00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I HATE YOU. . .

778 Views | 2 Replies

I HATE YOU. . . 2001-09-13 10:09:48

CNN! And MSNBC, and Fox News, and CBS, ABC, all the other American stations who are reporting the stuff going on. Every time I see one of those "Attack on America" logos, or see one of those Top-of-the-hour montages complete with music and editing that looks more like an MTV video than news coverage; it makes me want to puke. CNN reported their ratings yetsterday, and they're ecstatic. It goes to show you how effed up the media in this country is. The media is certain to show every angle of every explosion they can, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I turned on the news and saw footage of people jumping out of the WTC. We knew it was happening...we didn't need to see the bodies falling, over and over. I see the "human interest" peices, interviews with firefighters and family members and survivors, and it pulls at my heart...but it also pisses me off, because I KNOW the media doesn't care about those people, only that they're getting people to cry from watching their show...and getting more ratings. Advertisers see the ratings, they come running. I'm just waiting for "this shot of thousands of people dying is brought to you by Verizon Wireless".

I HATE YOU. . .

Response to I HATE YOU. . . 2001-09-13 10:46:37

At 9/13/01 10:09 AM, LurkerX wrote: CNN! And MSNBC, and Fox News, and CBS, ABC, all the other American stations who are reporting the stuff going on. Every time I see one of those "Attack on America" logos, or see one of those Top-of-the-hour montages complete with music and editing that looks more like an MTV video than news coverage; it makes me want to puke. CNN reported their ratings yetsterday, and they're ecstatic. It goes to show you how effed up the media in this country is. The media is certain to show every angle of every explosion they can, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I turned on the news and saw footage of people jumping out of the WTC. We knew it was happening...we didn't need to see the bodies falling, over and over. I see the "human interest" peices, interviews with firefighters and family members and survivors, and it pulls at my heart...but it also pisses me off, because I KNOW the media doesn't care about those people, only that they're getting people to cry from watching their show...and getting more ratings. Advertisers see the ratings, they come running. I'm just waiting for "this shot of thousands of people dying is brought to you by Verizon Wireless".

What, did you think that they honestly care? The day it happend Dan Rather tried his best to sound shocked about the planes crashing into the building. He should quit being an actor. No news reporter ever cares about current events except for the sake of exploiting it. Yes, our media is fucked. As well as other things at the time, such as this racial profiling thing happening now. I'm just hoping for the best outta this...

Response to I HATE YOU. . . 2001-09-13 11:21:46

At 9/13/01 10:09 AM, LurkerX wrote: CNN! And MSNBC, and Fox News, and CBS, ABC, all the other American stations who are reporting the stuff going on. Every time I see one of those "Attack on America" logos, or see one of those Top-of-the-hour montages complete with music and editing that looks more like an MTV video than news coverage; it makes me want to puke. CNN reported their ratings yetsterday, and they're ecstatic. It goes to show you how effed up the media in this country is. The media is certain to show every angle of every explosion they can, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I turned on the news and saw footage of people jumping out of the WTC. We knew it was happening...we didn't need to see the bodies falling, over and over. I see the "human interest" peices, interviews with firefighters and family members and survivors, and it pulls at my heart...but it also pisses me off, because I KNOW the media doesn't care about those people, only that they're getting people to cry from watching their show...and getting more ratings. Advertisers see the ratings, they come running. I'm just waiting for "this shot of thousands of people dying is brought to you by Verizon Wireless".

That's the media for ya. Bunches of dirty whores, spreading disease (hatred and racism) to saturate the minds of middle America. My personal "favorite" was how many fucking times they showed the second plane crash into the WTC, and in all different angles. It's disgusting, the American media is out of touch, yet the problem is that regular America doesn't think so. This is exactly what regular America wants, constant coverage and human interest, so they remember that they're human.