00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Whats a good first fightstick?

485 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Whats a good first fightstick? 2016-07-26 17:39:43

I play tekken preety seriously. Not serious enough to play in tourneys mind you, if only i was that good.

Ive heard fighsticks or fightpads are good for mobility and precision.

Any information is helpful!!

Response to Whats a good first fightstick? 2016-07-27 14:18:26

Oral Kumbat XXX

Response to Whats a good first fightstick? 2016-07-27 14:58:48

anything hori makes that's compatible with your system is pretty good.

Personally recommending this one.

i heard Qanba's are pretty good, but i've never used one

also, you don't really need a arcade stick for precise control. If you're already good on the controller, then there's really no need to switch, unless you grew up playing tekken in arcades or you just feel like it.

and one important thing, AVOID GETTING A MAYFLASH. the buttons are shit and the joysticks go to shit after a good while.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Whats a good first fightstick? 2016-07-27 19:55:18

At 7/27/16 02:58 PM, TheMajormel wrote: also, you don't really need a arcade stick for precise control. If you're already good on the controller, then there's really no need to switch, unless you grew up playing tekken in arcades or you just feel like it.

This. Arcade sticks really aren't the hot shit that a lot of people claim they are. Although some stuff like dragon punches are easier on arcade sticks, double tapping can unexpectedly become harder. They are very expensive for little or no benefit. I wouldn't buy one unless you really, really want one. Don't expect to become better at fighting games just because you use a stick.

Response to Whats a good first fightstick? 2016-07-29 08:48:18

At 7/27/16 02:58 PM, TheMajormel wrote: anything hori makes that's compatible with your system is pretty good.

Personally recommending this one.

i heard Qanba's are pretty good, but i've never used one

What is the difference between Qanba and Hori? I have a Madcatz T.E 2.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.