00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Henkaku - Vita Homebrew Enabler

923 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Henkaku - Vita Homebrew Enabler 2016-08-07 02:53:29

Sorry if a repost, I ran a quick search and yielded no results.

If you happen to own a Vita, like myself, and have been living under a rock for the past 10 days or so then rejoice! For we now have - Henkaku!

What is Henkaku? Why should you care?

(copied from Google)
"Henkaku is the first ever homebrew enabler for PS Vita and PSTV. It is akin to jailbreaking your iPhone or rooting your Android device. Homebrew are games and other software not officially approved. For example, VitaDoom is a port of the classic game DOOM and mGBA lets you play Game Boy Advance ROMs."

Why should you care?

Well, it means in the near future native emulators and homebrew are going to explode, there is already a ton of buzz and people going bananas over on the subreddit.

Note: A few emulators as of this post are already up and running, but most of them still suffer performance issues such as fps drops or audio stutters.

Vita hacking has been a thing for a while now, why the sudden interest?

The short answer to this is Henkaku makes it much easier than before and also opens the door to further exploits and possible developments. In a nutshell, it's exciting to own a vita - for once!

Another side note for those new to this sort of thing, you can also change your theme and BGM. You can check the subreddit I linked earlier for help/make a request or check this guide. Wololo has a lot of useful resources and updates often, so you can browse around if you're interested.

I just wanted to make this post so people were aware, who may not follow the homebrew scene. Don't be intimidated, it is incredibly easy and there is virtually zero drawbacks (unless you actually care about your warranty) but you must also remember it's still in it's infancy.

The horizon is golden my friends.

Henkaku - Vita Homebrew Enabler

BBS Signature

Response to Henkaku - Vita Homebrew Enabler 2016-08-07 15:01:55

I honestly was surprised that the wii homebrew channel was so easy to operate,normally that kind of stuff requires a piece of hardware that would void the consoles warranty.

Response to Henkaku - Vita Homebrew Enabler 2016-08-07 17:11:51

At 8/7/16 03:01 PM, argile wrote: I honestly was surprised that the wii homebrew channel was so easy to operate,normally that kind of stuff requires a piece of hardware that would void the consoles warranty.

That and requiring a certain firmware version. Luckily, Henkaku requires firmware 3.60 to get shit working.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Henkaku - Vita Homebrew Enabler 2016-08-10 21:09:19

It's cool how much progress they've made in such a short amount of time since it's been hacked. But it's still nothing compared to what we had on the PSP. Hopefully we can get a better N64 emulator.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature