00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old people being president

591 Views | 8 Replies

Old people being president 2016-07-23 23:32:24

I've had a realization about this election. All the major candiates (clinton, bernie [he lost], trump) are all around 70 years old. Clinton or Trump are going to be in their late seventies after being president.

Historically, most presidents have been middle aged when elected, and at the end of their term.

This is pretty telling about what the US is becoming, an oligarchy run by people who don't care about the younger generations.

BBS Signature

And this is important why? All the presidents were over 40 anyway, which is around middle-age and considering that the age limit for president is 35, you kind of have to be middle-aged to be president. All in all, we prefer to have our leaders to have some sort of political experience before trying to be the president. Trump being one of the very few exceptions to the rule.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Old people being president 2016-07-24 01:40:04

At 7/24/16 12:46 AM, orangebomb wrote: And this is important why? All the presidents were over 40 anyway, which is around middle-age and considering that the age limit for president is 35, you kind of have to be middle-aged to be president. All in all, we prefer to have our leaders to have some sort of political experience before trying to be the president. Trump being one of the very few exceptions to the rule.

Yeah, but most presidents have been middle aged (35-64). Clinton and Trump are ~70.

BBS Signature

Response to Old people being president 2016-07-24 11:05:01

At 7/24/16 12:46 AM, orangebomb wrote: And this is important why?

Being President is a very stressful job, look at side by side photos of just about anybody when they took office, and then when they left. Especially a 2 term President, they look like in many cases they've aged 10 or 20 years in that 8. Takes a toll. Both candidates are headed right around the general end of life expectancy, so similar to John McCain I think....it becomes a case where you aren't just voting for that particular candidate, you also have to have an eye towards who their VP pick is since the odds get a bit better that that person may become President.

Not a huge deal, or a situation that I'd say makes you less likely to vote against one or both of them, but I do think it's something worth considering.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Old people being president 2016-07-24 14:16:15

At 7/23/16 11:32 PM, coaliscool42 wrote: This is pretty telling about what the US is becoming, an oligarchy run by people who don't care about the younger generations.

I'm a young person and I don't even give a fuck about you other young people.

Response to Old people being president 2016-07-24 15:51:52

At 7/24/16 11:05 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Being President is a very stressful job, look at side by side photos of just about anybody when they took office, and then when they left. Especially a 2 term President, they look like in many cases they've aged 10 or 20 years in that 8. Takes a toll. Both candidates are headed right around the general end of life expectancy, so similar to John McCain I think....it becomes a case where you aren't just voting for that particular candidate, you also have to have an eye towards who their VP pick is since the odds get a bit better that that person may become President.

I guess when you put it that way, that does make a lot of sense. With the exception of Rubio and Cruz, most of the main candidates are above 60 years old, and the Presidential office does take it's toll on everyone who has lived long enough to see the end of their 2nd term. Having said that, I still prefer to have a presidential candidate to have a decent amount of political experience. Someone like Obama doesn't come around very often.

As for the part about the "oligarchy" not caring about the younger generations, if we're being honest here, the vast majority (read: Gen Y) of the younger generations don't really know what they truly want, and they usually grow more conservative with age, though there has been plenty that go the opposite way. I'm sure that there are a lot of folks here that have changed political affiliations and beliefs at one time or another.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Old people being president 2016-08-01 14:35:06

At 7/23/16 11:32 PM, coaliscool42 wrote: I've had a realization about this election. All the major candiates (clinton, bernie [he lost], trump) are all around 70 years old. Clinton or Trump are going to be in their late seventies after being president.

Historically, most presidents have been middle aged when elected, and at the end of their term.

This is pretty telling about what the US is becoming, an oligarchy run by people who don't care about the younger generations.

because they're old, they automatically don't care about younger generations? your post makes little sense.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Old people being president 2016-08-01 16:07:39

At 7/23/16 11:32 PM, coaliscool42 wrote: I've had a realization about this election. All the major candiates (clinton, bernie [he lost], trump) are all around 70 years old. Clinton or Trump are going to be in their late seventies after being president.

Maybe just nobody wants to be prez anymore. Or more likely, the world is run by a secret global cabal bent on one world government and enslaving the proles.

And everybody in that club is like 70 +

Henry Kissinger
George Soros
Zbignew Breshinki
The Clintons
The Bushes
Teh Rothchilds n Rockfellers

You must be a vampire to have clout

Response to Old people being president 2016-08-04 12:05:05

One reason why only older people become president is that young people may still have too much of a soul left for politics