person you are and whether it's worth having this discussion with you. I rest my case.

>Are you seeking attention? Or just like to annoy people?
>Heh, so you paid real money so you can have a flashy signature? /pity
>(if you didn't get enough attention as a kid or something)

You said all these things about me. Just because of my signature. Then when I retaliate it shows what kind of person I am? Very clever of you, I guess you win the argument that you started out of the blue.

BBS Signature

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-02 13:32:35

At 9/2/16 01:31 PM, Aleque wrote:
Thanks. I already had Adblock installed on my Firefox browser. Just did not know whether it would block only his signature or everyone else's. Problem solved. Now I don't have to look at his crappy screaming "look at me" signature, like a little kid blowing a wistle and clapping his hand in a library.

It's literally just a feature of the site that I get because I pay, holy shit stop crying about it.

BBS Signature

At 8/21/16 02:45 PM, Alighieri2000 wrote: Hi. Im working on an animation in Adobe Animate CC 2015. I havent been able to get V-cam to work, so ive just been using classic tweens for all of my movements. But i do not know how to use a classic tween for something with multiple frames of animation. For example, say the animation involves a bird flapping its wings and flying across the screen. Even if the animation is an object, the tween just freezes the animation on its first frame and moves the bird lifelessly across the screen. So How does one create a tween with multiple frames of animation?

To get back on topic. I suggest what's called nesting. Choose all of your keyframes on the main timeline, rightclick, Cut Frames. Create a new graphic symbol (set it to loop or play once, depending on what you want to achieve) and inside it, you paste the keyframes, tweens, etc. Now you can go back to the main stage and move, rotate, scale, etc, the symbol without affecting the animation inside it (which is now independant of the main timeline). It's ok to nest symbols several times (to have a better control over lots of different elements), just don't make it too complex for yourself.

I also struggle getting the V-Cam to work lately. It might be because you are not using the right one. Is your Flash file ActionScript 2 or 3? Because then you probably need a corresponding version of V-Cam. Try googling for different versions of V-Cam and see if you can find one that works.

EDIT: I just found this topic which should solve your V-Cam problem. http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1408908 Apparently solved by Blounty. No idea, why he did not mention it.

Heya

Response to need Adobe Flash/animate tween help 2016-09-04 20:46:57

lol thanks for the advice guys. And i think anyone should be able to have whatever they want as their banner, as long as it corresponds with the site's rules