00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dream significance

469 Views | 10 Replies

Dream significance 2016-07-26 06:54:25

Lately I started to believe that dreams are some sort of inner lecture that we play to ourself to live throught the consequences of our doubts and fears. Like self defense mechanism that lets us experience what we fear or what we want the most without physicaly doing it. If we want something, the dream will either give it to us or take it away, motivating you to go for it in real life. Same with fears and doubts. It lets you experience it to make you more resilient.

When you are awake. There are times when you think about your life. You start telling yourself that everything could have been better if you did the right thing. Then sleeping comes and you experience a dream where you got what you "wanted" or lost something valuable "people, property, body parts"

I don't know about incest dreams tho. I actualy had to look up what that means and if you are fuking your sister or mom. It might mean that either you were violated by them in real life. Or you want to bridge a rift between you.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-26 07:27:47

At 7/26/16 06:54 AM, Deshiel wrote: I don't know about incest dreams tho. I actualy had to look up what that means and if you are fuking your sister or mom. It might mean that either you were violated by them in real life. Or you want to bridge a rift between you.

D-dude, what the fuck?

BBS Signature

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-26 10:41:03

Dreams are portents that always come true.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-26 17:27:38

I actually remember the beginning of one dream I had, or rather how basic thinking "dialogue" turned into a visual dream, so based on that I can confirm that at least some dreams are just what we're thinking about, made to look authentic because our reality checkers are off when we're asleep. In psychology this is similar to the AIM model. That said, I think there's something that can be analyzed about dreams due to them being projective, kind of like the TAT test (see 2:17 here.) For instance, I've noticed I rarely have nightmares, but people I know that are more fear-based and fear-driven in their every day lives often tell me about having nightmares. Do they spend more of their day thinking about what scares them? Absolutely.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-26 17:38:05

I had a dream the other day I was climbing a huge clock tower with a bunch of friends. It was full of gears an mechanisms, I'm not sure if it was much of a clock. The tower itself housed some kind of giant, and all the platforms was our means of fighting it I guess.

The other part of the dream involved a big lake and riding in a boat or swimming with a bunch of old friends.

Most of my dreams just involve being raped by attractive women though.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-26 18:15:43

lol what the fuck is going on

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-26 22:02:02

think of it realistically and you can reach your dreams

take life for what it is and signify life on a platform for basically that day or for how ever long it is until you have a dream.... then you piece it together.

last dream I remembered it was like I was just exactly like what was going on in the day previous and where those actions lead me for the next day. think of it when you wake up your last state of consciousness is gonna play a part in how your day goes. ultimately we need our conscious to cope... so you see or feel serenity in life... youll have it in your dreams.

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-26 22:48:01

I've had dreams foreshadow events that later happened. Ill spare the details.

No doubt dreams reflect either your greatest fears or desires. These days for me its all about the fear.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-27 00:56:33

I dreamt that my pets jumped off a bridge and my mom was killed. <:(

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-27 02:59:19

I don't know, I don't know.

I mean, last night I dreamt about a giant devil coming to earth and me and some others were trying to work out a plan to defeat him, which turned out to involve the use of drugs (not in that way), I believe they were like gun/bomb drugs somehow. Anyway it was all working till this drug addict conned me out of my drugs so we didn't have enough to defeat the giant devil and his army of the undead. They blew up the moon and we knew we had lost.

It could mean something deep sure, or it could mean that I've played a lot a lot of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell these past few days.

Which I have.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Dream significance 2016-07-27 11:41:53

At 7/26/16 09:46 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: I keep having dreams of my EX ignoring me in one way of another
brain, let me move on pls

In my dreams my ex keeps trying to reach out to me and talk things out with me but I always ignore her on purpose.
In reality, she doesn't give a fuk about what she did to me. In my dreams she does and me ignoring her makes her suffer. HEHE

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature