00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Overrated bands that suck now

354 Views | 10 Replies

Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 11:43:26

Panic! At the Disco
Green Day
Any band similar to the above two that are moderately popular.
Three Days Grace
Any band I liked when I was 10
Any band that isn't botdf.
Any band that I don't particularly care for in general.
Thoughts???!!!!!!??????

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 11:53:03

I remember when I had strong feelings about Nirvana being overrated when I was in highschool. Definitely wasn't making too many friends who were in the "band t-shirt" crowd.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 11:55:15

At 8/13/16 11:53 AM, FinaLee wrote: I remember when I had strong feelings about Nirvana being overrated when I was in highschool. Definitely wasn't making too many friends who were in the "band t-shirt" crowd.

The first post wasn't serious but I'll go ahead and say I agree with Nirvana being overrated.
Good band, but definitely overrated and most of the young fans have no idea what they were like in their prime, they just jump on the bandwagon.

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 12:02:07

At 8/13/16 11:55 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: The first post wasn't serious but I'll go ahead and say I agree with Nirvana being overrated.
Good band, but definitely overrated and most of the young fans have no idea what they were like in their prime, they just jump on the bandwagon.

I've thought about them a little bit more since then, and I don't think "overrated" is the appropriate term. It's more like they just have a very exclusive sort of demographic, which is internally conflicted and rebellious teenagers who relate to what Kurt was saying. This is why it's so easy for their music to carry over to the next generation of teenagers who were born well after Nirvana disbanded.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 13:06:47

I'd agree with Green Day. Their reign is over.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 14:17:43

At 8/13/16 01:53 PM, Sekhem wrote: remember when people liked muse lol

Muse is a good band. Then again I remember you linking some vapid pop song as an example of "good music", so your taste in music is questionable to say the least.

At 8/13/16 11:43 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: Any band that isn't botdf.

Please tell me you're trolling. Blood on the Dance Floor is as bad as Brokencyde.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 14:41:55

At 8/13/16 02:17 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 8/13/16 01:53 PM, Sekhem wrote: remember when people liked muse lol
Muse is a good band. Then again I remember you linking some vapid pop song as an example of "good music", so your taste in music is questionable to say the least.

At 8/13/16 11:43 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: Any band that isn't botdf.
Please tell me you're trolling. Blood on the Dance Floor is as bad as Brokencyde.

Can confirm the first post everything after TDG turned into a troll post because I didn't wanna blabber on about how much I hate the other bands.

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 19:41:52

At 8/13/16 02:17 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Muse is a good band.

SOMEONE COME GET THEY MANS

I love Beach House but last year they put out a lot of music for some reason (2 albums) and 1 was okay the other was just shit. Real pity because they've been pretty quiet ever since I feel like.

Also I personally can't stand Tame Impala and think they are super overrated but I'm stupid what the hell do I know

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-13 19:44:11

At 8/13/16 07:41 PM, Splats wrote:
At 8/13/16 02:17 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Muse is a good band.
SOMEONE COME GET THEY MANS

I love Beach House but last year they put out a lot of music for some reason (2 albums) and 1 was okay the other was just shit. Real pity because they've been pretty quiet ever since I feel like.

Also I personally can't stand Tame Impala and think they are super overrated but I'm stupid what the hell do I know

I just recently got into Tame Impala and can confirm that the comments make them seem way better than they are.

How about overrated bands that always have sucked?

Alright, here goes:

Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Green Day
My Chemical Romance
Panic! At the Disco
The Offspring
Blink 182

Anything else in those genres

At 8/13/16 12:02 PM, FinaLee wrote: I've thought about them a little bit more since then, and I don't think "overrated" is the appropriate term. It's more like they just have a very exclusive sort of demographic, which is internally conflicted and rebellious teenagers who relate to what Kurt was saying. This is why it's so easy for their music to carry over to the next generation of teenagers who were born well after Nirvana disbanded.

Strongly, strongly disagreed.

While that's the INTENDED demographic, most of the people who claim to like Nirvana either think they're a clothing brand or "like the teen spirit song".

And, I don't see how liking a band after your time is inappropriate, maybe I'm misinterpreting that last part, but you seem to word it as if it contributes to being overrated.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated bands that suck now 2016-08-14 08:34:16

At 8/14/16 07:43 AM, TOXlCITY wrote: The Offspring

I got their logo tattooed on my leg.

I'll put forward Good Charlotte.
Can't hear any of their songs now without cringing.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature